NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,173,785 times)

lightsyder

lightsyder

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they said he turned them down for predator.  For Rocky the studio had the likeness rights for toys so he had no say in the matter.  That wasn't the case for the predator or alien movies.  For those they have had to reach deals with the individual actors if possible.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The more we talk about it the more I kind of remember different people hearing different things from NECA and Weathers. I really don't want to go back and look to be honest lol.

Either way, that was 2/3 years ago now, a lot can change deal wise in that much time.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Gridseeker on May 24, 2017, 08:09:26 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 24, 2017, 06:48:52 PM
Quote from: Gridseeker on May 24, 2017, 06:45:42 PM
Quote from: drsmuts on May 24, 2017, 06:11:16 PM
There are loads of Apollo Creed NECA figures.

As Neca explained, notall the contracts or licenses work in the same way. In some cases, it´s just a matter to ask the company or studio, in others you have to talk or ask directly the actor or actress. In Rocky, Neca just asked the studio and they gave greenlight, but in Predator the actor-actress´s permission is required.

If I remember correctly from posts on here when the original Dutch figures were announced there was someone who was tweeting Carl Weathers about it. I believe at the time he said he had not been approached by Neca

Really? Could be, still if I remember well, Neca said they approached to Carl to get the likenesses for Dillon but nope, nothing.
You might be thinking of Al Matthews with Apone.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 25, 2017, 02:25:34 AM
Quote from: Gridseeker on May 24, 2017, 08:09:26 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 24, 2017, 06:48:52 PM
Quote from: Gridseeker on May 24, 2017, 06:45:42 PM
Quote from: drsmuts on May 24, 2017, 06:11:16 PM
There are loads of Apollo Creed NECA figures.

As Neca explained, notall the contracts or licenses work in the same way. In some cases, it´s just a matter to ask the company or studio, in others you have to talk or ask directly the actor or actress. In Rocky, Neca just asked the studio and they gave greenlight, but in Predator the actor-actress´s permission is required.

If I remember correctly from posts on here when the original Dutch figures were announced there was someone who was tweeting Carl Weathers about it. I believe at the time he said he had not been approached by Neca

Really? Could be, still if I remember well, Neca said they approached to Carl to get the likenesses for Dillon but nope, nothing.
You might be thinking of Al Matthews with Apone.

Maybe I´m wrong, but I recall Neca said they tried to get the likenesess from Wathers to make Dillon but it was useless and yes, the same happened with Apone of Aliens movie.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Whoever reps Carl or makes the deals wants too much $$$ for his likeness of Dillon.  That's what the deal is.  You can find Carl 'tweeting' things like "make it so" to Predator/NECA fans telling him they want a figure.  Everyone involved wants it to happen, it's just not worth the price Carl/his agency is setting for NECA.  They would loose money.

Kailem

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I just saw this on facebook and now I'm really glad I never caved and payed ebay prices or bought a knock off. I'll for sure be picking him up. The gun kind of makes me want to get one of the Prometheus engineers my comic shop still has and see if they can hold it

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That guy is going to fight some Neomorphs on my table!

Blood Warrior

Blood Warrior

I'm definitely glad I didn't go out and buy one off of eBay. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Welp, I feel silly for paying ebay prices when he came out.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Glad I didn´t buy the SDCC version  ;D , no way I´m gonna throw over 60 plus shipping, that´s irrational. And just thinking I got my Scout predator for already 50 bucks.

Bilbo5000

Bilbo5000

I did buy the SDCC Ahab when it came out back in 2014. So glad to see this new version is coming out.
Hope it's a package in the box format.  ;D

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I'm just happy to finally have the Engineer rifle accessory. Fingers crossed we get some Life and Death xenos eventually.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah he was one I briefly considered looking into getting as well, but never all that seriously, so I'm glad to see he's getting a non-SDCC version released should I really feel the urge to pick him up.

And I didn't even realise it until I saw a mention on Twitter that that's an Engineer's skull and spine, not a human's. Apparently it'll be sized accordingly.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 27, 2017, 07:06:26 PM
I'm just happy to finally have the Engineer rifle accessory. Fingers crossed we get some Life and Death xenos eventually.
I haven't read Life and Death yet, do they look different?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed