Ok, I'm getting mixed messages about the 'new opening'

Started by Docta Jekyll, Dec 16, 2007, 07:56:12 AM

Author
Ok, I'm getting mixed messages about the 'new opening' (Read 3,299 times)

TheUrbanPredator

Right. Now we got that sorted.  ;)

Docta Jekyll

Not really, as I pointed out, Colin says that the 'new' opening is a swap out, not an addition to the already existing opening, thats what the debate is all about...is the opening extended for the dvd as Crom implies, or a swap out/alternate as Colin has said

ArielAleXCo

i think the theatrical version is to make it more like a sequel....

the DVD extended director cut unrated plus+whtaever they call it.... is going to have an intro that makes it stand alone movie... dont you think??

Crom

I'd go with Colin too.

Vemados

Quote from: Crom on Dec 18, 2007, 02:37:21 AM

I'd go with Colin too.

:-\  OK so even you don't think you have the whole picture?

Colin_Strause

In the theaters there is no mother ship, just a single scout ship orbiting the Earth. In the DVD there is a mothership with a scout ship that disconnects from it far from Earth. The shots of the Predators on the ship have been re-ordered to show that all the action of big Chet happens on the little ship, not the mother ship in the DVD version as well.

One version was done for clarity, and the other for continuity.

That Yellow Alien

Jango1201

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Dec 18, 2007, 07:31:53 AM
In the theaters there is no mother ship, just a single scout ship orbiting the Earth. In the DVD there is a mothership with a scout ship that disconnects from it far from Earth. The shots of the Predators on the ship have been re-ordered to show that all the action of big Chet happens on the little ship, not the mother ship in the DVD version as well.

Is that why we see two different shots of the scout ship heading for Earth? The red and green band show it heading straight for Earth where as the 5 minute clip and commercial clips show it turning off course?

dDave

thx for youre input here...

Quote from: Jango1201 on Dec 18, 2007, 08:34:52 AM

Is that why we see two different shots of the scout ship heading for Earth? The red and green band show it heading straight for Earth where as the 5 minute clip and commercial clips show it turning off course?

i think you could clearly see what ship it is...

Chocolate man!

So was the theatrical one done for clarity or for continuity?

Blaz

I'd assume for clarity, as the mothership would continue more on from the first film, as the bursting took place in it, and not in a scout ship as it happens in the theatrical.

Keyes

Cool thanks. But wouldn't you need to have shown the mothership in the theatrical version for those "casual fans" who saw the last one? But then I guess the mothership-to-scoutship maybe a bit more complicated to gather for those that HADN'T seen it. Sound like the DVD version is the "canon" one to the series then?

Chocolate man!

Quote from: DazAvP01 on Dec 18, 2007, 12:53:25 PM

Cool thanks. But wouldn't you need to have shown the mothership in the theatrical version for those "casual fans" who saw the last one? But then I guess the mothership-to-scoutship maybe a bit more complicated to gather for those that HADN'T seen it. Sound like the DVD version is the "canon" one to the series then?

I think that people who had not seen the 1st one would have just as much chance of understanding the mothership version as they would the scout ship version.  I've got to tell you Colin, even though I think that this movie is going to be awsome, I don't know what you were thinking starting it out on a scout ship.  :-\

Docta Jekyll

Thanks for that Colin...now I understand

Chocolate man!

There's still one thing I don't get, was there a swap out?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed