AvPGalaxy Interviews Rebellion

Started by Darkness, Jan 09, 2010, 10:00:42 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Interviews Rebellion (Read 12,404 times)

Darkness

Darkness

By now I expect most of you have read our in-depth preview of Aliens vs Predator. As promised I’m now happy to point you towards our interview with the men behind the game:

“The guy who actually wrote the Marines Technical Manual originally worked at Rebellion. He’d left before I started. We certainly take inspiration from there and that’s filtered into the general wider expanded universe. A little bit has come from the needs of the game and the mechanics that we thought we needed to expand the toolsets of each species. We were keen to retain the iconic weaponry that people love from the movies and the games. The smartgun, flame-thrower, shotgun, the pistol. They’re all well represented in the game.”

The interview is three pages and features over an hours worth of interview I did with the staff while on my studio visit. There’s some cool stuff in there. So check it out!. Once again, I’d like to take the opportunity to thank Sega and Rebellion for inviting us down and for giving us the chance to convey all of this to the community. Enjoy guys.

TommyKing5

TommyKing5

But AvP isn't banned in Australia anymore???

Darkness

Darkness

The interview was done early December when Australia had refused to classify it. They changed their minds a few weeks later.

Corporal Hicks

But good burn on the Australian government.

stealth bunny

Hey there Coropral Hicks, there aren't too many people I'm envyous of in this world but your one of them, you sure are a lucky son of a gun getting to play this demo so early, many thanks for the in depth review of your experiance, hope it won't be long before a demo now.

Corporal Hicks

it wasn't the demo, I played the actual game buddy.

stealth bunny

Even better, just hoping we get hunter edition in the uk.

FujiKala

FujiKala

:o   Yep, lucky son of a B**ch!!! How do you get to do these wonderful things. I have literally dreamt of doing this kind of thing.

Joe117

Joe117

Avp xbox gamers add me...NotJoeGallow

Deathly_rYaN

oh yae the fun is even more better now! theres a Weyland Side and a Yutani side. I think the Corporates are back

Jay

Jay

I <3 AVP Galaxy.

Brian A. Vega

Brian A. Vega

well...dam...I dont know about you guys but iam still worried about how the smartgun sounded...I hope they fix it...dam...anyways hit me up on X-BOX LIVE my name on there is M56 SMARTGUNNER...I will see you there...SMARTGUNNERS UNITE...   ???      :'(  

Joe117

Joe117

No I love avpgalaxy!    :P    jk but I do

Bio Mech Hunter

Fan-freak'n-tastic! Hicks, you're one LUCKY son of a b****!!   :D   Awesome stuff, indeed. I can't wait!

EpsilonOrpheon777

corporal hicks: no one seems to have an answer for this. i remember a while back, quite a ways in fact, that it was mentioned that AVP would possibly have multi platform multiplayer. Any word on this or did it get dropped?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed