Chances of Blomkamp's Alien Being Made: "Slim"

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 21, 2017, 01:28:06 PM

Author
Chances of Blomkamp's Alien Being Made: "Slim" (Read 41,687 times)

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Kurai on Jan 31, 2017, 12:15:09 AM
A TV show based on Aliens would have to be high budget to work, even then it could still come off unintentionally cheesy. That... And we all know some studio exec will just go "Well... Having Aliens on screen costs a lot... How about we make them telepathically posess humans instead, or shapeshift into people and only revert back on season finales?" It always goes that way... :'(

What? That would be wholly unnecessary. Just bring back the slow, foreboding, ominous sense of dread from Alien. Suspense is key.

Russ

I thought a Wey-Yu Files thing would work. Where two company agents start to uncover stuff and get more and more involved. You could have all sorts of fun with that, I reckon, and you could expand the universe beyond Xenos and Predators (so you could also have your cheaper body snatcher guys  as well)

Kurai

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Jan 31, 2017, 08:01:02 AM

What? That would be wholly unnecessary. Just bring back the slow, foreboding, ominous sense of dread from Alien. Suspense is key.

I agree whole-heartedly, but history is cruel to sci-fi with wholly inhuman appearences. Look at the Stargate series after the first movie, look at Falling Skys... Heck, look at the Starship Troopers sequels. They'll find a way to replace the Aliens with actors and they'll feature a lot to get the money's worth out of the actors. It would take someone really dedicated to helm the project and chances are they'd be given the sack by executives for going against stupid decisions.  :'(

Quote from: Russ on Jan 31, 2017, 09:40:37 AM
I thought a Wey-Yu Files thing would work. Where two company agents start to uncover stuff and get more and more involved. You could have all sorts of fun with that, I reckon, and you could expand the universe beyond Xenos and Predators (so you could also have your cheaper body snatcher guys  as well)

That could actually work bloody well, they could even call it "the Company". XD

I'm against the Aliens "2"/ Alien 3.2/ Alienkamp. Which is strange because I'd love to see it as well, I just hate the core idea of it. Blomkamp should definitely direct a future Alien film as well as oversee all the visual stuff but keep him away from the writing, please, that isn't his strong point.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Kurai on Jan 31, 2017, 01:20:44 PM
Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Jan 31, 2017, 08:01:02 AM

I agree whole-heartedly, but history is cruel to sci-fi with wholly inhuman appearences. Look at the Stargate series after the first movie, look at Falling Skys... Heck, look at the Starship Troopers sequels. They'll find a way to replace the Aliens with actors and they'll feature a lot to get the money's worth out of the actors. It would take someone really dedicated to helm the project and chances are they'd be given the sack by executives for going against stupid decisions.  :'(

Quote from: Russ on Jan 31, 2017, 09:40:37 AM

Bloody hell, why don't we combine these ideas and start a petition of our own? 8)

Scorpio

My estimation, 20th Century Fox release about 2 Alien films per decade, so Alien 5 will come out late 2020s after Ridley's final prequel is made.  Unless Alien Covenant performs below expectations (it won't bomb)

Aliensfanboy

To be honest I'm glad I'm not a fan of the idea of it being a direct sequel to Aliens and retconning Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection both of which I love I would much rather it was a stand alone sequel to the previous 4 films

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed