660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 460,361 times)

Alien13

Alien13

For me it's the Alien and it's not even close. This is a creature that can kill in many different ways and it somewhat toys with its victims. You don't know if your going to be head-bitten, dragged away to be coccooned or facehugged for an actual host to another Alien. They adapt extremely well to their environment and take on the characteristics of their host. As someone said in an earlier post this is the type creature that you can see existing elsewhere in the universe. But I do love the predators also. Just more of a fan of the Alien because of the pure scare and horror of them. In my opinion the greatest movie monster in history.

Shaun

Shaun

The Alien

I admire it's purity

Stompy the Perfect Xeno

Stompy the Perfect Xeno

The Alien

It's more mysterious. Intelligent Animal or savage "human"? The Predator is just a savage "human".
It also has the cooler looks. Big "cheetah" or " big "ape"? I prefer the "big cheetah".

andreaNZ

andreaNZ

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 26, 2007, 11:37:05 PM
Predators for me simply because:

I grew up looking up to these guys as heroes.

These guys are physically strong and fast.

Technologically advanced.

-Rakai'Thwei

Thy're my heroes too, i was a fan before I even saw the design at all I loved it from a writeup at the end of fangoria magazine maybe may/june ussue 87 said something like we have news of new film with arnold shwarzenegegr in a film from a  story called hunter. aboiut a bunch of soldiers stalked by an extertesstrial hunter. it was love at first read.
Back to the vot, I didnt vote for either beacause I love them bothy as different movie characters that are freaking awesome !! I love em bot th but I have different love for Predators, scary or not id sooner clash with a predator than an Alien ANY DAY! omg fkn death that lasts a few seconds of agony vs how long does it take for you do die from a chestburster??? haha def no thinking about that one lol!

PS you scould put a third option of both??? Id have voted that!

Fleshwound

Fleshwound

Alien

I always liked the weirdness of it. They are in a way more complex and distinctly dangerous than the Predator is but I like them both, even despite the past several entries into both franchises being disappointing.

brain_damage

brain_damage

Quote from: Shaun on May 27, 2018, 11:44:39 PM
The Alien

I admire it's purity
I applaud the simplistic explanation.

Mrs.Majesty

Mrs.Majesty

My vote for Predator.

They are cool professional hunters. They do not just kill their prey like regular hunters. They have hundreds of interesting ways to kill their prey. I read in novels and saw many types of weapons in comics. It's amazing! For them, hunting is an art, it is their craft. I also like their looks and design of their    
outfits. Especially the fishnet. This is just a brilliant design element. Praise to the predators designers.

Kradan

Kradan

Alien. Because if Predator reflects some aspects of human culture (obviusly, hunting) then Alien doesn't have any type of human-likish elements in it's behaviour and that is true "Alien" for me.

rafaelgg

rafaelgg

I preffer The Alien because the movies at leat on the first years of the franchise life, were more ambitious, on the other side Predators flick since the first one always tried to be just "simple" B-movies with higher budget.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

WE HAVE A WINNER!!! ;D

Huggs

Huggs

The new predator movie just resulted in a member surge.

The next alien movie will put alien on top again in votes.

;D

Samhain13

Samhain13

I don't think in all those years I ever saw Predators get ahead of Aliens on this poll before.

Huggs

Huggs

It didn't. It's because a new predator movie was released and new folks chimed in.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Well I'll enjoy it for as long as it lasts then!  ;D

lost dragon

lost dragon

Alien for myself.

Predator a little too reliant on technology (and i still have major hang ups with fact they've been staging Xeno hunts for hundreds of years, have access to Xeno blood resistant materials, yet still don't fashion things like wrist blades out of said materials..).

For all the talk of code of honour. ..even with out the high tech gear, they are bigger, faster,  stronger than humans, yet kill from a distance whilst cloaked far too often.

I'm drawn to the Alien because as a species it's engineered to survive in pretty much any environment it finds itself in.

Very brief maturity cycle...from chest burster to fully grown within matter of hours, it's reproductive cycle isn't restricted to trying to find a suitable mate and it takes characteristics from a host.

It's not driven by any other motive than to survive and reproduce.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed