Samurai Predator DLC Now Out!

Started by molasar, Jun 30, 2020, 02:33:16 PM

Author
Samurai Predator DLC Now Out! (Read 3,420 times)

molasar

molasar

Voodoo Magic

Club
Added a disorienting status effect
Final attack in the War Club's combo is now unparriable

FINALLY!!!

After suggesting this a while back in Illfonic's forums, as well as on the podcast, I'd like to believe I was the genesis of this idea!  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Absolutely loving the top-knot dreads! So glad to see that!

GreybackElder

Bruh, samurai predator looks greeaaaattt. Can't wait to use the samurai sword. I can't afford the hot toys version but I can afford 5 bucks for this!!

shadowedge

shadowedge

Dude the Samurai Predator has the Predator 2 flat plasma caster!!! Not the P1 version like everyone else. It also folds into his shoulder case when not in use!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: shadowedge on Jul 01, 2020, 02:07:39 AM
Dude the Samurai Predator has the Predator 2 flat plasma caster!!! Not the P1 version like everyone else. It also folds into his shoulder case when not in use!

I'm not sure it's exactly like the P2 caster?

A little detail but the shoulder cannon gets tucked away when not in use from r/HuntingGrounds

Quote from: GreybackElder on Jul 01, 2020, 01:20:11 AM
Bruh, samurai predator looks greeaaaattt. Can't wait to use the samurai sword. I can't afford the hot toys version but I can afford 5 bucks for this!!

I really liked the reduce price on this one. £4 was pretty sweet.

Kailem

Kailem

I love the look of him, though he kinda plays a bit like "Berserker lite". The katana is awesome though, and very cool that it has different attacks for each trigger. According to the Playstation store listing that'll be going free for everyone on July 17th, so hopefully that's when we might get some other DLC (map please!) released too.

Voodoo Magic

I'm probably in the minority, but after a few runs, while I'm glad I bought the DLC, I'm just not a big fan of the Samurai neither the aesthetic nor the class. So at least for me, usage will be limited.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I know kind of old of bringing this topic but getting my hands on Ghost of Tsushima after seeing how many people favor it and overall just an awesome game to play, it just makes me want a crossover with Predator and even appreciate Samurai Pred more. The release of the game and the release of the Samurai Predator in such a close distance of time I know isn't planned but I can appreciate that coincidental humor.

The Ghost of Tsushima vs The Demon of the Sky, be great for a DLC pack for GOT and maybe a descendant of Jin (name of main character for those who don't know) as a new member of Fireteam with one his ancestor's old wakizashi blade as a close combat DLC weapon. 
Sony, both developers work with you, do something cool with this! ;D

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 03, 2020, 05:02:19 PM
I'm probably in the minority, but after a few runs, while I'm glad I bought the DLC, I'm just not a big fan of the Samurai neither the aesthetic nor the class. So at least for me, usage will be limited.

In one view, it is sort of out of place of a large red armored Predator with samurai influence running around the jungles of central america, and yet I always found the idea of a Samurai Predator entertaining in a meta joking sort of sense in that it seems like even on non human species like Predators will be turned them into weebs after one visit to Japan and and few samples of Japanese culture.  :D

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jul 19, 2020, 02:10:57 AMThe release of the game and the release of the Samurai Predator in such a close distance of time I know isn't planned but I can appreciate that coincidental humor.

My copy of Ghost of Tsushima had a Predator Hunting Grounds insert in the box, so maybe not entirely. Either way I'd love to go full Hanzo and fight a Predator in it. The samurai combat is really good.

But until Sony makes that a reality, at least we'll always have this:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jul 19, 2020, 02:10:57 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 03, 2020, 05:02:19 PM

In one view, it is sort of out of place of a large red armored Predator with samurai influence running around the jungles of central america, and yet I always found the idea of a Samurai Predator entertaining in a meta joking sort of sense in that it seems like even on non human species like Predators will be turned them into weebs after one visit to Japan and and few samples of Japanese culture.  :D

Unless perhaps, it was the Predator who exposed his specific clan culture upon the Japanese long ago, which spawned the Samurai!

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 19, 2020, 03:50:30 AM
Either way I'd love to go full Hanzo and fight a Predator in it. The samurai combat is really good.

Neat idea from a distance, but I'm not sure how that would work successfully in Hunting Grounds. In a Predator: Concrete Jungle II game on the otherhand.......

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 19, 2020, 02:14:02 PM
Either way I'd love to go full Hanzo and fight a Predator in it. The samurai combat is really good.

Neat idea from a distance, but I'm not sure how that would work successfully in Hunting Grounds. In a Predator: Concrete Jungle II game on the otherhand.......

Oh yeah in Hunting Grounds it wouldn't work, but in Ghost of Tsushima it totally could. Just add a crashed Predator ship somewhere on the map and I'm good! ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 19, 2020, 02:26:07 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 19, 2020, 02:14:02 PM

Oh yeah in Hunting Grounds it wouldn't work, but in Ghost of Tsushima it totally could. Just add a crashed Predator ship somewhere on the map and I'm good! ;D

Ha!  That's my cure for every game!  Minecraft?  Just add a crashed Predator ship somewhere on the map and I'm good!  ;D

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jul 19, 2020, 02:10:57 AMThe release of the game and the release of the Samurai Predator in such a close distance of time I know isn't planned but I can appreciate that coincidental humor.

My copy of Ghost of Tsushima had a Predator Hunting Grounds insert in the box, so maybe not entirely. Either way I'd love to go full Hanzo and fight a Predator in it. The samurai combat is really good.

But until Sony makes that a reality, at least we'll always have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsbVTPftcgs
This vid is just one huge ass Predator meme and I love it, dead ass made this day better now that I know this exists hahaha! I guess we know how Samurai Pred be doing things during the times :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed