JayHy17

Watching that actually makes me kinda sad  :'(

Sr.Fox

Sr.Fox

Why?... I wanted an Alien RPG...Why?!  :'(

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: Brother on Jan 10, 2010, 11:47:24 AM
Um..early build? Yeas away from the final product. This has potential.

HAD Potential.. shame its as dead as Elvis... looks like my kind of game, i love RPGS and i love Aliens, imho i would have rather had this than A:CM but thats just me.

Brother

Brother

Has, there is a possibility for someone to get it done, in the future.

predator elite

predator elite

Quote from: Brother on Jan 10, 2010, 01:26:47 PM
Has, there is a possibility for someone to get it done, in the future.

yeah maybe if avp and A:cm do well enough they might put it back into production

tigerija

tigerija

Only if the gameplay would be faster :D but its quite ok. Could be dark and scary.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The gameplay reminds me of Mass Effect, and the game looked great too.

Vemados

Vemados

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 10, 2010, 05:34:12 PM
The gameplay reminds me of Mass Effect, and the game looked great too.

Yeah that's the first thing that came to mind when they started shooting. It looks like it plays very similar to Mass Effect and that's what I was hoping for when I first heard about the Alien RPG. It's a shame that they canceled this; like everybody else said, it had loads of potential.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That looked like it could have been a very good game. It's a shame.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Well I hope someone brings the project back to life, if AVP3 does well then the chances of this happeing again might be hopeful. I think this game would have been like Fallout 3 but in space.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I was thinking more like Mass Effect, but with Aliens.

JayHy17

JayHy17

Could another developer or publisher actually resurect the RPG? The game was in development for a long time... or maybe Obsidian could just finish it... Is there an actuall possibilty? Has that been done before? You know all of us would buy it.

Sifer2

Sifer2

Doesn't look that good to me. I don't think the Aliens concept gives you enough variety to make a typically 30 to 60 hour RPG experience worthwhile. I suspect SEGA cancelled it since compared to Colonial Marines an AvP this game was the obvious runt of the litter. Maybe they didn't have the budget for three.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: JayHy17 on Jan 10, 2010, 10:31:44 PM
Could another developer or publisher actually resurect the RPG? The game was in development for a long time... or maybe Obsidian could just finish it... Is there an actuall possibilty? Has that been done before? You know all of us would buy it.

It can't be resurrected by other studio because of the game engine. I believe those are the first images of the Onyx engine as well which is exclusive to them. There's always a chance of course, but it's very, very unlikely.

predalien27

predalien27

As everyone already mentioned, it is a damn shame this was cancelled.  It seems to be like Dead Space to me, but if they actually went through with it, then it probably would have been a lot deeper.
As for me, I'm going to watch this vid until it disappears.  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed