Alien: Blackout Details Announced

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 07, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout Details Announced (Read 48,916 times)

Alienon

Alienon

Released January 24. Maybe Cold Iron game we will see in February or March?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 07, 2019, 06:16:37 PM
So I nailed it right?  This is like a TellTale Game?  That covers the #Watch and the #Play.

@Hicks - When you said searched for a "barely contained excitement" GIF for this the other day, did you mean to type "barely excited"?  ;D

Read.Play.Watch

awalsh74

awalsh74

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 07, 2019, 06:13:02 PM
I have never seen such a ratio of upvotes/downvotes on Youtube.
This is another disappointment in the franchise.
I am not even sure my phone will support the game.

Better downvote it myself.  Still disgusted with this news

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks to RidgeTop.

bobby brown

I was bummed at first, But now I can appreciate we ARE getting SOMETHING! We still have the other game. I will buy this.

Although a bit silly seeing Amanda back in the exact same scenario again.

Ultramorph

I'll definitely play it, I just hope it's not a micro transaction nightmare. I really still need to try the AVP game, too.

MattFiler

MattFiler

Quote from: bobby brown on Jan 07, 2019, 06:38:44 PM
Although a bit silly seeing Amanda back in the exact same scenario again.

Yeah it literally seems like a rip of Alien: Isolation's survival mode, but you're controlling four AI-driven characters instead of yourself. Even seems to heavily re-use assets from Isolation - models/sounds/animations, just with heavily reduced polygon counts on models.

This game would've had less backlash and seemed more original if the main character wasn't Amanda Ripley. Unless there are story aspects that haven't been shown, it seems like there's no need for her to be in it.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 07, 2019, 06:43:29 PM
I'll definitely play it, I just hope it's not a micro transaction nightmare. I really still need to try the AVP game, too.
Considering it costs $4.99, I'd like to hope it doesn't have micro transactions. Don't really see how they'd fit into what they have shown off.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2019, 06:33:43 PM
So I nailed it right?  This is like a TellTale Game?  That covers the #Watch and the #Play.

@Hicks - When you said searched for a "barely contained excitement" GIF for this the other day, did you mean to type "barely excited"?  ;D

Read.Play.Watch

Wait. So the big part hasn't dropped yet? The #Watch is something else?  Maybe it's an animated web series?  Or an animated series on Netflix like "Castlevania"?

Argh! I'm reading into Hick's post like it's the mural!  :P

Razz

Razz

Yeah...no thanks.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 07, 2019, 07:04:09 PM

Read.Play.Watch

Wait. So the big part hasn't dropped yet? The #Watch is something else?  Maybe it's an animated web series?  Or an animated series on Netflix like "Castlevania"?

If it's Alien/Predator/AVP content I found expecting nothing works best. This way you will never be really disappointed :P

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 07, 2019, 07:07:49 PM

Read.Play.Watch

If it's Alien/Predator/AVP content I found expecting nothing works best. This way you will never be really disappointed :P

Hah!  Sound advice.

MattFiler

Read.Play.Watch

Yeah if you re-watch the Alien: Blackout trailer, at the end it highlights "PLAY", so "WATCH" is definitely for another project. Wasn't there talk of an online series back along? Maybe that has been resurrected secretly.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: MattFiler on Jan 07, 2019, 07:13:30 PM

Read.Play.Watch

Yeah if you re-watch the Alien: Blackout trailer, at the end it highlights "PLAY", so "WATCH" is definitely for another project. Wasn't there talk of an online series back along? Maybe that has been resurrected secretly.

Ah. Good point.

Chainsaw squirrel

Chainsaw squirrel

POINTLESS AS f**k. Alien: Isolation deserves better than this, this is unacceptabaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaL!!!!!!!!

wtf??

wtf??

I love alien and I love mobile. People are already picking holes at a game they haven't even seen yet. Pretty sure isolation took sound effects directly from the sound effects in the original. So what if it's borrowing? This is just history repeating itself. A new thing comes out, about something they claim to love and rather than being happy about it. They chuck mud at it. I for one would love a alien isolation type game I can play on the go. I just hope it's premium and not free to play. Be grateful that we are being spoilt with classic alien games this year. It might not happen again for awhile.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed