Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures

Started by DoomRulz, Jul 10, 2008, 12:17:08 AM

Author
Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures (Read 280,221 times)

Master Chief

The Triceratops is still my favorite from when I was a kid.  The three horns, size and look are what do it for me.  I've always wondered how the famous battle between it and the T-Rex would've played out.

Iron Hide

Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 10, 2008, 03:39:18 PM
The Triceratops is still my favorite from when I was a kid.  The three horns, size and look are what do it for me.  I've always wondered how the famous battle between it and the T-Rex would've played out.

XD

Master Chief

haha!  Only you.  Surely, this would've been the outcome if the Rex had got the positioning.  Head on, I think it would've been a different story.

Purebreedalien

I used to be really interested in Dinos but now I'm less enthusiastic.

Huol

My favourite was always the Triceratops.

Seeing one at the natural history museum did it.

Alien³

So does everyone agree that they were wiped out by a meteorite and the few that managed to survived died of malnutrition due to lack of food.

Dachande

No, because that wouldnt explain why all other species on earth survived.

Alien³

Quote from: Dachande on Jul 10, 2008, 10:03:40 PM
No, because that wouldnt explain why all other species on earth survived.

Well most of the creatures that did survive we're simple like sharks crocodiles dung beetles cockroaches etc

Dachande

Dachande

The Majority of Mammals survived, with only a few going extinct, which would mean, there is still a large food source available, and even if there was a lack of food, that wouldnt explain why the Herbivores and Omnivores went extinct.

Without any dinosaur DNA, we have no idea why they went extinct, whether it was something that was effected within their genes, we have no way of knowing, and to be honest, i prefer it that way, it still preserves the mystery around them.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 10, 2008, 03:39:18 PM

Download the documentary The Truth About Killer Dinosaurs and you'll find out ;) It's an awesome watch!!

Quote from: Dachande on Jul 10, 2008, 10:33:22 PM
The Majority of Mammals survived, with only a few going extinct, which would mean, there is still a large food source available, and even if there was a lack of food, that wouldnt explain why the Herbivores and Omnivores went extinct.

Without any dinosaur DNA, we have no idea why they went extinct, whether it was something that was effected within their genes, we have no way of knowing, and to be honest, i prefer it that way, it still preserves the mystery around them.

Mammals were able to adapt which allowed them to survive; dinosaurs couldn't.

Dachande

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 10, 2008, 10:38:09 PM
Quote from: Dachande on Jul 10, 2008, 10:33:22 PM

Mammals were able to adapt which allowed them to survive; dinosaurs couldn't.

Except the Dinosaurs could adapt, considering they were around for 160 million years, and went through an extinction period between the Triassic and Jurassic periods, they came out unscathed, Meteor impacts would of only had an effect for around 10 years, and the fossil record shows that at the dates of major impacts, dinosaurs were around after the 10 years.

I'm not disputing that the Meteors didnt have an effect, its clear that they did, however with the species that did survive, such as the mammals and fish, crocodiles and sharks, i just have to question whether it was a fact of them being 'unable to adapt'. If you look at a the dinosaurs that could fly, the small ones, they would have essentially the same diet as birds, eating small lizards, bugs, etc. Yet they went extinct and a number of modern day birds that were alive in that period didnt. Even with the big dinosaurs, plenty of fish survived, yet the fish eaters similar to Baronyx, and Spinosaurus (Although these were extinct at the beginning of the cretaceous) they died out, so its clearly not the food source, for some, and the effects of Impact would be minimal, for a large area outside the crater.

TBH, im just blabbering now, although there is no clear reason why the Dinosaurs did go extinct :P

maledoro

Some of my faves are the Tiktaalik, the Thrinaxodon, and the Archaeopteryx.

Huol

Quote from: maledoro on Jul 11, 2008, 12:47:54 AM
Some of my faves are the Tiktaalik, the Archaeopteryx.

You silly twat.
Those aren't dinosaurs.  ;D

maledoro

I was seeing if anyone would actually click on the links...
;)

Huol

I only had to for two of them.

Everyone and their mums knows Archaeopteryx.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed