Is this movie basically Pred-Alien verus Wolf???

Started by Spectre, Dec 19, 2007, 10:33:17 PM

Author
Is this movie basically Pred-Alien verus Wolf??? (Read 9,785 times)

marrerom

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 20, 2007, 03:46:30 AM

I guess you like people with chesbusters grabbing someones head and smashing the chestburster through their head. Or maybe the shitty eggs?

yeah i like that alot more than a pred teaming up with a chick.

Weasel

The only reason that A:R could even harbor watching for me is because Weaver and Riders performances were alright. Seriously...think about it. A human/alien hybrid. Thats the stupidest shit I've ever heard.

marrerom

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 20, 2007, 03:56:23 AM
The only reason that A:R could even harbor watching for me is because Weaver and Riders performances were alright. Seriously...think about it. A human/alien hybrid. Thats the stupidest shit I've ever heard.

how can you find that worse than a predator teaming up with some woman?

running in slomo together....blah

Weasel

Quote from: marrerom on Dec 20, 2007, 03:58:44 AM

Aside from that scene, the rest of the movie is watchable.

Dasani

Much worse...

marrerom

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 20, 2007, 04:00:11 AM

Aside from that scene, the rest of the movie is watchable.

that "scene" is the entire third act of the movie.....

Weasel

Their interaction though doesn't last too long. The newborn was in the last 1/4 of the movie and thats not even the worst thing. I bet your went balls of the walls when the queen had that womb. Then the newborn just kind of slashed the queens upper face off.

marrerom

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 20, 2007, 04:19:35 AM
Their interaction though doesn't last too long. The newborn was in the last 1/4 of the movie and thats not even the worst thing. I bet your went balls of the walls when the queen had that womb. Then the newborn just kind of slashed the queens upper face off.

actually the entire concept of the newborn and the queen having too much human DNA thus being corrupted didnt bother me at all....i liked it. although i seem to be in the minority

holdtheline

Resurrection was just as shitty as AVP, from what I remember.

Weasel

Adding, I said AVP was barely ahead of it.

gases

*possible spoiler*

marrerom swallow this before you speak again: Wolf is an experienced alien hunter.
He throws the alien just as easily as the alien was thrown in AVP.

If the chick from the alien movies can hold the alien with her boot and shoot it in the head I have no problem with wolf who has probably 75kg on her stomping on an aliens head. Do you think everything Wolf will do is going to look respectable to the aliens? He's the cleaner and stomping on heads, shooting from range, using gadgets is not above him.

When it comes down to it, you only have the scene where wolf holds the two aliens by the neck to legitimately complain about. The rest is rubbish, like you said about Wolf throwing the alien, which is perfectly fine as shown in AVP.

So you have this one scene, where Wolf does not hold the aliens for almost any time longer than shown in the trailers.

You are under the illusion that humans are fighting aliens. They are not. This is a predator who has hunted aliens before. This does not excuse their loss of apparent motor functions in the sewer scene but most of your "complaints" are rubbish.  ;)

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: gases on Dec 20, 2007, 05:48:24 AM
*possible spoiler*

marrerom swallow this before you speak again: Wolf is an experienced alien hunter.
He throws the alien just as easily as the alien was thrown in AVP.

If the chick from the alien movies can hold the alien with her boot and shoot it in the head I have no problem with wolf who has probably 75kg on her stomping on an aliens head. Do you think everything Wolf will do is going to look respectable to the aliens? He's the cleaner and stomping on heads, shooting from range, using gadgets is not above him.

When it comes down to it, you only have the scene where wolf holds the two aliens by the neck to legitimately complain about. The rest is rubbish, like you said about Wolf throwing the alien, which is perfectly fine as shown in AVP.

So you have this one scene, where Wolf does not hold the aliens for almost any time longer than shown in the trailers.

You are under the illusion that humans are fighting aliens. They are not. This is a predator who has hunted aliens before. This does not excuse their loss of apparent motor functions in the sewer scene but most of your "complaints" are rubbish.  ;)

yeah the only thing i can legitimately complain about is that one scene....right  ::)
i think its funny how people like you make blanket statments like "if a young pred like celtic can it, so can wolf" while completey ignoring the context in which the actions in each movie took place respectibly. it'd be the same as me saying "dutch beat a predator without even having to lay a finger on him lol therefore alien>predator durrrr!" or "danny glover beat a pred in melee combat so alien would have no problem rofl!"

you actually need to take your fanboy blinders off and watch the scenes to be able to offer a coherent argument. otherwise your just spouting nonsense. and fyi i have seen the sewer fight and it isnt a fight at all. the aliens have been defanged so badly that they must literaly be saved by their mommy. never have i seen aliens so pathetic, and it has nothing to do with the actions of the predator. the alien are thrown around much more easily then what celtic did, their actions are spastic and lame and if you are gonna honestly defend their  portrayal then you are gonna have to come up with a better excuse then that ^^.

edit* let me be clear though. its not the concept of a super pred being able to beat lots of alien that i have a problem with. its the execution of said concept that is FUBAR.

Jango1201

You can see the aliens in AVP have a lot of weight to them.

The Aliens i AVPR look like baloons flying around after you untie it.

Weasel

Did you forget the scene where Celtic is whipping around grid by the leg at super speeds and then throws him?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed