Crossplay why is it not implemented?

Started by acrediblesource, Oct 13, 2021, 08:19:07 PM

Author
Crossplay why is it not implemented? (Read 661 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Im not sure about why they did this, but why do you guys think there is no crossplay available? Theoretically x-box/ps/steam can co-exist. At least I know PS/Steam/Epic are completely compatible however not necesarily easy to friendlist people but random matches can coexist.

Do you think it is just that? Incomplete and  unmarketable? Are these technologies that troublesome to attain license  and support for?

Is it synchronicity issues? ping speeds standards?

SuperiorIronman

It's probably on the cutting room floor as Cold Iron probably needed the game to launch after a point and so it just wasn't implemented. The game changed hands a bit, looks like the devs bit off more than it could chew, and it was and still is pretty buggy. It's likely a technical issue they couldn't handle or had to cut in order to ship.

Voodoo Magic

They still can't get the bugs ironed out on same console platform play, how would they ever be able to manage crossplay?

Sorry if I'm grumpy but I am at a real pissed point with Cold Iron. A bud of mine decided to give A:FTE a try so I offered to join with him. Me PS4 Pro, him PS5. Long story short, he can't unlock the third and final mission in "The Only Way to Be Sure" campaign. We first blue screen errored when finishing the second mission before it, then played that f*cker three more times, followed by him talking to anyone or everyone with a question mark afterwards or not, and he can't unlock the third and final mission. So he's done. He said f*ck this game, and dammit, he's absolutely right to feel that way.

426Buddy

That sucks, sounds like the PS versions have the most issues. From what I'm hearing anecdotally anyway.

Personally I've experienced no crashes or broken levels since the initial patches on XB. I'm having a bug with Intel but thats been about it for weeks.

PsyKore

I don't see why crossplay can't be done. It's probably because it's a niche game and doesn't warrant enough interest from the companies involved to make it happen.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 15, 2021, 02:10:54 AM
That sucks, sounds like the PS versions have the most issues. From what I'm hearing anecdotally anyway.

Personally I've experienced no crashes or broken levels since the initial patches on XB. I'm having a bug with Intel but thats been about it for weeks.

Again, I apologize for yesterday's grumpiness. If the level didn't take +-30 minutes to run through each time we probably wouldn't have been so annoyed.  :laugh:

But that's awesome that the game performance has been more steady for you. And yeah, maybe that's the case. Maybe it's PC>XB>PS in regards to stability. It would be nice when people complain on social media about the problems they're experiencing they would call out which platform they're running it on. But PC appears to be the most stable for sure. (Though I know Darkness on PC couldn't unlock the Horde mode after talking to every NPC numerous times. I'll have to ask if he was finally successful or just gave up.)

Voodoo Magic

So I checked with Darkness and it wasn't an unlocking Horde mode issue, but rather he is experiencing the same thing my bud experienced, where he can't proceed with unlocking the rest of the campaign. He's stuck. So apparently it's happening on PC as well. :-\

Samhain13

Only problem I have gotten on steam is that I can unlock achievements like the ones about collecting intels, hats, emotes etc.

VeteranSergeant

I think part of it was the Sony stipulations for revenue sharing on crossplay, but also, given how much else in the game seems rushed or poorly implemented (no Quickplay, no dynamic maps, difficulty levels based on bullet sponging and ammo reduction, etc, I'd guess that it just got cut because of time, or the Devs didn't think it was necessary.

This game isn't quite a "case study" in bad game development, but it's close.  No Quickplay is probably the single greatest factor for its plummeting Player Counts.  No game should lose 90% of its player base in a month. But people got tired of playing that first mission over and over, or not being able to find human teammates through matchmaking.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed