New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,301 times)

SM

Old video games weren't capable of recreating Hadley, so it's not a fair comparison.

Newer ones are, and this one was specifically promoted on the basis of its accuracy to the film - and it wasn't.

Thomas

Quote from: Russ840 on Jan 17, 2018, 10:26:21 PM
I really will be disappointed if this turns out to be a game That relies and focus' on online and multiplayer. I like me some single player action.

Pleased to get some game news though.

if you think anyone actually cares about single player anymore, then your in for a rude awakening. :(

Very few developers actually care about Single Player.

Very few gamers actually care about single player.

Considering the fact that most people responding to this dont have a problem with another online multiplayer shooter, doesn´t make it any easier.

I am a Singleplayer lover myslef but your almost considered an outcast for actually enjoying singleplayer games. I dont play many multiplayer games at all because i think its boring (running around shooting at others, die, respawn....repeat).

You want to make me care about playing online against others come up with something new.

How about a online game where you actually have to work together, the game punishes you for not coorparating. They could even tie trophies/achievements or progress into that gameplay mechanic. You actually loose your achievemnets/ trophies, and in doing so you wont be able to progress in the game until you start working together. :)

If this turns out to be what Aliens : Colonial Marines was promised to be (you have different classes doing different things, ie somone is on mothion tracker duty, one is smart gun, another is pusle rifle or shotgun), working as a team to get through the game then i will be all in.

Jinbob

Well I enjoyed avp still hoping it gets backwards compatibility on Xbox one but a.cm was a turd no other way to describe it other than the biggest disappointment on 360 and ps3 for what should have been a better game if Sega didn't give it to gearbox but alien isolation is brill beat horror game I've played for a long long time.but would be good for this new game to be the colonial marines game we should have got 4 player co-op each has their specific role multiplayer wasn't bad but could have been better let's hope this is the one

Perfect-Organism

I would love a scenario as we see in Aliens: Book Two by Mark Verheiden and Den Beauvais.  We get to see earth overrun, but we focus on the story of 2 or 3 people as they try to survive the night as they try to make their way to a spaceport on the outskirts of the metropolis...

Samhain13

Quote from: Thomas on Jan 20, 2018, 12:37:20 PM

if you think anyone actually cares about single player anymore, then your in for a rude awakening. :(

Now thats depressing, games for me are single player. The hell is a game without a plot? It have been like this for me since I was 5, it it weren't for their history and characters video games wouldn't had such a impact on my childhood. I still see multiplayer as a optional feature.

At least in Isolation they got it right.

Apollo

This sounds like it could go either way. We've still got the scars from Aliens Colonial Marines. Lets not get a repeat of that.
As for a story? we can only hope.

PsyKore

I really will be disappointed if this turns out to be a game That relies and focus' on online and multiplayer. I like me some single player action.

Considering the fact that most people responding to this dont have a problem with another online multiplayer shooter, doesn´t make it any easier.

I am a Singleplayer lover myslef but your almost considered an outcast for actually enjoying singleplayer games. I dont play many multiplayer games at all because i think its boring (running around shooting at others, die, respawn....repeat).

You can speak for yourself, but this is just flat out wrong. Doom 2016 is a recent example of single player being well recieved, and people were wanting more SP content for that game and less MP. Generally, strong SP campaigns are highly regarded.

Hiddensynapse

How many more years until we finally get AvP4? Considering how much money the last game made, you'd think we'd have one by now.

This sounds interesting, but AvP is PRIME to be an incredible competitive multiplayer game. Even the deeply flawed AvP2010 still has a die-hard playerbase.

Seriously, what gives? AvP did the whole "assymetrical multiplayer experience" well before Team Fortress, Natural Selection, Evolve, and Overwatch came along. Considering the success of most of these games, I'm surprised that we haven't gotten a new AvP yet.

People see "AvP" and scorn it for its unoriginality, when in truth, the original AvP is one of the most innovative and forward thinking multiplayer games of all time.

Thomas

Quote from: PsyKore on Jan 20, 2018, 09:36:33 PM

You can speak for yourself, but this is just flat out wrong. Doom 2016 is a recent example of single player being well recieved, and people were wanting more SP content for that game and less MP. Generally, strong SP campaigns are highly regarded.

I agree with you that there are indeed a few developers who gives us good single player games like the recent doom. Like the witcher series, the uncharted series etc. but they are few and far between, and many "Single Player" games end up getting some sort of multiplayer component added to them. Take a game like Dead Space 2.

Like i mentioned i dont have a problem with multiplayer or coop games but i need more incentive to play them other then running around and shooting at someone who are running around shooting at you. I reciently started playing rocket league and im loving it. I dont know if it counts when its a "racing" game.

What i meant overall is that we seem to get more and more multiplayer games then Single Player games.

You may disagree, but then we´ll just have to agree to disagree.... :)

Hemi

Quote from: SM on Jan 20, 2018, 09:06:49 AM
Old video games weren't capable of recreating Hadley, so it's not a fair comparison.

Newer ones are, and this one was specifically promoted on the basis of its accuracy to the film - and it wasn't.

Ever played the Bug Hunt  Tribute map m8? That one was pretty damn close. The ACM game was not, but that map though... very nice.

It Uses The Trees

It Uses The Trees

Seriously, why don't we have an AVP4 yet? SO weird.

PsyKore

Quote from: Thomas on Jan 21, 2018, 02:16:24 AM
Quote from: PsyKore on Jan 20, 2018, 09:36:33 PM

I agree with you that there are indeed a few developers who gives us good single player games like the recent doom. Like the witcher series, the uncharted series etc. but they are few and far between, and many "Single Player" games end up getting some sort of multiplayer component added to them. Take a game like Dead Space 2.

Like i mentioned i dont have a problem with multiplayer or coop games but i need more incentive to play them other then running around and shooting at someone who are running around shooting at you. I reciently started playing rocket league and im loving it. I dont know if it counts when its a "racing" game.

What i meant overall is that we seem to get more and more multiplayer games then Single Player games.

You may disagree, but then we´ll just have to agree to disagree.... :)

I just don't agree that very few developers and gamers care about single player: that's just hyperbole. They're also not few and far between. Unless you want a new one every week, single player games are still consistently released, and over the past years/decades single player games have always left their mark and been the most memorable.

Alienated

So I suppose it is safe to assume that any hope of a sequel to Alien: Isolation have gone out the window?

It seems like everything has to be given the CoD treatment these days...

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Bworko on Jan 20, 2018, 01:47:30 AM
Please a game with similar gameplay to "Natural selection 2".

Asymmetric gameplay.
2 teams : Xeno vs Marines.
Goal Marines : Destroy the Alien Hive.
Goal Aliens :. Destroy the APC.

Secondary goal : Control the most ressource point..
In alien, the ressource point generate a small hive with host.
In Marines, the ressource point generate a small camp with munition and fortification.

The resources allow leaders (Queen and officer) to unlock upgrade skill.

My dream alien game.

YES. My only complaint with Natural Selection 2 is that the controls can be wonky at the action plays like Counterstrike. But its been a while since I played that game.

Apollo

Quote from: Alienated on Jan 22, 2018, 05:15:21 PM
So I suppose it is safe to assume that any hope of a sequel to Alien: Isolation have gone out the window?

I'm not entirely sure how it works but if Sega have lost the Alien IP then does that mean that they have lost the the Alien Isolation rights? or because they published it do they still retain them? or does it fall on to Creative Assembly? or even onto the new IP holders?
My point being is it possible for it to be picked up again for a sequel at some point in the future?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed