AvPR Rated 15 in UK

Started by Darkness, Dec 04, 2007, 07:00:27 PM

Author
AvPR Rated 15 in UK (Read 34,717 times)

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

R rating in USA is 17, there is no 15s only PG 13, 14 and R, so they don't have to worry.  You can find cheap ass crappy martial arts films that are 18 with no blood or a single swear word, but a mans face burning of by acid is acceptable?  I am really angry about this    >:(  

YAUTJA

YAUTJA

gotta admit, i wud av prefered a longer flick, but in an earlier interview, the bros described multiple action scenes, so hopefully the time will be taken up with a full-on action, suspence, nail biting, thrill ride.... which i kinda feel it will be?

jamieisking

jamieisking

cheers Mr. Weyland

konradski

konradski

remeber the board of classification has changed a hell of a lot over tme im an 80s video child and what passed fo 15 them is tantemount to pg now(also last i knew american parents can take their kids to see r rated films unlike the uk. nc17 is americas 18 in the uk need confirmation i havent read any of the shit for ages swearing takes a back seat and also remember if it looks like action killing its seen diffrently due to how its interpreted. like if its done in malice with human actors not rubber suited guys then it bears more of a resdemblance to life rather than fiction last i read as well the american mpaa views sex worse than violence again like i say its all moved on since saving private ryan 15 and jurassic park pg whats acceptable here in the uk as we seem to deem action flicks in a diffrent light now if they reclassed other movies in uk id bet alien would still be 18 n aliens would be 15 the reason being atmosspere of the original as opposed to an action oriented sequel and itchi the killer a u certificate lol

Starkiller

Starkiller

THIS SUCKS! i am so dissapointed! I mean the originals were 18 so should this movie! Fox promises one thing and deliever another, okay so if they havn't cut anything from the film thats cool! but as far as advertising goes another 15 AVP movie! Come On!  This f**king sucks!

FRANKASTER

FRANKASTER

sin city is a family movie in japan... so maybe when a jap tv channel got the rights for broadcast it, surely it'll be in open tv in a familiar channel at a very popular time like 4:00pm

YAUTJA

YAUTJA

who cares about ratings anyway? no one except the goody 2 shoes listen 2 them. iv wotched these movies for as long as i can remember, wen i was a kid i didnt want 2 whatch disney films or corny kids movies- i much prefered Arnie fighting off pred and Hicks fighting aliens, my oppinion-their pointless

Starkiller

Starkiller

I know films that were rated 18 back in the day would only be a 15 now! because time, people and film making has changed, But its the fact another 15 Certificate AVP movie, Its just makes the film tacky, cheap and for kids!    >:(    This news has put a sour taste in my mouth!!

Starkiller

Starkiller

so much for 'R' stands for R-Rated    :(  

Optimus Maximus Virus

Optimus Maximus Virus

I must admit I am dissapointed, but I suppose no cuts have been made to the film and its still way gory and violent that Alien, Aliens & Predator.  I suppose they have done this because more people can watch the movie, so fox make's more money    :-\  

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

FOX didn't have anything to do with this for once, its BBFC

I C 3 M 4 N

I C 3 M 4 N

Well uk fans (like myself) are going to be pissed. If this movie was 18 and had a slightly longer running time then that would have been the icing on the cake lol.

Red Rum

Red Rum

300 waa 15 certificate and that was violent and bloody. Nothing has been edited from the movie so relax guys its just a rating, american and uk audiences are different and the bbfc or whatever are different in both countries.     ;D  

killzonewithbladesandteeth

killzonewithbladesandteeth

having lived in both the UK and the US this is not really surprising to meI thinkt he UK has better tougher laws about at what age people should be allowed in to see certain types of movie for instance in the US I watched mothers taking children that looked as young as 3 or 4 to watch 28 days later and having to sit through the movie while their kids screamed because they didn't like what was going on. Yet in the UK if you are not 15 you ain't getting in to a 15 and people who work at cinemas will ask for proff of age. Bottom line is I dunno what people are getting upset about the 15 certificate this is still gonna be a great movie

pred_warrior07

pred_warrior07

Hahahaha!!   :D    Yeah....this is REALLY going back to the way it was eh?????    ::)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed