Arm-/-Face Melting

Started by dDave, Dec 12, 2007, 04:38:37 PM

Author
Arm-/-Face Melting (Read 6,629 times)

dDave

dDave

In the new clip we saw what facehugger blood could cause...
i was very impressed by that... good job colin  ;D... i wasnt exspecting that in that scene...

will this happen to the guy in the store, too? or is warrior blood less effective then facehugger blood?

the reason could be that facehugger are 100% aliens and warrior and predalien etc. are hybrids, so the acid could be less effective because of the mixture with the other dna/blood...

mmmh what you think about that....

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

I'm kinda guessing that the facehugger's blood is more potent than the warrior's. The facehugger has no lines of defense at all, so it would make sense if it had a superior potency to the adult alien.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Why should a facehugger have more potent blood? Why can't ALL the Aliens have that same potency? It would only benefit them.

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

Because the adult alien can hold its own. The facehugger is a completely seperate organism, and it doesn't transfer its traits to the alien embryo. If it has a different level of acidity, thats the only thing that makes sense.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Evolution screwed the adult aliens over.

Master

Master

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 12, 2007, 04:58:54 PM
Evolution screwed the adult aliens over.
Rather Space Jockey or other exterrisial race that made them.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Again, if a facehugger has extra potent acid blood, why not the adults? Evolutionary, it makes no sense.

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 12, 2007, 05:02:40 PM
Again, if a facehugger has extra potent acid blood, why not the adults? Evolutionary, it makes no sense.

Well, they are aliens;)

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

Like I said, I think its just a defense mechanism. The facehugger would be defenseless without it, and I think it only fair that the most needed part of the life cycle be able to one up the adult in one department.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

But like I already pointed out in another thread yesterday, adult acid blood is just as effective, as scene in A:R were it melts through multiple decks of the Auriga.

TheAncientEnemy

TheAncientEnemy

Quote from: Foundationman2 on Dec 12, 2007, 04:40:36 PM
I'm kinda guessing that the facehugger's blood is more potent than the warrior's. The facehugger has no lines of defense at all, so it would make sense if it had a superior potency to the adult alien.

We have nothing to support this claim though.

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

Well, I haven't seen any facehuggers killing people, besides what they do to them. If they had any defenses, they would have used them against Ripley in aliens when she tried to pry it away from her.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Dec 12, 2007, 05:09:57 PM
Quote from: Foundationman2 on Dec 12, 2007, 04:40:36 PM

We have nothing to support this claim though.

That's what I've been saying. All four Alien films demonstrated that Alien blood follows that patterns of molecular acid, which reacts quicker and more violent with metallic substances than flesh. When it hits metal, like the floor of Medlab in the Nostromo, it eats through multiple floors. But when it hits flesh, like Drake or Christie, it burns them severely, but dies down much quicker because flesh does have the same reaction with acid as metal does.

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

But in the alien movies, we never see Facehugger blood getting on anyone.

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

Quote from: Foundationman2 on Dec 12, 2007, 05:22:04 PM
But in the alien movies, we never see Facehugger blood getting on anyone.

You are right, but in Alien we did get to see what the blood of a facehugger did to the interior of the ship from a small cut, as ASH says in the film, "just above the knuckle". It melted through a few decks on that ship.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed