NEW Prometheus scan from Premier Magazine (French Edition)

Started by RoaryUK, Dec 16, 2011, 01:37:39 AM

Author
NEW Prometheus scan from Premier Magazine (French Edition) (Read 35,219 times)

Kol

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 19, 2011, 03:20:20 AM
a belief that she has chased after her entire life, as her parents before her did.

-Chris

do you think her father was kidnapped by aliens and that's the reason why we will see him in flashbacks?

Darth Vile

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 18, 2011, 11:09:03 PM
Cameron actually was a bit naive with the use of that bone like structure as seen in the derelict. That stuff appeared to be more apart of the architecture of the original ship, then anything the alien itself secreted or created. It didn't make narrative sense to include the structure in ALIENS with the exception of going into the ship.

In terms of Aliens, I thought it was a very effective, and intelligent, nod to the first movie (even if not logical)... as it suddenly, and quite dramatically, gives the audience a visual connection to the experiences on the Derelict in Alien i.e. "don't go in there".

Skylark Duquesne

Quote from: Gash on Dec 19, 2011, 01:49:29 AM
The way some comments are going anyone would think this film is going to be a religious epic, something I'm not seeing at all myself in any of the genuine quotes. There isn't anything that suggests supporting creationism, anymore than any other sci fi story that has used a similar premise has. All I've seen is that a character will have to question their faith.

It's fiction, and drama is all the more effective if somehow finds their assumptions challenged. It reminds me of misconceptions about an episode of 1970s British post apocalyptic TV series 'Survivors' in which a religious group put their faith in God to save them, only to find that their arriving saviors - another group of survivors have brought a contagious virus with them. So all the religious characters die. Some critics just wrote it off as preachy TV suited to Sunday evening viewing rather than sci fi drama. In other words completely missing the point.

The same could be said of a part of the story in Day of the Triffids. Just because religion themes are touched upon doesn't mean that there's an underlying support of religion. Or not.

Same with Prometheus. Themes are there to create a story with drama and conflict (that's mental conflict). It doesn't actually have to say anything about what Ridley Scott himself believes.

He's built a new grand mythology  -  a fiction stemming from the SJ in  A   L   I   E   N.

Cool, what's wrong with that?

Obviously, what we're all concerned about is the dramatic and emotional potential of the story. I expect nothing from Scott short of a punch in the stomach, a unique experience I would walk from dizzy and reeling and that would constitute a drastic departure from the tepid stuff studios churn out on an industrial basis. The Thing prequel was rather enjoyable but I was struck by how bland the treatment was compared with Carpenter's sicko, stylish masterpiece.
In "Alien Vault", you can read Scott declared that he was fascinated by the no-bullshit nature of the script, "something that was utterly about function" (which echoes what Ash says about the Alien). That does not seem to make him much of a mystic. About "Blade Runner", which film critics disparaged because of its so-called lack of content, he said that "in this case, the design IS the statement".
And yet... I have a hunch that this time, this particular horror piece will be intellectually as well as emotionally disturbing. Visceral and cerebral at the same time, a tale of space and inner exploration. I hope it will really be Scott's vision, unmarred by any interference from execs' marketing concerns.

ikarop

Empire posted a HQ version:

Dogme

Quote from: Kol on Dec 19, 2011, 02:23:46 PM
a belief that she has chased after her entire life, as her parents before her did.

-Chris

do you think her father was kidnapped by aliens and that's the reason why we will see him in flashbacks?
Maybe he became an engineer?

Kol

Quote from: Dogme on Dec 22, 2011, 12:49:25 PM
Quote from: Kol on Dec 19, 2011, 02:23:46 PM

-Chris

Maybe he became an engineer?

this speculation is fun.  8)

maybe we will see him like jodie foster see's her father in contact.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed