Questions For Colin Strause

Started by No Tail, Apr 22, 2007, 04:52:52 PM

Author
Questions For Colin Strause (Read 181,021 times)

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: x-Mandalore-x on Jul 01, 2007, 08:00:07 PM
I have a question, for mr Strause, what type of Movie Camera did you use and do you have any links + screenshots of the camera and info?

;D

I am curious about this as well.  Also curious was it filmed in HD?  Also what aspect ratio, 1:85 or 2:35:1?

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Colin, is it true you guys didn't get a "K-Mart scene" because you couldn't get product placement?

Will we see aliens running through 'streets'?

Is it true theres a scene where Teenagers are in a Car and see an Alien and say "Shoot it in the f*cking head!"

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jul 05, 2007, 06:55:22 PM
Colin, is it true you guys didn't get a "K-Mart scene" because you couldn't get product placement?

Will we see aliens running through 'streets'?

Is it true theres a scene where Teenagers are in a Car and see an Alien and say "Shoot it in the f*cking head!"

WHere are you getting that stuff from? Sounds completely made up.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Heard the first on SuperHero Hype.

Curious about second.

Heard the thirdo n Alien Experience.

Don't say I make things up.

I'm just curious is all, probably not true, but its always good to be sure.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Hey Colin forget my questions, can you Please answer this if you can for my dad this is a question from my dad, hes been a fan of the alien and predator films(saw them all in Theaters) but was dissapointed at AVP he said no one could ever replace Ripley(Lex).

Q: So will the lead character be male or female? If its female, can you at least assure that one of the supporting males is a badass Dutch-type character?

Cryxen

Cryxen

The Alien vs. Predator 2 editorial team modified their existing workflow to integrate with the pipeline at visual effects studio Hydraulx, setting up an Apple Final Cut Pro editing pipeline for the film that relies heavily on AJA's KONA 3 card. Shot on 35mm 3-perf film, the setup allows Hydraulx to cut the film at a 1080i resolution, lay down previews to a D5 deck and go out to an HD deck for studio reviews before finishing the film with a 4K Digital Intermediate scan and film output. The pipeline employs five KONA 3 cards: a projection system, an editor system, a visual effects editor system, a utility system and an assistant system.

This is from the news a while back, hope it helps.

jimmylace

jimmylace

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jul 05, 2007, 11:55:33 PM
Heard the first on SuperHero Hype.

Curious about second.

Heard the thirdo n Alien Experience.

Don't say I make things up.

I'm just curious is all, probably not true, but its always good to be sure.

most of the peeps on SHH havent reallly been following the news on AvP so still have the skeptical view given the first. i doubt that k-mart would a) refuse any advertising b) product placement would come into consideration at the script stage. its just the way the poster worded it.

Darkness

Darkness

Right, I've made the decision this week to close this thread, permanently. It's been fun having this over the past few months. I appreciate Colin taking time out of his busy schedule to answer people's questions. The thread though, has been impossible to moderate and, time and time again we've told people not to go off-topic, or post silly questions, and they do anyway. A few things have happened this week that have just capped it off for me which has led to this.

We may create a new one when the teaser has finally been released at the end of this month but it will certainly be subject to stricter rules and guidelines.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed