Danny McBride discusses Alien Covenant with Rolling Stone magazine

Started by BonesawT101, Jul 06, 2016, 03:19:33 PM

Author
Danny McBride discusses Alien Covenant with Rolling Stone magazine (Read 45,901 times)

BringbackJonesy!

Considering just how much of PROMETHEUS was actually done in cgi, I'm sceptical about the amount of purely practical effects that will be used in this sequel.  Not that I'm against a good cgi effect here and there when it's done well.  However, I still cringe at the poorly-done shot of the 'Engineer's suit' attaching to the 'tubes on the chair', sadly.  Considering that should have been a terrific 'money shot' moment for ALIEN fans, it turned out to be a boringly-angled, side-on shot with some very dodgy cgi movement indeed, I reckon.  (So much so, that I'm actually planning to cut it from my re-edit of the movie altogether!)

However, I still have high hopes for a good continuation of the story overall, with this next one...but I won't let it's eventual trailers build my expectations as high as I did with PROMETHEUS.  I just hope for some creepier/scarier-looking 'xenomorphs' than the 'deacon baby' turned out to be...

By the way, judging by Sigourney's latest comments, it seems very likely that Neil Blomkamp's movie will indeed be an 'alternative route' which totally disregards the ALIEN 3 and ALIEN RESURRECTION movies altogether - www.io9.gizmodo.com/the-eventual-aliens-sequel-will-wipe-alien-3-and-resurr-1783225719 and a further article here - www.aintitcoolnews.com/node/75618

:-  :-  :-

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Jul 07, 2016, 12:57:46 PM
By the way, judging by Sigourney's latest comments, it seems very likely that Neil Blomkamp's movie will indeed be an 'alternative route' which totally disregards the ALIEN 3 and ALIEN RESURRECTION movies altogether - www.io9.gizmodo.com/the-eventual-aliens-sequel-will-wipe-alien-3-and-resurr-1783225719 and a further article here - www.aintitcoolnews.com/node/75618

Sorry just to pick out this comment but since it's making the rounds again. She said that a while back during Alien Day. Guess most sites didn't notice.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: tmjhur on Jul 07, 2016, 10:34:12 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 07, 2016, 07:24:29 AM
I feel like McBride wont be playing any overt comic relief.
Well I wasn't implying so with the marijuana use. Wasn't there a suggesting that it was to be used medicinally when the crew come out of hibernation. The captain would insist they all consume it for there own well being!

I thought it was for "post-traumatic stress disorder" relief after making first contact?  :laugh:

Now I can almost imagine a dour, sullen Mcbride telling everyone who dares to crack a joke to "knock it off"!

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 07, 2016, 04:46:24 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Jul 07, 2016, 10:34:12 AM
Well I wasn't implying so with the marijuana use. Wasn't there a suggesting that it was to be used medicinally when the crew come out of hibernation. The captain would insist they all consume it for there own well being!

I thought it was for "post-traumatic stress disorder" relief after making first contact?  :laugh:

Now I can almost imagine a dour, sullen Mcbride telling everyone who dares to crack a joke to "knock it off"!

I could see an alien chasing him down the hall. 8)

NickisSmart

Well, anyone who's seen Tropic Thunder will know he's handy with a flamethrower. :P

motherfather

motherfather

Running away from an Alien - yikes...

I don't know why, but all of a sudden I can't stop thinking about the recent X Files episode "Mulder and Scully meet the Were-Monster" - the part where the monster is chased off frantically flailing his arms in the campest way as he minces away because he got scared even though HE is the monster. lol .

But seriously - no comic relief from Mcbride this time please - we had enough tomfoolery in Prometheus. A scary not overly gory suffocating nail-biting edge of your seat film is what I'd really like to see this time.

Its good to hear they are using physical objects rather than all CGI. One of the things I liked when viewing the Prometheus DVD extras, is how imaginative and creative the props guys were using liquid that responds to soundwaves, and of course another excuse to whip out a condom and see what effects can he achieved with it.

Even the pups/mapping orbs were basically balls on a stick - I think I actually loved the props more than I did the movie.(except that engineer's flute - would rather forget about that - lol)

BishopShouldGo

Lol this is Ridley Scott, you aren't dealing with the Strause brothers.

BringbackJonesy!

Corporal Hicks, I didn't realise that those Sigourney comments were from a while back either.  ::)

(However, if her comments come to pass, and the events of ALIEN 3 and ALIEN RESURRECTION aren't referenced whatsoever...then at least my intended own versions of them will still make complete sense!)  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 07, 2016, 07:48:17 PM
Lol this is Ridley Scott, you aren't dealing with the Strause brothers.

That doesn't grant him immunity from making a bad film unfortunately.

Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Jul 07, 2016, 10:07:39 PM
Corporal Hicks, I didn't realise that those Sigourney comments were from a while back either.  ::)

Like I said, sorry to have just picked that comment on. Just wanted to inform folk.  :)

BishopShouldGo

It doesn't. But his films are always gorgeous so at the least the monsters will look and move spectacularly.

szkoki

Yes i mean im not excited to see the Alien or how this story pans out with Prometheus tied in BUT to see Danny act...or a twist hell be a lenient captain and he plays himself again :D would be a big twist as all the captains were so strict in the universe before it would be nice to see a "i dont give a shit, i just deliver the cargo, leave me alone to smoke some weed, a real coward" captain who would leave everyone behind xD

Denton Smalls

Imagine they surprise people and make him such an alpha male he makes Janek look like Carter Burke lol?

BishopShouldGo

Thanks for that. "This shit is dark, there is no comic relief" hahaha amazing.

SuicideDoors

Haha love it! He's got such an infectious personality, can't wait to see him in the film and welcome to the Alien franchise!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed