DVD cover?

Started by nukem11, Dec 20, 2007, 12:23:42 AM

Author
DVD cover? (Read 8,633 times)

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

I know this is off topic, but i have some questions about the DVDs.  Firstly, it's been told that there is going to be an extended edition, does anybody know if this will be released seperatly from the normal edition or on the same DVD, and do we know if it will be unrated.  Secondly, has it been comfirmed that there will be a bluray version of the movie?

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Dec 20, 2007, 01:59:40 AM
Fox should have a fan art contest to make a DVD cover.

Agree 100%...hell, MOST fan posters in the FAN POSTERS thread look way better than the ones released...

By the way, the international poster looks like a B-movie poster, if you know what I mean...the Dallas and Kelly composite is rubbish... And what's with her and the beretta...? She wouldn't even make a dent on an Alien with that... Lame shot...

Most fans can do so much better with Photoshop... and for free...! ::) :D ;)

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Quote from: nukem11 on Dec 20, 2007, 12:23:42 AM
Out of all the posters which one would you want as the DVD cover. Or would you want something totally different from other images. I think this one is really cool and the poster used in the cinamas.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=135&pos=11

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=135&pos=1

Second one. But what I would want as the DVD cover is this:

except make it more realistic and make the Predator look just like Wolf, maybe leave the Alien or replace it with Chet. I think that would an excellent DVD cover for AvP-R.

gameoverman

gameoverman

^That art has two of the best designed creatures in the franchise.   If you replace it with AVP-R's creatures, it won't look anywhere near as good.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

^Agreed. 

That piece only works because it's good art.  Swap 'em out for shots of AVPR's A & P and all you'll get is another generic photshop comp just like all the 'real' posters tend to be.

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 26, 2007, 01:22:34 PM
^That art has two of the best designed creatures in the franchise.   If you replace it with AVP-R's creatures, it won't look anywhere near as good.

Yeah, you're probably right. But it'd be nice to see a real Predator and Alien maybe from previous films in that pose. Don't ya think? I've been wanting to see a real Alien and Pred in that pose for years, literally. Looks like it won't come happen anytime soon.  :(

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Dec 26, 2007, 01:32:15 PM
^Agreed. 

That piece only works because it's good art.  Swap 'em out for shots of AVPR's A & P and all you'll get is another generic photshop comp just like all the 'real' posters tend to be.

True but then I want to see that cos I've been wanting to see a real A & P in that pose for ages. If only someone could do it, I'd be real happy.

Dusk

Dusk

I always like my Covers simple. Just AvP: Requiem written on a black cover would be enough for me.

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Quote from: Dusk on Dec 26, 2007, 01:59:29 PM
I always like my Covers simple. Just AvP: Requiem written on a black cover would be enough for me.

Congratulations on your 786th post Dusk! In Islam that's a really special number.  :)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I think the  silliest one is number 6 and I'd go for that as a cover for the bargain bucket edition

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed