Thoughts about Blompkamp sketchs

Started by bioweapon, Mar 20, 2015, 04:48:32 AM

Author
Thoughts about Blompkamp sketchs (Read 9,812 times)

Xenomorphine

He's already said that after speaking with Ridley Scott about the 'Prometheus' sequel, some of the ideas had to be removed. It's most likely that this was to do with any Space Jockey-related elements.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 26, 2015, 07:46:30 PM
He's already said that after speaking with Ridley Scott about the 'Prometheus' sequel, some of the ideas had to be removed. It's most likely that this was to do with any Space Jockey-related elements.
Well Alien 5 has been confirmed and it is being made :(

Immortan Jonesy

So, there is nothing about this project in the current SDCC?

Corporal Hicks

Not that we've heard. I don't expect to really hear much towards the end of the year.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 26, 2015, 07:46:30 PM

That's a shame.  Prometheus was okay but I'd just as soon ignore it.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 01, 2015, 05:27:34 AM

Well, it's usually a good idea to stay on your producer's good side, so... :)

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Tru dat.  It just sucks because it was exactly what he wanted to avoid.  Didn't he say something like he was only going to make this movie if he could do it his way?   Already, he has to compromise.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 01, 2015, 12:24:09 PM
Tru dat.  It just sucks because it was exactly what he wanted to avoid.  Didn't he say something like he was only going to make this movie if he could do it his way?   Already, he has to compromise.
Bad start already that is why i think Neil should not direct it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 01, 2015, 12:27:27 PMBad start already that is why i think Neil should not direct it.

I've got absolutely no problem with Neill directing. In fact I welcome it, I love his visual style.

What does have me concerned is that's he's writing it.

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. He really needs strong help in that area. Or to just pass the story off to another writer. I do love his style too. I did really enjoy Chappie and I'm quite looking forward to picking up the dvd.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 01, 2015, 12:44:55 PM
Indeed. He really needs strong help in that area. Or to just pass the story off to another writer. I do love his style too. I did really enjoy Chappie and I'm quite looking forward to picking up the dvd.
I dont know judging by his films it is most likely a Aliens movie i think we have enough of that the last time we had a Alien movie was Alien 3 it is like star ship troopers with aliens that is my opinion.

ChrisPachi

The 'facility' and derelict/corpse images are great; It's all melting goo, egg-morphing kind of stuff. Fits perfectly with both Alien (mythologically) and Prometheus to my mind. It makes sense that the derelict, in oxygenated atmosphere and un-powered, would start to go gooey. Look what happened when they let oxygen into the chamber in Prometheus; the walls started to ripple, the goo went mental; a kind of bio-elemental chaos, whatever that actually means in context of the central 'monster'.

Ripley being encased in the 'pilot' gear is odd. This seems to go full-faced against Prometheus, which has that concept pretty unequivocally locked down; it's a suit that the pilots wear, with a helmet that they put on and take off. It also looks nothing like what Ripley is wearing, which is an odd Alien/Space Jockey hybrid suit that seems to me like a wonky attempt at bridging the visual gap between the pilot in Alien and the pilot in Prometheus and then throwing the whole lot into a muddy Alien puddle where they are all fundamentally the same thing. This one is fan art. Cool, but irrelevant.

But whatever happens, if Ripley and Hicks can save the day with a belt full of C4 and an old shotgun then this shit is DOOMED.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 01, 2015, 11:57:56 AM
Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 01, 2015, 05:27:34 AM

Well, it's usually a good idea to stay on your producer's good side, so... :)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 01, 2015, 01:11:50 PM
I dont know judging by his films it is most likely a Aliens movie i think we have enough of that the last time we had a Alien movie was Alien 3 it is like star ship troopers with aliens that is my opinion.

He likes 'Alien' and 'Aliens' pretty much equally (and has already said that the presentation style of 'Alien Isolation' has strongly influenced his vision for this project).

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 01, 2015, 04:35:44 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 01, 2015, 01:11:50 PM

He likes 'Alien' and 'Aliens' pretty much equally (and has already said that the presentation style of 'Alien Isolation' has strongly influenced his vision for this project).
We can only wait and see.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed