Peter Briggs' Alien vs. Predator - Podcast, New Articles

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 11, 2015, 10:52:43 PM

Author
Peter Briggs' Alien vs. Predator - Podcast, New Articles (Read 28,287 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Avp is crud on Dec 12, 2015, 03:55:19 PM
Seriously? People actually like seeing Aliens used as targeting practice for Predators and Marines?? Got to have low iq to actually want stories like this... Predator vs Alien is just a dumb idea that should never have even happened.

First off lets keep the insults to a zero please.

And secondly, it really doesn't have to be bad. There's a lot of potential in the concept. It's just about balance.

Quote from: TS on Dec 13, 2015, 06:39:47 AM
Actually, I wouldn't mind an AVP animated film(cartoon as opposed to cgi) that gets released straight to dvd/blu ray. Even if it's an hour and a half as opposed to 2 hours. That might be interesting if the voice acting and the script was decent enough.

That's something we discuss in the podcast actually. I'd love to see an animated AvP - whether CG or cartoon.  I think it'd present less of a risk to the studio and mean they could experiment more.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

I'm loving some of the things I'm hearing from Pete Briggs, such as the other types of Aliens coming from the wildlife. I wonder how the immature queen would've looked like in the film. I also would've loved to see that ending bit where the Predators invite Hiroko, how it would've looked like on screen.

While I liked the AvP films, this one feels like it sticks more true to the roots.

Wow, now that I heard it in the podcast, I'd love to see zero gravity combat!

You know how liquid turns into a sphere in zero g, imagine the Xenomorph acid spheres floating around melting whatever they touch. It makes wounding them so much more dangerous as you have less control in zero g unless you grab onto something and push yourself out of the way.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Dec 14, 2015, 01:15:12 PM
Wow, now that I heard it in the podcast, I'd love to see zero gravity combat!

You know how liquid turns into a sphere in zero g, imagine the Xenomorph acid spheres floating around melting whatever they touch. It makes wounding them so much more dangerous as you have less control in zero g unless you grab onto something and push yourself out of the way.

Exactly why I'd love to see that!

Anonymous

Anonymous

Actually, I wouldn't mind an AVP animated film(cartoon as opposed to cgi) that gets released straight to dvd/blu ray. Even if it's an hour and a half as opposed to 2 hours. That might be interesting if the voice acting and the script was decent enough.

HuDaFuK

Briggs' script is OK, but it falls apart by the end. The finale's a bit of a mess. It really needed tightening up. A shame we've never got the second draft because hopefully that would've improved on the problems.

Corporal Hicks

I'm hoping that will surface one day. I'd really love to see how it was tidied up.

HuDaFuK

Yeah.

Good articles anyway, I've only skimmed them so far but I'll have a proper read this afternoon. When I'm not busy watching space stuff ;)

Corporal Hicks

Haha. I've got it on my other monitor too. Had to get it set-up on a big TV monitor for another department too. Nice to see my work taking interest in it.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 15, 2015, 10:59:48 AM
Good articles anyway, I've only skimmed them so far but I'll have a proper read this afternoon.

To be fair, if you're read the script then the Early Days article will be of more interest. The breakdown is there for folk who haven't read the script.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Given them a read, great stuff. I never even knew the full "The Hunt" title, I'd always thought the project was just called Aliens vs. Predator. The fact it was done so quickly merely to garner interest certainly explains why the ending's a bit of a mess. Nice to hear some snippets about the second draft, too!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 15, 2015, 01:49:08 PM
The fact it was done so quickly merely to garner interest certainly explains why the ending's a bit of a mess.

I think it's really a good example of everything falling into place at the right time - obviously that didn't all hold together until the end but it all fell into place quickly early on.

QuoteNice to hear some snippets about the second draft, too!

Those were real treats for me. I'd had memories of that new opening sequences for the second draft for ages but I couldn't remember where I'd seen them confirmed. Had to go through all my old conversations to find the ones with Briggs.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2015, 01:58:26 PMThose were real treats for me. I'd had memories of that new opening sequences for the second draft for ages but I couldn't remember where I'd seen them confirmed. Had to go through all my old conversations to find the ones with Briggs.

Some of those quotes may have been appropriated for Xenopedia ;)

Corporal Hicks

No problem. Happy it's doing its job and getting some extra info out there.  :) The link in your sources bit is coming back to the wrong article though.

You helped out with this one yourself. I don't know if you noticed the picture?

HuDaFuK

I did. But it's OK, I won't be suing :P

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2015, 02:12:56 PMThe link in your sources bit is coming back to the wrong article though.

Fixed!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 15, 2015, 02:34:51 PM
I did. But it's OK, I won't be suing :P

Pft. You got credit. By common law that's all fair game, brother.  :P

In all seriousness though, I had a blast putting that one together.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2015, 02:39:43 PMPft. You got credit. By common law that's all fair game, brother.  :P

That I didn't notice! Cheers!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2015, 02:39:43 PMIn all seriousness though, I had a blast putting that one together.

Yeah, I really enjoyed reading through and researching the Alien 3 scripts when I did the pages for them on Xenopedia. Although Eric Red's was hard going... :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed