The Predator Set Reports

Started by ace3g, Apr 07, 2018, 02:54:30 PM

Author
The Predator Set Reports (Read 47,385 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on May 23, 2018, 03:50:21 AM
Whoops, got Alice's character name from I am Legend confused with the one from Predators. I meant Isabelle, not Anna. Boy, you can tell which one of the two I just watched.

Though, to be fair, Anna in Predator was quite familiar with the legend of the "Demon who makes Trophies of Man."

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think the events of the original are likely to be some sort of not-so-secret-secret. Isabelle in Predators knew about it.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2018, 07:45:10 AM
I think the events of the original are likely to be some sort of not-so-secret-secret. Isabelle in Predators knew about it.
It was kind of indicated that some government officials are quite in the know and some agencies where familiar with the information indeed.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on May 23, 2018, 03:21:52 AM
If Anna knew about it, makes sense that others will.

True, just really curious

Obviously he is Dutch's son...

I thought about this awhile ago, but didn't read that anywhere in the leaked script that I remember
I read through it really fast

You are correct. That would just be beyond excessive...

I think enough has happened in the previous movies and artifacts have been left lying around to assume that the right people know enough about what's going on. Not a secret, but not something that the general public knows about. I imagine the latter part will probably change after this movie.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

City Hunter left so much shit lying around.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 24, 2018, 05:27:21 PM
City Hunter left so much shit lying around.
And half an arm.

black

black

It will be very stupid on the part of Shane not to take this into account but the chances are small ... I hope the film will still showcase the things of the City Hunter.

ace3g

ace3g

Why Shane Black Decided To Direct The Predator

Director Shane Black opened up to CinemaBlend and other outlets and explained that a significant draw to work on the film involved working with an alien creature who had a discernable personality. Black elaborated:

QuoteNo, I just thought that it was a great, iconic alien. And, what separated it from other alien invasion movies wasn't just a space plot, it was an actual space creature with a mythos and a sense of honor, in some respect. A mission. And, a sense of humor, oddly. The idea of the game it plays. It's rare that the Predator shows humor, but there are moments where you see it almost look at someone like, 'Really?'

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2425421/why-shane-black-decided-to-direct-the-predator

PredBabe

PredBabe

QuoteThere are moments where you see it almost look at someone like, "Really?"

I think we'll be seeing more of those expressions, I can't wait!  ;D

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: PredBabe on May 26, 2018, 02:49:33 AM
QuoteThere are moments where you see it almost look at someone like, "Really?"

I think we'll be seeing more of those expressions, I can't wait!  ;D

Very true, like when jungle hunter look at the trap and then look at dutch, or when city hunter realizes he's being fooled by keye's team when changing his vision modes.

Wysps

Wysps

Hoping we'll get more vocalizations along with those expressions.  Maybe even a "conversation" of sorts between some of them...hell even just a few words.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Wysps on May 26, 2018, 04:09:54 PM
Hoping we'll get more vocalizations along with those expressions.  Maybe even a "conversation" of sorts between some of them...hell even just a few words.

Spoiler
I think the friendly preds have a translator of some kind to communicate with people. It would be neat to see the preds vocalize with each other, which seems to be a good possibility given all that is going on with the story.[\spoiler]
[close]

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: PredBabe on May 27, 2018, 04:34:12 AM
Spoiler
I think the friendly preds have a translator of some kind to communicate with people. It would be neat to see the preds vocalize with each other, which seems to be a good possibility given all that is going on with the story.[\spoiler]
[close]
Spoiler
Not the friendly Predators have it. The military has the translator in order to communicate with the 2 friendly Predators.
Anyway, they do not say complete, full sentences, only words and with slightly bad grammer.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Not a real big spoiler don't worry, but i'll put the spoiler tag anyway  :D

Spoiler
The upgrade has a little "chat" with McKenna, and i thought it was kinda cool, but it's possible they scrapped it because it was in the third act
[close]

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 27, 2018, 12:58:53 PM
Spoiler
The upgrade has a little "chat" with McKenna, and i thought it was kinda cool, but it's possible they scrapped it because it was in the third act
[close]

Spoiler
Yes, but the Upgrade says words only, as the friendlies.

McKenna: Who are you? What are you?
Upgrade: I...Warrior. You?
M: Same.
U: Warrior. New breed (pointing to Rory).

What a "chat"! ;D Anyway, that's OK, I think. I don't want grammer-perfect deep conversations between a human and a Predator.

But I think they did not scrap that part. Actually it is the reveal of the film's top "surprise" when it turns out that Rory is the most "advanced" of the human race (I know it can be found out earlier when the Upgrade takes Rory to the ship...but this is the moment when the film clearly tells).
No way this is left out from the final version of the script.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed