Bad reviews dnt mean alot.

Started by Spectre, Dec 20, 2007, 09:26:57 PM

Author
Bad reviews dnt mean alot. (Read 25,778 times)

Highland

Highland

WTF, ripley, i have to laugh, she's the most lame washed out person in the history of washed out actors, its like watching dutch fight predator all over agiain, but somehow its ok cause its alien? give me a fu**in break man

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteBad reviews mean everything.
Predator 2 had bad reviews, but i think its a very good movie and most pred fans do too, some of them even consider it better then the first one... so yeah, bad reviews means everything. ::)

Please stop to talk BS.

mostlycome@nite

mostlycome@nite

I'm going for Ripley too.

........and yes just cause it is Alien it IS ok...

In Predator, the Pred was just as much a main part as Arnold was....

........Alien is a main part, but Ripley was the focal point.....if not she would'nt have gone as far in the sequels as she did....But I do agree they have used her up. It kept you feeling for the human side...You could relate...Plus you got to know her....

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: karhan on Dec 21, 2007, 07:20:43 PM
Quote from: YutaniDitch on Dec 21, 2007, 07:05:00 PM
Quote from: karhan on Dec 21, 2007, 05:55:23 PM
Quote from: YutaniDitch on Dec 21, 2007, 05:33:09 PM
Quote from: karhan on Dec 21, 2007, 05:24:03 PM
what if Will Smith was in AVP3 :o   it would be pretty cool i think, he did a good job in independence day :-\

Wilt Smith is too expensive for Fox...Why do you think they went for the TV guys' cast...? ;)

LOL your right, but for me if AVP3/P3/A5 is in space then the lead "hero"role would go to..........
AVP3=Bruce willis  P3=Mel Gibson (Danny glover did P2 so let Mel do P3 :P) and A5= i honostly dont know would play a lead role in A5, who would you pick YutanyDitch ???

I would think the casting from a perspective of experience-quality-affordability...

It would depend on the budget granted and the script's quality...

A big budget like Spiderman would have A-class actors like the ones mentioned...

But they would only accept it if the movie had a good, really GOOD script...

SO, given the nature of the AVP movies, I would not think A-class actors would wanna do it...

For an Alien 5 movie, the script would have to be not just good, but also the pitch from the director would have to be convincing... And with an A-budget as well...

An Alien movie with an Spiderman3-budget could afford an actor like that... with less than 100 mil, I don't think so, with all the money that needs to be spent on CGI and all...

So, it all depends on the budget available and the quality of the script to me...
;)

hypotheticly now; IF they had a superb script fitt for the best actors in hollywood and a big ass budget, who would you pick to be the lead role in A5/P3/AVP3

Actors I would pick for Alien  5

Willem Dafoe as the bad guy- He can do dark and gritty. I would peg him for an excellent Weyland Yutani exec. The secret string puller. Christian Bale as the male lead. I wouldn't want him as a marine or anything but somebody who can become a heroic figure. He's a really strong actor. Plus I'm tired of female leads and Ripley clones. You could make him a Weyland Yutani employee who doesn't realize how corrupt his company is until he uncovers their secret bio-weapons division. Ziyi Zhang as Bale's love interest. A fianace or something he struggles to protect after the corporation threatens her life he doesn't cooperate with them. Daniel Craig as a Yutani assasin. He' already proved he's got what it takes to be Bond. Edward James Olmos as the lead military man who helps coordinate the fight against the aliens. He's proved he's excellent for the role since being in the new Galactica. I wouldn't mind seeing Vin Diesel as main marine. Not XXX Vin Diesel or even Riddick diesel but something more toned down like from Saving Private Ryan.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Dec 21, 2007, 08:19:27 PM
Ziyi Zhang as Bale's love interest.

I know you probably have a raging boner for asian chicks...but seriously someone with a full command of the English language would be preferable

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: happypred on Dec 21, 2007, 11:22:39 PM
Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Dec 21, 2007, 08:19:27 PM
Ziyi Zhang as Bale's love interest.

I know you probably have a raging boner for asian chicks...but seriously someone with a full command of the English language would be preferable

Why would it matter having a full command of English language. Aliens movies are in the future I think they should have more of an international flavor. More of a unified Earth. It was just a thought there are plenty of other actresses who would do as well.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Dec 23, 2007, 03:09:23 AM
Why would it matter having a full command of English language. Aliens movies are in the future I think they should have more of an international flavor. More of a unified Earth. It was just a thought there are plenty of other actresses who would do as well.

haha...just my opinion that's all, I find it distracting when the actor/actress struggles to deliver their lines because their English sucks...it's like when with Jet Li, he's cool until he opens his mouth

The Chibi Kiriyama

Bad reviews can mean little to nothing as to the actual quality of a film. Alien3 has something like a 30% on Rotten Tomatoes, but all of those reviews were written when it came out and they don't really comment on the film so much as missed expectations. In the same regards, it would be foolhardy to say bad reviews do nothing to the box office gross. A film can be good, but enough negative word-of-mouth and even the highest quality film will falter.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: happypred on Dec 23, 2007, 06:29:42 AM

haha...just my opinion that's all, I find it distracting when the actor/actress struggles to deliver their lines because their English sucks...it's like when with Jet Li, he's cool until he opens his mouth

I foulnd Sabastian distracting in AVP so I guess I'm not the only one?

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Jango1201 on Dec 23, 2007, 08:55:28 AM
Quote from: happypred on Dec 23, 2007, 06:29:42 AM

Sebastian was ok. I don't think his English is what was bad about his performance. His character really had nothing to do except explain one brief plot point. What a shame. Jet Li though has a lot more going on for him, so not being able to speak English well isn't as much of a negative.

Truth is I found the whole cast of AvP distracting with the exception of Lance Henrikson.
I foulnd Sabastian distracting in AVP so I guess I'm not the only one?

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I was told once to f**k the critics, if you like the movie, you like the movie, if you don't, you don't.

Also, what's the point of a point score, what does it mean, your not comparing it to another AVP-R are you, you either like it or you don't, see the movie your self, don't just go of what one of two ass critics say, its because they couldn't make the film is why they hate it. 

severen76

severen76

I remember charles bronson saying something along the lines of...

"I dont make films for critics, they dont pay to see them anyway" gotta love charlie  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed