Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.4%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.6%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
68 (15.4%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
25 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 438

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 316,861 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I use the tv screen maybe two or three times a year, so investing in a player or discs has never been worth it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Pretty wild, to think that as we enter into 2022 now, we are about to reach Prometheus' tenth anniversary.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

*Existential screaming*

Evanus

Evanus

Gimme extended cut.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I feel like it would've happened by now if we were gonna get it.

Plus, didn't Fox already ask Ridley to do one and he told them to... well, do one?

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 04, 2022, 10:27:19 AM
I feel like it would've happened by now if we were gonna get it.

Assembly Cut if Alien 3 begs to differ

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Alien 3 is a very different situation. There is no "Director's Cut" of that film in any state, and the Assembly Cut was part of a big push to sell a box set back when mainstream audiences actually cared about things like box sets and special features.

If Ridley wants an alternate cut of Prometheus, he has (well, had, pre-Disney) the pull to do it. He likes the theatrical release. Bless you, Ridley, but uhh, even most of the alt. takes that were actually included on the disc were better than what we got in the final film. :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 04, 2022, 01:14:59 PMAssembly Cut if Alien 3 begs to differ

As Nightmare says, Alien 3 was a totally different situation. That was a film taken out of the director's hands and drastically altered by the studio in post. By all accounts the theatrical cut of Prometheus is very much the film Ridley wanted to put out. Like I mentioned, I'm pretty sure it was reported around the time of its home video release that the studio actually asked Ridley to keep the Alien alternate cut ball rolling and put one together for Prometheus, but he didn't want to.

Do I want and extended/alternate cut of the film? Yes. Again, as a nightmare says, I feel like a bunch of the deleted scenes would substantially improve the movie. But I doubt we'll ever get it outside of fan edits.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Saw part of Prometheus on cable the day before yesterday. After all these years it still seems like its own separate universe..yup

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 09, 2022, 09:30:33 PM
Saw part of Prometheus on cable the day before yesterday. After all these years it still seems like its own separate universe..yup

I actually feel the same way about both of them, Prometheus and Covenant.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 10, 2022, 03:14:11 PM

I wish i could say something like.."meanwhile in the original parallel universe...none of Ridley's madness happened!" :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

What a terrible parallel universe that would be

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And here I am thinking the visual language very much keeps them feeling in the same universe, as well as elements of the stories within.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 10, 2022, 03:46:58 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 10, 2022, 03:14:11 PM

I wish i could say something like.."meanwhile in the original parallel universe...none of Ridley's madness happened!" :laugh:

I wouldn't mind that. Two timelines to play in. I do understand the madness that would ensue within the common folk. But then again, perhaps I'm not giving them enough credit. General audiences seemed to grasp "Joker" well enough.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I can't think of a time retconning an entry out's helped anything. The replacement's pretty much always embarrassing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed