Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders

Started by LastSurvivor92, Apr 12, 2014, 08:41:08 AM

Author
Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Disorders (Read 75,651 times)

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Anyone have any of these or suffer from them? Take any medications for them? I take 200 mg of Zoloft every day for depression and anxiety. I was also recently just diagnosed with Cyclothymic disorder which is a mood disorder in which you will feel deep depression for a couple of hours and than extreme highs or mania for a couple hours and that fluctuates constantly up and down, think of a really fast version of being bipolar but just not as bad. When your Bipolar you suffer long, long spells of depression and than long spells of mania so Cyclothymic disorder is not as bad but if you don't treat it with medication it can worsen into Bipolar disorder. Anyone else struggle with day to day depression, aniexty, social phobias or mood disorders, schizophrenia etc? I would be really happy to hear other peoples stories and struggles  :) This a group discussion.

Vepariga

When I moved to Brisbane and got in a relationship that went sour,I had really bad anxiety. I would feel panicky about my future. As soon as I broke up with her,and left Brisbane to return to my home city I felt better but I had periods of anxiety panic attacks if I was in public for too long. If i was in a shopping center for more then a breif moment my heart would race,I would feel extremely dizzy like I was going to fall over and I had to run to the door to get out. It was scary,Its like you feel like your going to die or something if you dont leave. I hate it. I hated myself for quite a while.

Then I just made myself do it,I stayed in public for longer on purpose. I got panicky but I stayed,controlled my breathing and tried to stay calm. I eventually got over it. I still feel the anxious feeling creep on me now and then but no where near as bad as I used to have it. Now I can control it and it hasnt bothered me since. I feel,free.

Its a terrible thing to go through tho and now that i have been there and worked through it I can comfort my friends that have are going through the same thing.

Sabby

I have Autism and suffer from depression and bipolar. I have a lot of trouble understanding and valuing peoples emotions, which can make me come across as very cold. I also have a lot of trouble with controlling what I say. My thoughts are very busy and it tends to spill out at random, so I end up speaking over people and changing topics at random.

At least, that's how I was most of my life. It's been such a depressing and isolating state that I never really tried to get proper help. I didn't trust psychologists or medications. Over the last year I've been on medication, currently 1gm of Risperidone and 10gm of Lexapro. It's been absolutely life changing for me.

I still say the wrong things and can spiral emotionally, but for the most part I have greater control of my thoughts. Learning social skills is going to be a huge hurdle, but the pills are an immense help.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 12, 2014, 11:00:19 AM
I have Autism and suffer from depression and bipolar. I have a lot of trouble understanding and valuing peoples emotions, which can make me come across as very cold. I also have a lot of trouble with controlling what I say. My thoughts are very busy and it tends to spill out at random, so I end up speaking over people and changing topics at random.

At least, that's how I was most of my life. It's been such a depressing and isolating state that I never really tried to get proper help. I didn't trust psychologists or medications. Over the last year I've been on medication, currently 1gm of Risperidone and 10gm of Lexapro. It's been absolutely life changing for me.

I still say the wrong things and can spiral emotionally, but for the most part I have greater control of my thoughts. Learning social skills is going to be a huge hurdle, but the pills are an immense help.

I would agree completley!! With antidepressents you have to let them build up in your system for a number of months. Since I've been taking 200mg of Zoloft every day I feel almost no depression anymore, little aniexty and greater social freedom. I also used to take Serequil for my disorder but it made me feel like a zombie and way to tired so I stopped taking it and just stuck with my Zoloft and I felt great!

WinterActual

I had a depression once. For a few days, or it was about a week. I can't remember exactly. It was because of a health problem and overall "bad streak" of events that happened in very short period of time. It just passed away with the time. Actually I've spent most of that time in sleep so it wasn't that hard or challenge at all. But it made me stronger thats for sure and I've learned that if you feel bad - take a (long) nap, it will fix almost (if not) anything.

Sabby

When people talk about depression, they usually just mean 'dang, I feel kind of down'. That's part of it, but... it can be pretty friggen crippling. Vanilla blahness is one thing, but there are times where you feel like anything and everything of value has just been sucked out of you and left you a hollow shell.

I don't want to go back to those days >.< Part of why I despise the anti-medication crowd so much.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 13, 2014, 12:55:03 AM
When people talk about depression, they usually just mean 'dang, I feel kind of down'. That's part of it, but... it can be pretty friggen crippling. Vanilla blahness is one thing, but there are times where you feel like anything and everything of value has just been sucked out of you and left you a hollow shell.

I don't want to go back to those days >.< Part of why I despise the anti-medication crowd so much.

man your preachin! lol  :laugh: I agree with most of everything you said. I mean yeah its truly crippling. It can make you feel like your life, worth and value are wiped away. Your just a hollow shell with nothing to offer anyone to anyone. You feel like your not essential part of life anymore and no one cares about you. I agree with you Sabby. I really despise the anti-medication folks. They believe just dealing with it on your own in your head solves everything or smoking pot which I've heard doctors say it short circuits the brain activity and stabalizes your moods. I smoke sometimes to help stabalize but overall my medication does all the work I need it to do. Its made me feel 90% better about life.

MoonerSK

I have a lot of trouble understanding and valuing peoples emotions, which can make me come across as very cold.

this pretty much goes for me as well but unlike you i don't have problem controling what i say. it is actually the exact opposite, i do not share my thoughts at all, i like to keep them for myself, i would even say that i hate when someone whant to know what i'm thinking about and stuff like that. i generally don't like being with people, talking to people. i like to be alone. that's also a reason why i'm not posting much. from time to time i have a moment that i talk or post more.

luckily i do not have depressions or disorders(well not mood disorders :D ) i do however have a headache permanently for about 4 years, mostly pretty weak one which i already got used to, sometimes it's worse but i learned to live with it :)

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: MoonerSK on Apr 13, 2014, 01:26:36 PM
I have a lot of trouble understanding and valuing peoples emotions, which can make me come across as very cold.

this pretty much goes for me as well but unlike you i don't have problem controling what i say. it is actually the exact opposite, i do not share my thoughts at all, i like to keep them for myself, i would even say that i hate when someone whant to know what i'm thinking about and stuff like that. i generally don't like being with people, talking to people. i like to be alone. that's also a reason why i'm not posting much. from time to time i have a moment that i talk or post more.

luckily i do not have depressions or disorders(well not mood disorders :D ) i do however have a headache permanently for about 4 years, mostly pretty weak one which i already got used to, sometimes it's worse but i learned to live with it :)

Thanks for sharing MoonerSK :) Sounds like you might have some social phobias or aniexty though. People who feel the need to keep themselves closed off tend to have problems speaking with others and socializing with peers. Do you ever feel anxious at times?

WinterActual

Just because he don't want to mess with people, doesn't mean that he have any problems at all! I agree that its not worth bothering with 90% of the people these days. Its waste of time because their interests and views are broken on so many ways. That's not his problem.

maledoro

Quote from: WinterActual on Apr 13, 2014, 05:04:37 PM
Just because he don't want to mess with people, doesn't mean that he have any problems at all! I agree that its not worth bothering with 90% of the people these days. Its waste of time because their interests and views are broken on so many ways. That's not his problem.
Some people aren't antisocial, they're just a bit more selective about with whom they socialize.

MoonerSK

Quote from: Purvis on Apr 13, 2014, 04:49:52 PM
Thanks for sharing MoonerSK :) Sounds like you might have some social phobias or aniexty though. People who feel the need to keep themselves closed off tend to have problems speaking with others and socializing with peers. Do you ever feel anxious at times?

Actually I don't feel anxious at all. Problems speaking with others? i would probably lie if i said i don't, on the other hand it's kinda hard to speak with someone you have nothing in common(most of the people out there). I'm not a talker type of person, if I have something to say I say it but to say stuff just to keep talking is not really my thing.

Quote from: WinterActual on Apr 13, 2014, 05:04:37 PM

wow, you're actually the first person who don't see it as some kind of problem if i don't want to mess with people. it feels good to get a bit of understanding

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I had clinical depression for about two years, out of it recently.
Nothing other than that and my partner has insomnia, and when he passes out eventually he has terrible nightmares making him shake.

I've learned what it's like myself to have a medical condition a disorder and try my best to help someone else with theirs

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

I had social anxiety disorder from 18 to about 26. I was accosted by a stranger after a fishing trip simply for being in the passengers seat of a type of car he hated. He literally jumped out of his car at a red light and punched me in the face through my open window. For years I was afraid that some random person was going to accost me out of.nowhere. I still have a scar to remind me of it.

Eventually, I just looked at a calendar and said to myself, I think it's time to put this aside.

All has been in perfect homeostasis since.

RobThom

I dont believe in that stuff!
You were born with a pair,
but they tell you that that aint true.

Its true.

Its inbetwixt you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed