Alien Isolation 2 possibly in development at CA.....

Started by Adam802, Apr 25, 2017, 07:46:23 PM

Author
Alien Isolation 2 possibly in development at CA..... (Read 8,534 times)

NeoXenoPred

That's a shame Alien Isolation don't have a sequel, but if we could make an Alien game, i will recommend multiplayer like Friday the 13th the game. It would look amazing to play as an Alien and the Survivors. For the maps i would recommend Nostromo or Hadley Hope.

Alien Grand Master

Quote from: NeoXenoPred on Jun 04, 2017, 02:51:19 AM
That's a shame Alien Isolation don't have a sequel, but if we could make an Alien game, i will recommend multiplayer like Friday the 13th the game. It would look amazing to play as an Alien and the Survivors. For the maps i would recommend Nostromo or Hadley Hope.

I think an alien player would be OP.  How will you get the player to run away from fire?  Or not sprint everywhere?  Or even worse team up with humans?

NeoXenoPred

That's right. That would be unbalanced. Aliens in other way are OP to human

TC

In my case, I'd like a super-duper beefed up remake of Alien:Crew Expendable.

One in which the other crew members (Parker, Lambert, Dallas, Ash, Brett) actually star as important roles in the game, not just walk-on/walk-off cameos like the current version. You would have to converse, cajole, argue, threaten, plead etc. with each of their accurately reproduced personalities in order to defeat the alien. It would need some incredible A.I. programming to achieve this (in a non-linear, branching gameplay environment) but there you go, that's my dream.

TC

Hemi

An Aliens take on Isolation is entirely possible, and could even tie into the ending of the first game.

Wasted opportunity if you don't tbh. Just adress the game like the first one, maybe expand multiplayer, and wheel in the cash.

To have 2 of these games with no valid conclusion to their story is just stupid. :'-(

Sagit

Quote from: TC on Jun 22, 2017, 10:29:39 AM
In my case, I'd like a super-duper beefed up remake of Alien:Crew Expendable.

One in which the other crew members (Parker, Lambert, Dallas, Ash, Brett) actually star as important roles in the game, not just walk-on/walk-off cameos like the current version. You would have to converse, cajole, argue, threaten, plead etc. with each of their accurately reproduced personalities in order to defeat the alien. It would need some incredible A.I. programming to achieve this (in a non-linear, branching gameplay environment) but there you go, that's my dream.

TC

So you want an adventure game like Walking Dead? I don't but you are on to something with this idea.

Inverse Effect

Hope it's true :D 

One of the most Optimized PC games ever haha.. :D

Sagit

I would prefer a spin-off kind of a thing with Newt.
It should start with her seeing her father give birth to the chesburster. Then aliens start to kidnap colonists and slowly everything goes to shit. After you are left alone in the colony you must survive for set amount of time until Colonial Marines arrive. Game should end with you meeting Ripley.
Gameplay mechanics might be sandbox survival/scavanging gameplay (you need food, water, shelter to sleep some clever tools to avoid xenos) while trying to contact somebody or maybe in an act of desperation go look for you mother or brother. Some day/night cycle would be great (they mostly come out in the night) so you might be able to explore much more safely in the day time (perhaps outside even).
Since you know there are many aliens it might be possible for you to kill one or two by setting a traps but continuing Isolation tradition not in the direct way. You can also encounter some survivors still holed up somewher, but since Newt would know she is not safe with adults she need to avoid them. She can use ducts that even aliens can't fit.
The Aliens AI should still learn but if you are careful they might not even know that there is someone left. But after few encounters they will start to look for you through the station.

Just a few of my ideas for the Isolation sequel.

XenoPop

Sounds like a great idea to follow Newt's story but I wouldn't consider it as Alien Isolation 2. With Amanda's story unfinished on a cliff-hanger, people would be ticked off about that sort-of thing. Although something like a DLC standalone game could happen using the same engine. Either way, it's a helluva intriguing idea!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed