Filming on Noah Hawley's Alien Series Pushed Back to September 2022

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 29, 2022, 09:02:19 AM

Author
Filming on Noah Hawley's Alien Series Pushed Back to September 2022 (Read 15,751 times)

Local Trouble

I think The Eighth Passenger just got accused of being a bloody yank. :o

Kradan

Gimitko ? Sounds like a bloody Slavic second name to me

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteI think The Eighth Passenger just got accused of being a bloody yank. :o

I feel horribly insulted! I think I need a coop-a-tea.

Quote from: Gimitko on Feb 14, 2022, 12:35:07 PM
this is yankee nonsense, there still isnt any reason to believe there will be any escalation of conflict, and if there is it would prevent them from shooting in only russia and ukraine, the entirety of eastern europe wont become some dangerous warzone
Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Georgia, Greece, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania are all countries they can freely shoot in, the delay doesnt have anything to do with the political situation "there" unless they were planning to shoot in russia or ukraine specifically

That's not how it works. If war breaks out it will have several knock-on effects. Many air-routes over the continent will be closed and Eastern Europe will likely have a massive refugee crisis on it's hands in addition the disruption of fuel and food supplies. There is also the possibility of the war spilling over into neighbouring countries.

Production companies are notoriously skittish, understandable considering that they are probably investing north of $100 million into this. If there is any threat to the stability of the country and it's infrastructure or any potential danger to the crew and cast then they will go and film it elsewhere.

Granted, a few of the countries you mentioned will probably be fine, but as we don't know where they plan to shoot, any further speculation is pointless.

QuoteBelarus, Moldova
Russian troops will be invading from Belarus and Moldova if Putin decides to go to war. It's gonna be a warzone.

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 14, 2022, 06:14:57 PM
QuoteI think The Eighth Passenger just got accused of being a bloody yank. :o

I feel horribly insulted! I think I need a coop-a-tea.

Immortan Jonesy

That dude got the kiss of death.

Corporal Hicks

Kradan

In the light of recent info drops I might even prefer they just cancel it alltogether

SiL

Can that please be an option?

Voodoo Magic

skhellter

wonder what's the budget....

something like Raised by Wolves has a proper budget without having an IP name attached to it so...
i imagine this will be much more expensive.

Nightmare Asylum

Given Disney's reliance on the "Volume" technology in their Star Wars shows, which I believe is also spreading into the Marvel side of things (pretty sure it was used in the upcoming fourth Thor film), I kind of have to wonder if they might utilize that technology on this series as well.

It's a pretty impressive piece of technology, in the way it allows digital set extensions to be explored/framed "in camera" right there in the moment, though in The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett it also often seems to contribute to a pretty flat image a lot of the time, what with the very specific/regimented ways the subjects in front of the screen often have to be lit against it.

Mr. Clemens

Intrigued by the "massive scale" mentioned, but still not terribly excited. I can wait.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Feb 19, 2022, 11:13:49 AM
Can that please be an option?

If they keep pushing it back far enough, maybe it'll be ready in time to cross-promote with your AvP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed