Some thoughts about Resurrection.

Started by Kradan, Mar 20, 2019, 08:51:53 PM

Author
Some thoughts about Resurrection. (Read 351 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Had posted it before but felt that it deserves own topic:

I actually like how weird and unpropriate this movie is. This movie is total absurd. I like absurd.

Also. i think that Resurrection continues some of the topics of Alien 3. Let me clarify: i wrote it somewhere earlier but i consider 3 as movie about lone woman and her unfair as f**k fate.I think that in the end of 3 Ripley killed herself not only to save universe, humanity and etc. , but also because she just wanted to stop this endless insane nightmare, she wanted to have her ultimate inner peace once and for all. But Resurrection showed us that even death cannot take all of the madness from her life. If you die it's possible that one day some crazy scientist bring you back to life because of his own purposes. So, her endless circle cannot be stoped by anything. She was brought back to life to be punished by her fate again and again. And even worse - she not even fully human anymore. She blended with creature that she dedicated her life to fight against.  She lost her daughter. she lost Newt - and all it just to have her ultimate baby - ugly abonimation called Newborn that she must kill by her own hands. Also just look how insane unnormal absurdic is world in Resurrection seems: instead of real breathing people there some comic likish cartoon characters which even death looks funny. Damn. now i think that Ripley was not really resurrected - her fate just sent her into her personal hell full of madness.

And final thought: we would never have such movie as Resurrection if not Alien 3. If Ripley had not been killed there wouldn't have been any necessity to somehow bring her back and there wouldn't have been place for that genetic manipulation stuff.

So that my thoughts, my take on it. Do you agree? Do you disagree? Is movie better experience for you from such perspective?

SM

SM

Much of what you say is self evident.

However Ripley wasn't seeking peace through death in Alien 3. She didn't want to die - she just accepted the inevitable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed