Predator 4K Releases and new Steelbooks

Started by RidgeTop, May 22, 2018, 03:33:46 PM

Author
Predator 4K Releases and new Steelbooks (Read 43,292 times)

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 23, 2018, 01:13:05 PM
Yeah sure , I get you bro , they have a deadline etc , but surely I quick google search is all it takes if you are not sure which character is which , imo it's just laziness , take a bit of pride in what you are putting out there and make it right , I suppose what I'm getting at is I couldn't see other studios making blunders like that. Can you imagine Pixar putting bullseye or Jesse on a toy story 1s dvd cover ? when they only appeared from the second one onwards ? Because I can't. Or doctor octopus appearing on the first Sam raimi's Spider-Man film cover even though he was in the second ? Very unlikely, I just feel that fox are so sloppy with their franchises , compared to other studios.

To be honest I cannot debate on that subject because I am not too aware of all covers of Sony, Paramaunt, Disney Pixar products. For me I think a lot of people frustrated with 20 entury fox fo a little bit failing on your(I mean your and other people on this forum ) favourite franchise, and it's why 20 century fox getting so hated in this forum. I am not saying they not decerving it, but I do think it's a normal thing in movie industry, it's just we reacting so strongly because it's connected to alien, predator universes. I am sure if we will check on Spider Man forum we will see a lot of hate on Sony too, and I am sure fans there has big reasons and very minor ridiculous reasons (like mandibles) ;)... Pixar to me is a little bit off comparising, because they have much less movies then 20 Century Fox, I mean they are 50 years younger then 20 Century. Don't take me wrong, I am not happy with the product 20 Century Fox giving us lately, but I do think that a lot of Fan's rant actual comming from subjective frustration than from objective understanding of the reality of Industry.

ELDERCLANLEADER

I get what your getting at but ultimately this one rare time I have to disagree , I think 20th Century Fox are one of the worst studios who just make a quick bunch without much care on the quality, there's zero quality control the way there is at other studios and they have earned the hate lately imo , it's like there's no sense of pride anymore in their franchises or the quality on what they are putting out, that's why I hope the Comcast/Disney take over will happen. Because I find disney to take their content and reputation quite seriously. I mean the last film's 20th century fox put out imo that had any clout was the new planets of the apes. When I compare Fox to other studios and how they treat their franchises , there's things that just don't happen at other studios , there's a sense of pride in what they are putting out there and it shows , even a Disney poster or dvd cover has a bit of thought put into it , there are things at Fox like leaked scrips, photos and anything in between  , and overall it's just sloppiness in general. I'm not saying it doesn't happen at other studios , it does , but it's a lot rarer than fox , fox have some sort of consistency of leaking the whole film before it's even released ,  I mean when I think of predator a lot of the good stuff doesn't even come from fox , it comes from dark horse. What does that tell you ?

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 23, 2018, 02:38:38 PM
I get what your getting at but ultimately this one rare time I have to disagree , I think 20th Century Fox are one of the worst studios who just make a quick bunch without much care on the quality, there's zero quality control the way there is at other studios and they have earned the hate lately imo , it's like there's no sense of pride anymore in their franchises or the quality on what they are putting out, that's why I hope the Comcast/Disney take over will happen. Because I find disney to take their content and reputation quite seriously. I mean the last film's 20th century fox put out imo that had any clout was the new planets of the apes. When I compare Fox to other studios and how they treat their franchises , there's things that just don't happen at other studios , there's a sense of pride in what they are putting out there and it shows , even a Disney poster or dvd cover has a bit of thought put into it , there are things at Fox like leaked scrips, photos and anything in between  , and overall it's just sloppiness in general. I'm not saying it doesn't happen at other studios , it does , but it's a lot rarer than fox , fox have some sort of consistency of leaking the whole film before it's even released ,  I mean when I think of predator a lot of the good stuff doesn't even come from fox , it comes from dark horse. What does that tell you ?

I see your point Elder, to be honest I can't debate here. I am not into movie industry anymore as I used to be, so I don't have much valid information about 20 century fox and other studios.  ;)

Wweyland

Looks great, hoping for some good extras also.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wweyland on May 23, 2018, 05:41:31 PM
Looks great, hoping for some good extras also.

Predator is really due a proper Quadrilogy treatment. Something with the love and care that CdL did for Alien.

Valaquen

Quote from: slipknotpredator on May 22, 2018, 10:37:40 PM

Isn't that Hot Toys Predator? Yuk... Hate when they use figures instead of the real thing...

The Alien steelbooks used some horrible prop and behind the scenes stills for their covers too  :-\

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I hope they will give us a good 1080p version too. Not everyone has a 4k TV.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on May 24, 2018, 02:56:44 AM
I hope they will give us a good 1080p version too. Not everyone has a 4k TV.

Typically these re-releases see a 1080p version as well.

Xenomrph

Any word on if the Predator 4K transfer will be a better transfer than the shitty, waxy version we've gotten for the 'Predator' bluray so far? Because if they're just using the same transfer and upscaling it, then it's just going to be as shitty as the bluray but in higher definition so it looks even worse.

Corporal Hicks

Oh, that transfer was nowhere near that bad. There were like 3 or 4 moments where it looks waxy. The rest was crisp.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 29, 2018, 08:23:04 AM
Oh, that transfer was nowhere near that bad. There were like 3 or 4 moments where it looks waxy. The rest was crisp.

Have to disagree with you there chief, it was abysmal.

Good news is that this new version is a 4K mastering from the original negative, meaning it will be far and away the best looking version.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Old One on May 29, 2018, 11:33:59 AM
Good news is that this new version is a 4K mastering from the original negative, meaning it will be far and away the best looking version.

Awesome. Do you remember where you saw that?

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 29, 2018, 11:42:07 AM
Quote from: The Old One on May 29, 2018, 11:33:59 AM

Awesome. Do you remember where you saw that?

https://realorfake4k.com/my-product/predator/

Corporal Hicks

Thanks. I'm not familiar with this website. Are they reliable?

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 29, 2018, 12:02:46 PM
Thanks. I'm not familiar with this website. Are they reliable?

They haven't let me down yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed