Is it just me OR is this movie seeming more and more disapointing.....

Started by PredClanLeadrr85, Dec 20, 2007, 12:08:33 AM

Author
Is it just me OR is this movie seeming more and more disapointing..... (Read 13,028 times)

PredClanLeadrr85

i am very optimistic,,, i have stayed away from watching last two trailers and the first 5 min ... and new pics... its been hard to do... from the two reviews... one of the dude at rottentomatoes.. and other from movieweb they have bashed this movie... i would tell u to go read the rottentomatoes review.. but it has spoilers early on so i had to stop reading it... from the sound of it , its bad... i hope not but the last 3 weeks my feelings and hype for this film has dropped... sorry to say  hopefully its all a lie :-[

ShadowXeno

I believe the movie will blow too. I wish I were wrong.

ChasuFett

If it IS going to blow, I think alot of it would have to do with how they portray the Aliens. The same problem existed for AVP. The Aliens didn't have the same kind of presence that they did in any of the Alien movies. They're supposed to be intense, intimidating and full of suspense. They're supposed to be real nightmares.

But if you throw in characters like the Predator, and they hunt them like they're jokes (more or less), then the Aliens become too demystified and unscary.

But if the movie were to portray the Aliens to be so gruesome that they even terrorize the Predators (albeit to a lesser extent than humans), then it's possible that they can maintain their reputation that they've worked hard to achieve throughout the entire Alien saga.

Alien³

From the research I found out etc I believe this movie will top AVP by a milestone.
Just hope it doesn't become a film I try and forget.

Purebreedalien

I hope it's not going to suck because I'm awaiting January the 18th with eager anticipation.

csutkakoma

From IMDB.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0758730/board/thread/93008656

Being a huge AVP fan, I was once again disappointed. AVP was horrible and Requiem was just mediocre. Some great fight scenes with Predator showing off his cloaking ability, but nothing special.

Main characters were pretty awful. The ending was a pile of crap. You won't believe your eyes when you see it.

AVP- 3/10
Requiem- 6/10

Sounds terrible... >:( >:( >:(

Ratchetcomand

I still hope for this movie.

csutkakoma

I have too, but the to many negative criticism gives me the blues. I hope it not will be bad. Everything what i saw are great but...

Helikaon

It's only going to blow if you think it is.

Casablanca would "blow" if you thought it did.

Ratchetcomand

Someone on IMDB give it a possive review and said it was good because it was very old school and action pack. The review on movieweb was good as well.

Here another possive fan review

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/board/thread/92928504

TheAncientEnemy

Quote from: Helikaon on Dec 24, 2007, 05:16:12 PM
It's only going to blow if you think it is.

Casablanca would "blow" if you thought it did.

So you suggest we should assume it's awesome going in and then fill ourselves with denial on the way out?

csutkakoma

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Dec 24, 2007, 05:19:15 PM
Someone on IMDB give it a possive review and said it was good because it was very old school and action pack. The review on movieweb was good as well.

Here another possive fan review

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/board/thread/92928504

The movieweb gave the movie 3.5/5 which is medicore. 70%.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Positive thinking aside, I think there's enough evidence that this film won't impress the general audience. Plus, this is an R-rated film. Don't expect the same open-armed embrace of an AVP film now that adults are the primary audience. Right now, I'm looking at the reality that this might get enough of a bad rep that the BO performance will be impacted as time goes by.

And as a reminder: some of us aren't IMDb users and don't wish to be, so copy/pasting the posts made there would be nice.

csutkakoma

Possible SPOILERS!

*AVP R is balanced, Wolf and the Queen have several fights and all these fights are intense and enjoyable.

*Much people die, almost all are killed by aliens.

*The last 1/3 of the movie is fully epic, and action filled.But there are actions scenes from the beginning to the end.

*The characters are poorly developed, only Kelly,Morales, and Dallas are enjoyable.

*They brought back all the old sounds of the preds and the aliens.

*He watched it twice, in a row, he said the replay value is nearly as huge as the old classics.

*he gave it a 7,5/10.

Lucian Laurentis

Well it's got lots of action since it's a versus movie, so naturally there are some characters that will be better developed than others. I'm sure if the running time were longer we'd have better character development, but then fox would throw in some idea about predaliens skinning predators. >.>; I'd rather it be 86 minutes of action than 120 minutes of action with stupid stupid ideas. >< Thats like saying an Alien Drone should be able to use a cell phone since the person it was implanted within knew how to use one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed