Maybe this is why the aliens seem dumb in AVP-R

Started by Skull Collector, Dec 19, 2007, 04:03:02 AM

Author
Maybe this is why the aliens seem dumb in AVP-R (Read 4,236 times)

Skull Collector

I don't think its right that people keep crying saying the aliens have been reduced to fodder for Requiem. Save your judgement until you see the movie as you don't know the full story. Have we already seen Wolf pick some aliens off like nothing? Yes, but we don't know about all his struggles in the movie (hopefully). The thing to remember is that Wolf is an "elite" type predator who is an expert and for him it might be easier to kill them because he's had the experience hence the possible fodder look on the aliens part.

For AVP-R, think of it as playing a game against other people. You have your basicly player who isn't that good (human), then you have your normal player who has a better grasp on how to play thus is better and is more of a challenge (alien). But, then another person comes in and slaughers the other two because his/her skills are above and beyond because he/she has played a lot more and knows all the tips and tricks of the game (Wolf).

Now I understand there has been more clips of the movie released and I won't watch them because I rather save it for the Christmas and I don't want to read spoilers so I've stopped comming into the requiem part of the fourm for now so if the aliens really are dumb then my apologies...  ;D

So I don't think the bros. have made the aliens dumber, its just that wolf is experienced thus it reflects on his battles against the aliens. Thoughts anyone?

Venom

KongHyped006

But alien fans and most fans(IMO) don't want to see some super elite predator just plowing through aliens.  The whole concept of one Predator being sent down is  utterly stupid.  It's like somehow just one Predator is going to stop a massive amount of aliens infesting a populated town.  Also considering how long it takes an embryo to develop(Presumably only an hour). Making one Predator be so elite is just ridiculous.  It dumbs down the whole alien race.

hisateru

ok... to me... alien has never be an intelligent species from the begining of the 1st alien movie... its only show some intelligence when they r in AR...  that's all... other than that... they r juz savage beast chasing people around

Chocolate man!

Quote from: hisateru on Dec 19, 2007, 11:03:11 AM
ok... to me... alien has never be an intelligent species from the begining of the 1st alien movie... its only show some intelligence when they r in AR...  that's all... other than that... they r juz savage beast chasing people around

And the one in Alien 3 that knew not to kill Ripley 'cause she had the queen embryo inside of her.

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Joshy boy on Dec 19, 2007, 11:26:13 AM
Quote from: hisateru on Dec 19, 2007, 11:03:11 AM

And the one in Alien 3 that knew not to kill Ripley 'cause she had the queen embryo inside of her.

Its calle instinct, all animal-beasts have it.....

it not the alien themselves, it when you compare a expert alien killer and an alien.....its obvious what the outcome is....

$cHm0cK

$cHm0cK

The ALiens are not weaker or even stronger in this Movie than they were in ALIENS. People who say smth, different are just talking BS!

Wolf is an ELite and he knows how to deal with those Aliens. Damn it ... Even a human, a women, Vasquez killed an ALien ... in hand to hand combat with a f**king pistol!

greetz

Dark Passenger

Quote from: $cHm0cK on Dec 19, 2007, 01:09:36 PM
The ALien are not weaker or even stronger in this Movie than they were in ALIENS. People who say smth, different are just talking BS!

Wolf is an ELite and he knows how to deal with those Aliens. Damn it ... Even a human, a women, Vasquez killed an ALien ... in hand to hand combat with a f**king pistol!greetz

I agree, An alien might seem strong when busting down doors, but dont forget that they had run-ups and they had hard exoskeletons.....so maybe its not strength at all....

and if you get leverage on them its hard for them to get leverage back....

jedchrizt

Quote from: KampZ on Dec 19, 2007, 04:19:22 AM
But alien fans and most fans(IMO) don't want to see some super elite predator just plowing through aliens.  The whole concept of one Predator being sent down is  utterly stupid.  It's like somehow just one Predator is going to stop a massive amount of aliens infesting a populated town.  Also considering how long it takes an embryo to develop(Presumably only an hour). Making one Predator be so elite is just ridiculous.  It dumbs down the whole alien race.

You retarded?
About 3 marines wiped hundreds of aliens.
And you're complaing about a PREDATOR? who is superior?

QQ harder, please.

$cHm0cK

Quote from: jedchrizt on Dec 19, 2007, 01:21:39 PM

You retarded?

QQ harder, please.

You are so right man  :)

greetz

Dark Passenger

You retarded?

QQ harder, please.

It wasnt really hundreds of aliens, but i agree if unsuspecting humans can do it, why cant an Extraterestial Expert alien hunter? (wolf)

Gates

Please tell me where three marines killed hundreds of aliens...just indulge me...

KongHyped006

You retarded?

QQ harder, please.

Im sorry, I must of missed the part where 3 marines killed more then a hundred aliens.  Can you explain to me where this happens?

ShadowPred

Wolf shouldn't even be that sillfull in kiling a bazilluion aliens, ads if he was taking out the trash, which is what he is oing in this film.

Experienced Lion hunter vs say about 4 lion hell bent on killing him would not survive, there you go!!

DB

The Aliens being instinct driven animals would make their actions seem more stupid. Terrestrial animals, although they do "freeze" on the off-chance they haven't actually been seen, do know to get the f**k out of the way. Aliens are dumber than the average Earth animal, it seems.

Even in Aliens they try and take cover and dodge when the opportunity comes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed