Possible Character Details

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 06, 2021, 05:38:32 AM

Author
Possible Character Details (Read 46,984 times)

skhellter

skhellter

if this is indeed post-Alien3 then i'm fully expecting a return to biomech aesthetics.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I imagine it'll be ambiguously, not explicitly post-3.

Coz if it's not... gross.

But jumping back, lanky skeletor Aliens (like covvie) seem to be the hip thing, and not everyone is as married to Gigers "true" biomech as us grognards.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 09, 2022, 09:00:02 PM
I have a creeping suspicion that it'll be closest to the Covenant Alien, although not identical.

This is based on nothing other than hunches and watching trends though.

Well, I hope it's not due to cutting costs like when they recycled the Resurrection suits for AVP, but with Covenant designs. Although honestly, not even for creative reasons would make sense as long as it's post ALIEN (1979).

I wouldn't be disappointed by a Stompy-like design though. Better than fleshy raptors.  :P

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 09, 2022, 09:05:11 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 09, 2022, 08:58:35 PM
I just hope they go back to the Giger design once and for all. No more Fleshingmorphs please! 😭

The lack of biomechanics works in some instances for me – I don't mind Resurrection's cloned Aliens within the context of that film and Covenant's spindly not-quite-finished Aliens (and Neomorphs) are good, and Prometheus has some cool critters as well.

But yeah. I do very much want to see the proper biomechanical Alien again here. Especially since this series is almost certainly going to be set after the original film (and since it seems to be exploring human-made biomechanics as well, which should be more crude and stand in contrast to the Alien's unique perfection in that regard).

Yes! back to basics! I think cyberpunk tropes might fit.  8)

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 09, 2022, 09:32:33 PM
if this is indeed post-Alien3 then i'm fully expecting a return to biomech aesthetics.

Post Alien 3? I never thought about that. Always imagine what would be after Alien / Aliens. Even post-Covenant:laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

What's the difference?

Nightmare Asylum

Post-Alien 3 definitely makes the most sense for me, given the premise they're running with, though I guess there's some potential for them to try to slip this in between Alien and Aliens (though I certainly don't want that to be the case).

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Please not between films, apart from Alien Resurrection. Puh-lease

xenotaris

xenotaris

I feel that the xenomorph is getting sidelined in this TV series, great more super-powered humans, this sounds too much like a boring Marvel TV show then i don't know.... ALIEN!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 09, 2022, 09:51:57 PM
Well, I hope it's not due to cutting costs like when they recycled the Resurrection suits for AVP, but with Covenant designs. Although honestly, not even for creative reasons would make sense as long as it's post ALIEN (1979).

I'm not talking about anything like that at all. Just modern trends in design elongating everything and favouring organic/naturalistic texture choices.

SiL

SiL

Skinny Bois are the in thing.

David Weyland

David Weyland

Maybe the show will be set during the fall of Weyland Yutani and it's buyout by Walmart 😄

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I'm going to laugh until I cry if that happens :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

For real though – seeing Weyland-Yutani at the end of its time of prominence, as it is beginning to collapse and lose the grip that it once had, is something I would be genuinely interested in. Could very well be going in that direction, too, with other corporations like Prodigy getting prominent play here.

Just leave the Wal-Mart gag on the cutting room floor, like Jeunet had the right mind to do in his preferred theatrical cut of the film.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Grinds my gears that a lot of people have only ever seen pirate copies of Rez and generally they will always be the shitty extended/alternate cut.

North Man

North Man

Where are my Xenomorphs

Aaron

Aaron

This has Ridley's fingerprints all over it  :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed