Shane Black & Fred Dekker's Early Draft of The Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 31, 2019, 01:03:44 PM

Author
Shane Black & Fred Dekker's Early Draft of The Predator (Read 17,236 times)

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 01, 2019, 06:24:54 AM
And people are allowed to like this. No one gets to insult those who do.

No insult was implied to anyone Hicks.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 01, 2019, 04:17:02 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 01, 2019, 06:24:54 AM
And people are allowed to like this. No one gets to insult those who do.

No insult was implied to anyone Hicks.
[/quote
Not from anyone at Avpgalaxy at least. Lol.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: skhellter on Feb 01, 2019, 03:39:04 PM
It didn't help that the directing and cinematography was... bad and TV-like.

There was a few good directing moments though, along with a few really cool ideas

The Old One

The Old One

For as bad as it looked, I will always be a fan of the blood revealing the Predator's face idea.

It's such a great idea on so many levels.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 01, 2019, 06:58:16 PM
For as bad as it looked, I will always be a fan of the blood revealing the Predator's face idea.

It's such a great idea on so many levels.

Exactly !

The Old One

The Old One

It doesn't just in "literal" terms reveal Fugitive's face, it also reveals his nature he "literally" bathes in human blood.

Which could've been so more effective in a better film.
Perhaps if we gave a shit about who's blood it was.

D88M

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 01, 2019, 01:45:27 AM
Quote from: D88M on Feb 01, 2019, 01:40:49 AM
Quote from: Wombat-Sue on Jan 31, 2019, 07:42:13 PM
It's kind of shocking that this was the script so many people were using to defend The Predator pre release. It's bad, really bad. And man is either Fred Dekker or Shane Black (probably both) really impressed with their own writing.

What an embarrassing piece of trash. For everyone involved, including its defenders.

I wish i could "like" this comment. But there was people defending this? Really? I though the consensus was that the movie was awful right from the script.

Yep.

Spoiler
[close]

Oh man, LMAO, if they think this is a "toxic" forum, when is actually one of the best in every aspect, that person is gonna get a heart attack if goes to a  place like reddit.

AhabPredator

Quote from: D88M on Feb 01, 2019, 07:28:58 PM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 01, 2019, 01:45:27 AM
Quote from: D88M on Feb 01, 2019, 01:40:49 AM
Quote from: Wombat-Sue on Jan 31, 2019, 07:42:13 PM
It's kind of shocking that this was the script so many people were using to defend The Predator pre release. It's bad, really bad. And man is either Fred Dekker or Shane Black (probably both) really impressed with their own writing.

What an embarrassing piece of trash. For everyone involved, including its defenders.

I wish i could "like" this comment. But there was people defending this? Really? I though the consensus was that the movie was awful right from the script.

Yep.

Spoiler
[close]

Oh man, LMAO, if they think this is a "toxic" forum, when is actually one of the best in every aspect, that person is gonna get a heart attack if goes to a  place like reddit.

He took (any) criticism of the movie as a personal attack. Unless you 100% worshipped it, he became militant about the issue. He said he was going to screen write for a movie and that was the last I heard from him before a public meltdown about me posting the article where Decker called fans toxic (without specifying there were ones who weren't). He went absolutely Nuclear.

The Old One

The Old One

Ugh.

KiramidHead

Honestly, part of me wishes Black jut made The Nice Guys vs Predator. *Spine gets ripped out* "That's... that's a lot of blood..." :laugh:

AhabPredator

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 01, 2019, 10:04:35 PM
Honestly, part of me wishes Black jut made The Nice Guys vs Predator. *Spine gets ripped out* "That's... that's a lot of blood..." :laugh:

That's essentially the formula that he did.

Wysps

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 02, 2019, 01:21:40 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 01, 2019, 10:04:35 PM

That's essentially the formula that he did.

I can see it.

(Would have preferred a movie with a Long Kiss Goodnight feel over a Nice Guys feel, but that's just me...)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed