How ‘Alien’ Series Pays Homage To 1979 Ridley Scott Movie

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jun 06, 2024, 10:46:06 AM

Author
How ‘Alien’ Series Pays Homage To 1979 Ridley Scott Movie (Read 4,325 times)

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

I mean they came out and said that the TV show would disregard David being the creator in favour of the alien being ancient... so I'm not so sure the Weyland Yutani logo on the ship is a concept art error... it could well be that Prometheus and Covenant simply don't exist/didn't happen full stop, and in the tv show's timeline, WeYu have been a merged corporation a lot longer.

What I do find interesting is the fact they want to disregard Ridley's prequels to focus on androids... when Ridley's prequels heavily focused on androids. 🤣

We all know this is going to end with a quarantined Prodigy City being wiped off the map like Raccoon City to explain why nobody knows about the alien. 😂 Instead of nuking the city, the protagonists are going to detonate the engines of the crashed ship. (Calling it).

GrimmVision

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 11, 2024, 07:32:20 AMLegion is another franchise that has an inbuilt excuse for diverging continuities thanks to the comic and now live action multiverses. It just works for the topic and feels natural. I wouldn't be able to say the same about Alien.

Is there actually any validity to the theory of time travel, specifically related to the Engineer ships, in what is supposed to be the follow-up to Covenant? I know there was something in Fire and Stone and Life and Death, but were the films going to do that? Or is that a fan-conjured explanation?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: GrimmVision on Jun 11, 2024, 10:33:54 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 11, 2024, 07:32:20 AMLegion is another franchise that has an inbuilt excuse for diverging continuities thanks to the comic and now live action multiverses. It just works for the topic and feels natural. I wouldn't be able to say the same about Alien.

Is there actually any validity to the theory of time travel, specifically related to the Engineer ships, in what is supposed to be the follow-up to Covenant? I know there was something in Fire and Stone and Life and Death, but were the films going to do that? Or is that a fan-conjured explanation?

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 30, 2024, 10:58:53 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 30, 2024, 10:57:00 PM"alternate reality."

We'll get one of those, and through it David will travel back in time and get stranded on LV-426, that way the Derelict and its cargo can be ancient while still retaining David as the one in the chair. Win, win for everyone! ;)

:-*

GrimmVision

While I like the implications of time/inter-dimension travel as part of the Engineer/Space Jockey arsenal, I don't necessarily know that I ever wanna see it play out on screen. Or if it does, it should be utilized by the Engineers/Space Jockeys and only them. But even then, it needs to be executed excruciatingly well.

Nightmare Asylum

(For the record I don't want time travel I just know that baked into that message of mine there's enough going on to piss off like seven different members of the forum and all for different reasons ;))

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jun 11, 2024, 10:23:35 AMI mean they came out and said that the TV show would disregard David being the creator in favour of the alien being ancient... so I'm not so sure the Weyland Yutani logo on the ship is a concept art error... it could well be that Prometheus and Covenant simply don't exist/didn't happen full stop, and in the tv show's timeline, WeYu have been a merged corporation a lot longer.

What I do find interesting is the fact they want to disregard Ridley's prequels to focus on androids... when Ridley's prequels heavily focused on androids. 🤣

We all know this is going to end with a quarantined Prodigy City being wiped off the map like Raccoon City to explain why nobody knows about the alien. 😂 Instead of nuking the city, the protagonists are going to detonate the engines of the crashed ship. (Calling it).

Yeah, Prodigy City will have to be erased from existence in order to not open up some plot holes, but i do like your idea.

It's way better than simply nuking it and could potentially lead to some interesting sequences.

A team has to go on a "suicide mission??" into the depths of the city (and Hive infested sewers) in order to ignite the engines in a last resort.

Also, i don't think Hawley has problems with Androids/AI, but it's more along the lines of him not wanting the xenomorphs to be man/AI made, so it's much easier for him to tell his story (whatever it is), if he simply doesn't connect it to the prequels.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed