Alien Anthology Coming October 25th

Started by Darkness, Jul 15, 2010, 10:23:27 AM

Author
Alien Anthology Coming October 25th (Read 22,837 times)

anon17657623

anon17657623

They should have included the two AVP movies as well. >:D

gyro

gyro

wow is it available in vhs?

"2003 Special Edition (Restored Workprint Version)"

There wont be Assembly cut ? but something new instead ?

Joe117

Joe117

How do I get ahold of the spewcial edition?

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

@YutaniDitch: "just for an hour or two of new extras"

...Have you ever WATCHED a film on blu-ray?

stemot

stemot

Pre ordered the collectors edition (well, my wife did). I don't even own a Blu-Ray player yet! ::)

Yutaniditch

Yutaniditch

Nope... I am pretty comfy with my Alien Quadrilogy on DVD...

I just want the NEW EXTRAS, not have the same movies twice... Waste of money, if you ask me...

I thought you were gonna say 'There are FOUR hours not two'... ;D  ;)

For me, the BR is only interesting if you have an HD TV... And even then, the difference to a good quality DVD is marginal for the sheer GB space it takes...

For $140,00, it isn't worth it...hence why I hoped there to be a DVD version of the New Extras... BUt I don't think FOX cares that much about Alien Quadrilogy owners...

::)

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Well, yeah, if you don't have an HDTV, I guess this isn't the set for you. No worries, I'm sure someone'll put those new extras up somewhere on the internet for you dvd guys...   ;)

JediMasterGabe

I really only want Aliens special edition on Bluray.

Joe117

Joe117

WheRe do you pre-order the collectors editions????

TheAncientEnemy

The art inside the packaging is atrocious and looks like the imagery for the original Aliens Vs. Predator game for the PC from way back when. I wish they would keep it classy instead of cheesing it up with bad artwork and aliens flying all over the place.

azrael55

the difference between a good BR disc and a good DVD is HUGE... i can only recommend comparing the dark knight DVD and BR. the opening sequence should answer all your questions regarding the (potential) picture quality of blu rays...

Ash 937

Blu-Ray or not, there is no need to pay $139.99 for these discs if most of the stuff is already in the Quadrilogy box set (and you own it).  And keep in mind, all of the new special features will make their way to the internet sooner or later anyway.

Not worth it.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Totally worth it (the discs anyway, I don't really care about the egg).  ;D

Little Sister

Oh and I just got the dvd Alien quadtrilogy 2 weeks ago for $25 oh well I'll give it to my brother for Christmas and get the blue-ray for myself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed