Why the original design wont be used again...

Started by War Wager, Apr 03, 2007, 12:45:41 PM

Author
Why the original design wont be used again... (Read 6,187 times)

Vader the White

I like the AVP designs, but I love the orignal. I resently saw a picture of it in normal light and it looked perfect. Very biomechanical.  I don't like how the orignal tounge looked. Too thick.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Dark_Magician on Apr 06, 2007, 02:58:49 PM
I like the AVP designs, but I love the orignal. I resently saw a picture of it in normal light and it looked perfect. Very biomechanical.  I don't like how the orignal tounge looked. Too thick.

What!?!? you liked the AVP designs? no way! i thought they were terrible just like the Alien creatures in Alien Rez.  Can't believe that THEY DIDN'T GET STAN WINSTAN TO DO THE CREATURE EFFECTS ETC! i'm sorry for bitchen but i get angry at the fact that the new Alien & Predator designs get praised because they are terrible! Can't believe ADI are doing AVP2!  I'm not saying that ADI are terrible becasue to me they have a major talent i wish i had! bit i think that their Alien designs are wrong  >:(

P.S Not all of this post is aimed at you Dark_Magician  ;D and i'm sorry if i've ofended you...i am drunk!  :-\

Newsfop

The fault of creature design falls on the director. ADI may have designed it, but the director was the one to approve it. Don't forget that Alien³'s alien was well based on Giger's new design.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Newsfop on Apr 07, 2007, 06:39:55 AM
The fault of creature design falls on the director. ADI may have designed it, but the director was the one to approve it. Don't forget that Alien³'s alien was well based on Giger's new design.

Yes true your right on that one. Shame these Directors can't see the faults in the designs. 

SM

QuoteDon't forget that Alien³'s alien was well based on Giger's new design.

Well, no.  The official line was it was all ADI's doing.  Fincher screwed Giger around.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Newsfop on Apr 07, 2007, 06:39:55 AM
...Don't forget that Alien³'s alien was well based on Giger's new design.
Well, no.  The official line was it was all ADI's doing.  Fincher screwed Giger around.

SM is right on that...heres a link to an article from H.R.Gigers web site called "It also happened with Alien 3"
http://www.hrgiger.com/alien4f.htm

Even though Giger was screwd ADI and Fincher still based their designs from Gigers scetches. (i think?)

SM

No, it was "a welcome coincidence".

Aliendrone

hey, i like the AVP design, but my fav is Aliens.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SM on Apr 10, 2007, 11:09:11 PM
No, it was "a welcome coincidence".

I see, i've always been lead to believe that ADI did base their design on Gigers  :( you must admit coincidence or not they are very much alike  :)

SM

No doubt they look the same.  I'm just giving ADIs line on the matter.  Wouldn't surprise if they used Giger's ideas.

Well technically they did.  Ditching the tubes was in accordance with Giger's original ideas which they openly admitted.

xeno_alpha_07

...Ditching the tubes was in accordance with Giger's original ideas which they openly admitted.

I'm glad they didn't use the tubes on the back for the creature in Alien 3.  Always thought it would have spoilt it. Plus with it running on all fours most of the time why would it need them anyway.

SM

If we knew what they were actually for we could work out whether they were really necessary or not.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SM on Apr 11, 2007, 02:59:42 AM
If we knew what they were actually for we could work out whether they were really necessary or not.

Yes that is true  :) i like the tubes on the back of the orignial Alien creature because it gives it even more of the Bio-Machanical look.  I've always loved the original creature from the first Alien film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed