The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 63,530 times)

Born Of Cold Light

I'm just about done constructing my Khorne daemon army, and am also putting together a Thousand Sons/Tzeentch daemon army (I still need to buy a Helbrute when I have the money).  I'm also currently reading the Ahriman Omnibus which I would highly recommend for someone who like Chaos.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I finished some reinforcements for my Necron kill team, Lefty and Righty:

Vertigo

Vertigo

Noice! I particularly like the rust effect.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Finished reading Flight of the Eisenstein not too long ago. Plan on reading Fulgrim next. What should I read afterwords though?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Do you want to read more about the Horus Heresy or "current" events?  I quite enjoyed Dark Imperium.

Born Of Cold Light

After Fulgrim, you can pretty much jump around as you like, as the narrative largely stops being linear.  I personally would recommend First Heretic as it goes into real origins of the Heresy and who fell to Chaos first.

As to my armies, as soon as my Bloodthrone is completed, my Khorne daemon army will be done.  I just ordered a Contemptor Dreadnought for my Thousand Sons arm and will make it Hellforged.  For weapons, I think that I'll use two chainfists for melee and two butcher's cannons or soulburners for my firepower.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

I want to continue with the Horus Heresy. I'm quite interested in Magnus and I also need to know how the confrontation between Horus and the Emperor goes down. But which books cover the main events that chronologically come after the bombing of Istvaan III. First Heretic sounds like a must read also.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I just finished First Heretic a few weeks ago.  Loved it.  I also like the Angron novels.  The World Eaters are fascinating.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 09, 2019, 04:01:37 AM
I just finished First Heretic a few weeks ago.  Loved it.  I also like the Angron novels.  The World Eaters are fascinating.

First Heretic was great.  I loved the idea of full possessed Chaos Space Marines commanding a ship, and hope we see it again some time.

Has anyone here checked out the previews for the new Shadow Spear box?  There's a bunch of new Primaris, a new Daemon Engine, a sorcerer called the Lord of Possession, new CSM and probably some other stuff.  Also, the Abbadon model itself has been teased and it looks amazing.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 11, 2019, 06:44:12 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 09, 2019, 04:01:37 AM

First Heretic was great.  I loved the idea of full possessed Chaos Space Marines commanding a ship, and hope we see it again some time.

I used to think the Word Bearers sucked until I read that novel.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm working my way through 'The World Engine', which features the most ridiculous Space Marine last stand in 40k history, a battle so goddamn ridiculous it got mentioned in four separate 5th Edition Codexes.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I just finished The Armour of Fate and now I'm starting on Dark Imperium: Plague War.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

I'm planning to get back into 40k this summer once I've got some free time, stupidly gave it up in High School.  Stumbled across the Astartes clips on youtube, and the animated Helsreach and it rekindled my interest.  Any pointers for where to start, as I'm guessing things have changed in seventeen years. 

Side note.  I'm also addicted to this series

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

When you say "where to start", do you mean in terms of playing the tabletop game, or the lore, or...?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, 40k is an IP with many different rabbit holes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed