Is it just me OR is this movie seeming more and more disapointing.....

Started by PredClanLeadrr85, Dec 20, 2007, 12:08:33 AM

Author
Is it just me OR is this movie seeming more and more disapointing..... (Read 12,972 times)

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: csutkakoma on Dec 24, 2007, 05:24:58 PM
Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Dec 24, 2007, 05:19:15 PM
Someone on IMDB give it a possive review and said it was good because it was very old school and action pack. The review on movieweb was good as well.

Here another possive fan review

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/board/thread/92928504

The movieweb gave the movie 3.5/5 which is medicore. 70%.

70% is good, it pretty much a C+ or B- .

csutkakoma

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Dec 24, 2007, 05:34:44 PM
Quote from: csutkakoma on Dec 24, 2007, 05:24:58 PM
Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Dec 24, 2007, 05:19:15 PM
Someone on IMDB give it a possive review and said it was good because it was very old school and action pack. The review on movieweb was good as well.

Here another possive fan review

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/board/thread/92928504

The movieweb gave the movie 3.5/5 which is medicore. 70%.

70% is good, it pretty much a C+ or B- .

No 70% is not good. 80%+ is good.

Hudson1138

The problem with most of the negative reviews is that, for some reason they are expecting it to be as good as Alien, Aliens or Predator. ITS NOT, its time as films made by powerful and talented directors has come and gone, i dont know why people are  expecting masterpieces. Ive gone through that phase and come to terms with the fact that unless we know who the director is and how his or her movies were in the past, were never gonna get another ALIENS ever again. Right now, i just want a F'kin  Balls to the Walls action flick, with some BAD ASS PRED and ALIEN SCENES. AVP was rubbish AVP2 will be Rubbish as well, but itll be Enjoyable RUBISH! I just want to get back to the days of old school action flicks, thisll probably be very reminiscent of PREDATOR 2 and Alien Resurrection (until that white POS shows up) just action and fun $H!T

csutkakoma

Quote from: Hudson1138 on Dec 24, 2007, 05:40:33 PM
The problem with most of the negative reviews is that, for some reason they are expecting it to be as good as Alien, Aliens or Predator. ITS NOT, its time as films made by powerful and talented directors has come and gone, i dont know why people are  expecting masterpieces. Ive gone through that phase and come to terms with the fact that unless we know who the director is and how his or her movies were in the past, were never gonna get another ALIENS ever again. Right now, i just want a F'kin  Balls to the Walls action flick, with some BAD ASS PRED and ALIEN SCENES. AVP was rubbish AVP2 will be Rubbish as well, but itll be Enjoyable RUBISH! I just want to get back to the days of old school action flicks, thisll probably be very reminiscent of PREDATOR 2 and Alien Resurrection (until that white POS shows up) just action and fun $H!T

That is not a problem! And Why? Because we are big fans. Thats Why and we want the best for this franchise. I think the Aliens and the Preds are deserve it.

Hudson1138

I also hate to criticize alot of people on this board for turning into .... well... star wars fanboys. I know being a fanboy has its pros and cons, but dont stoop to the level of Star Wars fanboys. you guys are like women sometimes. THE BROS ARE THE BEST!  2 days later   THE BROS SUCK SOOOOO MUCH GAH THIS MOVIE WILL SUCK!

Calm down, we know what to expect with AVP2, I knew what to expect from DAY 1 when it was announced. why cant anyone else here (not saying everyone is like this)

Hudson1138

Csutkakoma, im just saying, if your waiting for the alien franchise to return to its masterpiece roots, your gonna be waiting a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long time. and as much as you are a fan of both franchises, ill bet top dollar im more of a fan than you are. (lets not get into a discussion about this either)

nukem11

Im sure are give it a 7/10 when I see it. there seems to be enough wicked battles which I really missed in AVP. So this films gonna make up for it but Im sure the characters will piss me off a treat.

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

QuoteCsutkakoma, im just saying, if your waiting for the alien franchise to return to its masterpiece roots, your gonna be waiting a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long time.

Sad but maybe true or maybe it will never happen.

TheAncientEnemy

Now people are going to fight over who the biggest fan is? I haven't seen a challenge like that since I left the playground.

No, we won't get movies as good as Alien, Aliens or even Alien 3. It's not that great directors don't exist but rather the fact that morons will get just as excited to see some POS movie with aliens in it whether it's a great film or not. Fox has already established the fan base and the fan base has told Fox "We don't care how bad these movies are! We will see them no matter what!"

Pissing and moaning after the fact has nothing to do with Fox. They got your money. YOU'RE the sucker and you'll be the sucker again for AVP3. I can't tell if its stupidity, bad taste, or just denial that gets people excited about this garbage. If you go in knowing it will be bad that's one thing... but to go in and think that this will be the second coming of Christ then you're just the kind of ill-informed kid that Fox needs to fill its coffers.

If you love something sometimes you have to put it down to limit its suffering. I feel like the same fans that are supposedly in love with these franchises have been keeping them on half-ass life support for years now and WHO is profiting from all of this? Certainly not the fans since no one loves these movies. Definitely not cinema. Surely not the integrity of the series.

Fox is the only one who can smile about people paying $10 to see Alien and Predator raped over and over again.

nukem11

Well the clever fans know there not gonna be as good as aliens and what not but you can still enjoy for what it is.

Gates

nukem11

Quote from: Gates on Dec 24, 2007, 06:10:18 PM
Quote from: nukem11 on Dec 24, 2007, 06:04:49 PM
but you can still enjoy for what it is.

Why?

well dont then but atleast give it a chance.

Lucian Laurentis

What people need to realize is that for creativity to flow, there can never be a movie in a series that is too similar. It's pretty normal for the main fanbase to change each time a new movie is released. And then there are fans of the older style/movie, etc. It always happens, and it always will. It's not because the movies are a peice of sh!t really, it's because they don't mesh with your style. While there are many new fans that may not like the old movies because they see them as boring.

Either way it's all a matter of opinion, I get tired of people here trying to shove opinions down each other's throats. That goes for both sides of the spectrum of course. I just wish we could all agree that we're different and that while we may think that AvP and this movie will suck immensly, that it may very well be entertaining to other people. And NO, that does not automatically mean they like rubish. I mean honestly, who decides what is and isn't rubbish? No one is the almighty god of opinions on movies.

Some of you will hate this film so much it'll probably make you sick, and you have a right to hate it. Because there was something different that drew you to the series. For some reason however, this franchise hasn't produced anything yet I've absolutely hated. Now while I may think AvP one was dissapointing, I didn't outright hate it. I saw it opening day and it was entertaining, for what it was worth. Same thing with Ressurection... the cloning story was kinda...hokey to me. I hate excuses to bring main characters back, but meh... wasn't that bad, just not what I'd have done.

Who knows, I may just go to film school to become a director.  ;D

Gates

Quote from: nukem11 on Dec 24, 2007, 06:14:33 PM

I know you won't believe me but I wish I could have...I truly do... :-\

Lucian Laurentis

Quote from: Gates on Dec 24, 2007, 06:15:45 PM
Quote from: nukem11 on Dec 24, 2007, 06:14:33 PM

I know you won't believe me but I wish I could have...I truly do... :-\

Well at least you have The Dark Knight to look forward to.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed