1 Clawed Aliens in AVP2

Started by FACEBOX, Mar 29, 2007, 02:34:22 PM

Author
1 Clawed Aliens in AVP2 (Read 17,949 times)

Newsfop

Newsfop

I don't have to check a single thing. I already know from you what I needed. I'm not going to waste any more time trying to fish. You've shown just how belligerent and narrow-minded you are.

If you're all for looking stuff up, take a look here. http://m-w.com/dictionary/sarcasm

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: Newsfop on Mar 31, 2007, 05:02:05 PM
I don't have to check a single thing. I already know from you what I needed. I'm not going to waste any more time trying to fish. You've shown just how belligerent and narrow-minded you are.

If you're all for looking stuff up, take a look here. http://m-w.com/dictionary/sarcasm

I apologise there, Newsfop...I mislooked the rooleyes icon there...

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Well......the only reason I think they have 1 finger is for the ease of manipulation.

It's probably hard as hell for Woodruff to controll 3 fingers let alone 1, so my guess is that they use 1 finger in practical shots, and then they add the extra 2 fingers in post production.

Or it could be the result of a weird facehugging, who knows what kind of animals a facehugger could impregnate in Canada.

SiL

SiL

Considering the fingers of the Alien are his own fingers in gloves, I don't see what would be so hard abou 'operating' them.

Newsfop

Newsfop

Maybe it's a deer burster?  :D

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Newsfop on Apr 01, 2007, 01:43:13 PM
Maybe it's a deer burster?  :D
No, you have to look very closly, the Alien has more than one finger in the pic, the fingers are just contigued, like in the original Alien movie.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Ok, some people say 1, others say 2, and I say we just wait and find out!

silentnight

silentnight

Ok this is in reference to the picture shown at the top of this thread now, not the said stolen alien suit.

When I first seen the picture on the gallery part of this site the first idea came to my head that hang on, they look abit odd, highly reflectant to light too much so,( I use adobe alot as i do digtl rework on photographs for modelling shoots everday for my buisness) even if there is some form of spot light before them look very carefully at the surface of detail on the pred and the alien. it's plastic, hard moulder platsic done on many f the figures from tod mc farline. Find his movie maniacs site for horro figures etc and look at the pre production photo stes he's done for the figures when they are comming out. They look EXACTLY like this picture. the predator shown in this picture is a figure from the predator 2 series. And the alien looks an awefull like the 12 inch version they released a year or so back. The only thing that throws me are the hands of the alien. but after all a very talented person studying film etc can have altered these figures slightly, and alike to the false pictures and trailers that appear for many anticipated films, this is another carefully done (to a point) fake.

Also look at the laser sight eminating for the preds helm, the three lines don't line up with the actuall emitter. And then once it's made to seem like hitting the aliens head, the reflected dots of light on the alien head rise higher than the traditional targeting triangle. And it's common knowladge thatany laser sights don't have "splash"light reflectant. The only light you would see on the aliens head from that pred shoulder cannon marker would be the trianle. The film makers would not be that sloppy.

The film makers also would not release a still with such harsh refletant light either. Look at the thing, it's not a movie still. there's no soft production of the film, the picture isn't even composed professionally in the throws of action, the charicters would be moving if this was a still, you would not be able to make out every singl;e detail so clearly, even in hi def films movement still gives some amount of blur. The picture has no atmosphere, in any movie still of any of the alien or pred films before this even avp, look at all the stills, has any one of them ever shown such spot light precise harshness to two subjects on screen??? it's far far FAR to precise and in focus.

AFter all this I admit I was suprised to see that someone said the directors have "confirmed" this picture to be genuine, okay show me where. As the dirctors to my knowladge are the strause brothers. And i haven't seen any any comments by them on my trawl around the net. The source is always said to be the german site. Which I have visiteds today and the picture, for the moment won't show, maybe it won't show again and be removed, i wonder why?

If however I am completely and utterly wrong. With proof I will submit and appologise.

But at the moment working on millions of photos myslef, being a hudge film buff (and even bigger fan of the aliens & predator films and comics), and being a massive collector of figures, and a fan of tod mc farlines figures, and his great figure promotion pictures....I have problems with this picture.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

it has been confirmed by the directors in the IMDb AVP2 forum

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: silentnight on Apr 11, 2007, 11:11:17 AM
Ok this is in reference to the picture shown at the top of this thread now, not the said stolen alien suit.

When I first seen the picture on the gallery part of this site the first idea came to my head that hang on, they look abit odd, highly reflectant to light too much so,( I use adobe alot as i do digtl rework on photographs for modelling shoots everday for my buisness) even if there is some form of spot light before them look very carefully at the surface of detail on the pred and the alien. it's plastic, hard moulder platsic done on many f the figures from tod mc farline. Find his movie maniacs site for horro figures etc and look at the pre production photo stes he's done for the figures when they are comming out. They look EXACTLY like this picture. the predator shown in this picture is a figure from the predator 2 series. And the alien looks an awefull like the 12 inch version they released a year or so back. The only thing that throws me are the hands of the alien. but after all a very talented person studying film etc can have altered these figures slightly, and alike to the false pictures and trailers that appear for many anticipated films, this is another carefully done (to a point) fake.

Also look at the laser sight eminating for the preds helm, the three lines don't line up with the actuall emitter. And then once it's made to seem like hitting the aliens head, the reflected dots of light on the alien head rise higher than the traditional targeting triangle. And it's common knowladge thatany laser sights don't have "splash"light reflectant. The only light you would see on the aliens head from that pred shoulder cannon marker would be the trianle. The film makers would not be that sloppy.

The film makers also would not release a still with such harsh refletant light either. Look at the thing, it's not a movie still. there's no soft production of the film, the picture isn't even composed professionally in the throws of action, the charicters would be moving if this was a still, you would not be able to make out every singl;e detail so clearly, even in hi def films movement still gives some amount of blur. The picture has no atmosphere, in any movie still of any of the alien or pred films before this even avp, look at all the stills, has any one of them ever shown such spot light precise harshness to two subjects on screen??? it's far far FAR to precise and in focus.

AFter all this I admit I was suprised to see that someone said the directors have "confirmed" this picture to be genuine, okay show me where. As the dirctors to my knowladge are the strause brothers. And i haven't seen any any comments by them on my trawl around the net. The source is always said to be the german site. Which I have visiteds today and the picture, for the moment won't show, maybe it won't show again and be removed, i wonder why?

If however I am completely and utterly wrong. With proof I will submit and appologise.

But at the moment working on millions of photos myslef, being a hudge film buff (and even bigger fan of the aliens & predator films and comics), and being a massive collector of figures, and a fan of tod mc farlines figures, and his great figure promotion pictures....I have problems with this picture.

SilentNight, first of all...uau...I have to say you got me there wondering for a little while... But you know that promotional photos usually are more sharp, detailed and manipulated than an actual screenshot... The setting behind the two 'figures', as you put it, is the sewer system... notice the water reflection at the bottom center of the pic... Also, you and I don't know if the laser beam isn't added in post-production or 'digitally added' to the picture... I never though about it, but i thank you for captivating my attention to this... I am not saying the picture is not manipulated, but then again, all promotional photos are... the lighting is not the lighting of the movie...You have surely seen deleted scenes that never made the final cut, which have different screen filters (namely NONE) than the final movie... This looks pretty much a promotional photo (not Still) to me...but ya got me wonderin' in here...

;)  

silentnight

silentnight

even with all the valid points you have made. the light there on that picture, is far too vivid. And even after filters it would take too much work to darken and alter. if this is the first image they have released, it would better don't you think?

And as I said, the lazer light added afterwards (which of course is understandable), it wouldn't look so out of place, and the reflectant bright red dots on the aliens head wouldn't exist becuase thats not how projected red dot like sights work. Again their light doesn't refract and splash it simply widens.

put aother way the area of affect on the aliens head wouldn't spread that far from the three lines. And that's the rules of light projection you can learn in science in school. The guys doing this film(strause brothers) wouldn't find that acceptable, nor would such an amature be employed.

Honest the lazer sight projection confirms it.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: silentnight on Apr 11, 2007, 11:46:46 AM
even with all the valid points you have made. the light there on that picture, is far too vivid. And even after filters it would take too much work to darken and alter. if this is the first image they have released, it would better don't you think?

And as I said, the lazer light added afterwards (which of course is understandable), it wouldn't look so out of place, and the reflectant bright red dots on the aliens head wouldn't exist becuase thats not how projected red dot like sights work. Again their light doesn't refract and splash it simply widens.

put aother way the area of affect on the aliens head wouldn't spread that far from the three lines. And that's the rules of light projection you can learn in science in school. The guys doing this film(strause brothers) wouldn't find that acceptable, nor would such an amature be employed.

Honest the lazer sight projection confirms it.

To be honest, maybe they are just bad and made a mistake... Who knows... but a lot of sources state that the Strauses have confirmed this as a legit promo photo... but I get your predicament...You surely remember, in AVP, the green laser dot reflecting on the gun when Verheiden discovers Connor's G-36... It reflected like a beam, not a shadow...and that, I think, was a realtime effect, not a VFX... So I concur with your statement...hey, I am virtually the only one stating that the Strauses are too new to the job, age and experience-wise, so...

You're right, it is rubbish...If only this were the only problem in this movie, I would not think about it much... But adding this to a whole lot else, then we have ourselves a ball game...

Cheers...

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Silentnight, the fact that you can look at that picture and claim that it is some McFarlane figures posed for a photo destroys any theoretical credibility you may have had.

I wouldn't even know where to start in mocking your 'conclusions'.

Vader the White

Vader the White

Quote from: silentnight on Apr 11, 2007, 11:11:17 AM

Dude, the photo has been confirmed by the directors. That proves that this photo is real.

Danger Close

Danger Close

I don't know about it being figures, but I have thought all along that the directors are faking us out. Trying to give us all a surprise when the movie comes out. Good for them, i want a surprise. I agree that this photo is faked, by the directors. About the laser... didn't the directors confirm that thier Pred had a real laser, and not added digital effects.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed