Alien: Ore Teaser Trailer Now Online! - Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 16, 2019, 06:39:37 PM

Author
Alien: Ore Teaser Trailer Now Online! - Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films (Read 38,511 times)

Sandman 7

Just watched Ore. Enjoyed that.

Haven't checked the cast list but the woman that was hugged and went back up in the lift looked just like Abi Franklin from Coronation Street  ;D

SM

QuoteThis is interesting. I did not know Fox had prescribed "stages" for each of the shorts, so that they fitted into an over all arc.

They haven't as far as I know.  What I meant was - it's the scene in the shuttle in Alien, or on the Sulaco in Aliens or on the Betty in Resurrection.  Stuff has gone down on the ship we see breaking up and the film is what happens when the characters think they've escaped.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, as Ridley Scott would say;

"So here I thought, an end, on an end, on an end and on an end. Brilliant."
Seen previously, the Alien surviving onboard the Narcissus, Sulaco and surviving a furnace.

TC

Quote from: SM on Apr 22, 2019, 10:03:47 PM
QuoteThis is interesting. I did not know Fox had prescribed "stages" for each of the shorts, so that they fitted into an over all arc.

They haven't as far as I know.  What I meant was - it's the scene in the shuttle in Alien, or on the Sulaco in Aliens or on the Betty in Resurrection.  Stuff has gone down on the ship we see breaking up and the film is what happens when the characters think they've escaped.

Oh, I see. I completely misunderstood you before, didn't I? LOL

And yes. You're right. Good call.

TC

HuDaFuK

Just watched this again.

The actress playing Hanks is fantastic.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://tongal.com/blog/articles/creator-interview-kailey-and-sam-spear-on-the-making-of-alien-ore

Interview via Tongal.

Apparently this was Tongal's biggest competition. It's great to know Alien's pulling power is still there.

The Old One

The Old One

It's Alien AP!

brokentusk420

Meh...so what all we are gonna get is rehashing of parts of the same story that we have already seen, only with inferior actors? I've yet to be impressed with any of these.

Its pretty obvious that we will not seen much of the creatures in any of these. Either for legal or budgetary reasons. Which makes these even less appealing to me. 

Stitch

Just watched this. It's by far the best of the releases so far, in my opinion. Well shot, well acted, and with good use of limited cgi.

Voodoo Magic

The only problem with this short is they spelled "or" wrong.

Imbeciles...

Huggs

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Apr 24, 2019, 08:07:10 PM
Meh...so what all we are gonna get is rehashing of parts of the same story that we have already seen, only with inferior actors? I've yet to be impressed with any of these.

Its pretty obvious that we will not seen much of the creatures in any of these. Either for legal or budgetary reasons. Which makes these even less appealing to me. 

It's the anniversary of the first film.

The money's not there, and we're not supposed to see much of them because they're in the spirit of the first movie.

Highland

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 25, 2019, 12:37:39 AM

Imbeciles...

I don't get it.

HuDaFuK

Alien: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Beast

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Highland on Apr 25, 2019, 02:42:25 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 25, 2019, 12:37:39 AM

Imbeciles...

I don't get it.

Because it's an awful joke. That's below Dad Joke level. Way below. Disappointed.

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Apr 24, 2019, 08:07:10 PM

Completely disagree. Containment does feel a little like that, but the rest, no. That said, they are supposed to evoke the Alien sensation and I think they're doing great.

People also have to remember these things were made with $35,000 and aren't exactly big screen productions. Personally, aside from the one, I've been really enjoying these Shorts and they've made so much with so little.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I feel like some people need to bear in mind what these productions had to work with.

A tiny budget and amateur crew don't forgive all their faults, but I'm gonna give them a lot more credit than if these were coming from a proper film studio. Considering what little they had to work with all of these have impressed me in one way or another. And Specimen and Ore have been downright remarkable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed