Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 828,478 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City

Didn't expect it to be that good but was somehow even worse than my low expectations. They crammed together the plots of the first two games into an hour an 47 minute movie and it just did not work.

As a fan of the franchise, was pretty disappointed given this was supposed to be the reboot more in line with the games. It was an ensemble cast and wasn't the Milla show like the older series but at least those could be pretty entertaining while still being not great. The budget for this one also seemed quite cheap compared to any of the previous films.

4/10

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I had no idea they were still making those :laugh:

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 23, 2021, 10:59:11 PM
I had no idea they were still making those :laugh:

Well this one was a complete reboot, and not part of the story of the previous six live action movies.

The best of the RE movies are definitely the CG ones, which are in the continuity of the games. I guess Netflix is making a live action series as well and the plot of that one sounds pretty wacky.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Thelma & Louise

Pretty atypical for Ridley, but damn good all the same. "You're standing in your pizza." :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Fantastic movie. One of his very best imo.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 23, 2021, 05:20:55 PM
What, no Sudden Death?

Considering Sudden Death and, was it Timecop, were both considered his top tier movies? I never owned either and really need to rewatch those.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 23, 2021, 05:49:26 PM
No Kickboxer?

Never saw. Should I?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Nov 23, 2021, 07:20:11 PM
Another favorite of mine is Death Warrant. 

Err. Another Van Damme movie I never saw. I guess they'd run me out of Belgium if I'd ever visit.

I think I saw part of the identical twin movie though...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 24, 2021, 11:00:49 PM
What, no Sudden Death?

Considering Sudden Death and, was it Timecop, were both considered his top tier movies? I never owned either and really need to rewatch those.

Both were directed by the underrated Peter Hyams.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 24, 2021, 03:56:42 PM
Fantastic movie. One of his very best imo.

It's currently sitting at number six on the Scott ranking I'm putting together. I'm trying to go through all of the ones I haven't seen. White Squall is up next, we'll see how that one goes.

And speaking of which...

Black Hawk Down

Even better on a rewatch. Admittedly, I skipped a few to rewatch this. White Squall will follow soon.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Black Friday (2021)

Not as good as I thought it would be but was OK.  Bruce Campbell though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

White Squall

Jeff Bridges is good, and there are some good moments here and there, but overall it's just kind of middling. And the last fifteen minutes (where it turned into a lame courtroom drama) really hurt the film.

Prez

Prez

No Time to Die

Fitting finale for Daniel Craig and ...
Spoiler
boy that ending. Wife was in tears ... I choked up a bit too.
[close]

Quote from: Prez on Nov 26, 2021, 05:00:42 AM
No Time to Die

Fitting finale for Daniel Craig and ...
Spoiler
boy that ending. Wife was in tears ... I choked up a bit too.
[close]

Spoiler
The more I think about that ending the more cut I am about it. Reminds me how I felt after seeing Alien 3 the first time though I had a lot of anger after that one. This one is just plain upsetting. I get it plot wise but dammit ... BOND deserved a happier send off.
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 24, 2021, 11:52:58 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 24, 2021, 11:00:49 PM
What, no Sudden Death?

Both were directed by the underrated Peter Hyams.

Ah, no wonder then!

Underrated indeed. I adore Hyam's great "2010 - The Year We Make Contact". That film right now is criminally underseen. Then there is "Outland". And I have a real soft spot for "End of Days". I've  probably watched that a dozen times.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Straight Outta Compton (Theatrical Cut)

Balls of Fury

Sunshine

Metallica - Some Kind of Monster

Cloverfield

Iron Maiden - Flight 666

Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest

Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End

Mad Max 2

Jason Statham's Homefront

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

G.I. Jane

I wouldn't quite put this among Scott's best, but it was a heck of a lot better than I was expecting. Even if it does sort of feel like Ridley somehow got handed one of Tony's projects by mistake.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed