First Look at the Predators! (Updated)

Started by Johnny Handsome, May 14, 2017, 07:16:26 AM

Author
First Look at the Predators! (Updated) (Read 102,799 times)

goose_3387

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 19, 2017, 03:57:32 PM
Quote from: ithinkitshawkins on May 19, 2017, 03:56:12 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 19, 2017, 03:37:19 PM
Quote from: ithinkitshawkins on May 19, 2017, 11:01:26 AM
Quote from: greygoose on May 19, 2017, 07:00:25 AM
Still hoping that the hybrid Predator has a classic design as it's base. Predators tried the whole primal bare minimum look and whilst I liked Berserkers design it's not something I want to see again from a lead Predator.

It sounds like it will deviate even more than the beserkers. I hope it will look interesting though.

In the script
Spoiler
the hybrid wears no armour but in the supposedly legit survey it wears a full armour, maybe they're still deciding yet the final design for the hybrid, I do hope they received the fans signal, and make it shorter than 10 foot tall.
[close]

Spoiler
I personally love that it's huge so i don't want them to make it shorter. Some armor would be cool though. Although i have no idea what it is supposed to be. With the height i'm guessing it will be a CG creature
[close]

I think this one is gonna be cgi too.

Given the size I imagine most of it will be CGI - which sucks. Not been spotted on set so far either. I really wanted one badass looking/practical suit Predator as the main Predator.

BigDaddyJohn

Maybe there will be practical effects in some close shots of his face I think, but in action scenes it will be mostly CGI, which is not what I prefer, but I guess it's kind of standard nowadays. Also, if he actually is represented as a 10ft tall bulkier beast, but remains somewhat agile, it is extremely difficult to make him fully practical and not make him look bad/slow.

DavidCollins

I hope they use one of those 6'10 stunt guys to play the Upgrade, they can utilize the special effects used in 300 (made Xerxes look bigger on screen). If the Upgrade is completely Cgied i'm gonna be slightly disappointed. Animatronics over CGI any day.

KiramidHead

Yeah, they should get that crazy massive guy who plays The Mountain for The Upgrade.

SpeedyMaxx

Still hoping that the hybrid Predator has a classic design as it's base. Predators tried the whole primal bare minimum look and whilst I liked Berserkers design it's not something I want to see again from a lead Predator.

It sounds like it will deviate even more than the beserkers. I hope it will look interesting though.

In the script
Spoiler
the hybrid wears no armour but in the supposedly legit survey it wears a full armour, maybe they're still deciding yet the final design for the hybrid, I do hope they received the fans signal, and make it shorter than 10 foot tall.
[close]

That survey was a misread by the poster. It states 'its body is naturally armored' or something - same thing.

DavidCollins

KiramidHead, TheMountain guys are huge, Thor Bjonsson and Conan Steven are 6'9 and 7'1, respectively. Though, they're too beefy and agility is not their strong suit. We need wiry/lithe guys who are extremely light on their feet.

KiramidHead

The Upgrade read as pretty bulky to me in the script. Either way could work, though.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 18, 2017, 11:51:59 PM
If a Predator in a tank is enough to keep you out of the theater the AVP films must've been straight to Redbox.

Why? They didnt have preds wearing army cammo patterns while riding an APC.

This better be the kids stupid imagination or a dream.

Joseph66

Joseph66

If this movie is to the first predator film, as Jurassic world was to jurassic park... than im all for it. I remember when people were bashing on jurassic world even before it came out, because of the "hybrid" dinosaur.. But the movie was great, and how they executed the "hybrid" idea was awesome. You guys can bash on this movie all you want.. because the lower your expectations are.. If the movie is actually good... it'll be that much better.

I hate this, because I have three reasons for it. Fact 1 - They are same, like they copy each other. Fact 2 - They hold human weapons and human-made armor. Fact 3 - They are helping humans. What I hate most of it? Propably the fact, that they are same, Since Predator 2 I was glad for the idea that each Predator is unique in both design and personality, each one should be different, so. . why I should accept two exact same Predators? I'm not hater, I have eyes, the only difference between them is their skin colors, the one higher is more dark-blue, the lower one is more purple. I can understand they could wear some armor that looks same, I can understand that perhaps they wear it because it was some logicall reason for it, but I can't understand why someone need to made it visualy like this, the only thing I like is the new helmet design, but again why both of them have the same helmets? Hell, even their dreads look the same. Now, call me hater, tell me how I want this movie to be bad! I'm a fan, deal with it.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 20, 2017, 02:51:06 AM

In the script
Spoiler
[close]

That survey was a misread by the poster. It states 'its body is naturally armored' or something - same thing.

I'll check the survey sheet out monday.

black

Quote from: Joseph66 on May 20, 2017, 06:39:43 AM
If this movie is to the first predator film, as Jurassic world was to jurassic park... than im all for it. I remember when people were bashing on jurassic world even before it came out, because of the "hybrid" dinosaur.. But the movie was great, and how they executed the "hybrid" idea was awesome. You guys can bash on this movie all you want.. because the lower your expectations are.. If the movie is actually good... it'll be that much better.

I hate this, because I have three reasons for it. Fact 1 - They are same, like they copy each other. Fact 2 - They hold human weapons and human-made armor. Fact 3 - They are helping humans. What I hate most of it? Propably the fact, that they are same, Since Predator 2 I was glad for the idea that each Predator is unique in both design and personality, each one should be different, so. . why I should accept two exact same Predators? I'm not hater, I have eyes, the only difference between them is their skin colors, the one higher is more dark-blue, the lower one is more purple. I can understand they could wear some armor that looks same, I can understand that perhaps they wear it because it was some logicall reason for it, but I can't understand why someone need to made it visualy like this, the only thing I like is the new helmet design, but again why both of them have the same helmets? Hell, even their dreads look the same. Now, call me hater, tell me how I want this movie to be bad! I'm a fan, deal with it.
Maybe it is caste of predators scientists or women judging by the golden insets and the dont have individuality.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 20, 2017, 10:52:53 AM

No need to wait, I already went back and looked. It said
Spoiler
"the Predator's body is made of armor."  In the script it says "its body is its armor." Same thing as the script, but slightly different wording by someone who is not Shane Black or Fred Dekker.
[close]
So like I said, a misread. The creature is unchanged.

goose_3387

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 20, 2017, 01:04:11 PM

Spoiler
"the Predator's body is made of armor."  In the script it says "its body is its armor." Same thing as the script, but slightly different wording by someone who is not Shane Black or Fred Dekker.
[close]

In my mind it's a tall and naked looking creature. I hope it looks better on screen. If the hybrid is mostly CGI we may have to wait until the movie to see it.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: greygoose on May 20, 2017, 01:14:42 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 20, 2017, 01:04:11 PM

Spoiler
[close]

In my mind it's a tall and naked looking creature. I hope it looks better on screen. If the hybrid is mostly CGI we may have to wait until the movie to see it.
I definitely don't want any spoiler pictures of the hybrid predator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praetorian Guard

"Its body is its armor"
Ayyyy~ Something like the Armored Titan from Attack on Titan? Oh wait... Hulk came into mind.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed