Alien's Sir Ian Holm Dies Aged 88

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 19, 2020, 12:28:43 PM

Author
Alien's Sir Ian Holm Dies Aged 88 (Read 10,954 times)

StrangeShape

Oh no, terrible news. Unfortunately we're reaching times when a lot of our aged favorites are falling ill or passing away and that is very unfortunate as we're reminded that time passes and everything ends. Very very sad news, he was a great actor

Richman678

Gave life to many iconic characters. His work speaks for itself. RIP sir!

son_of_kane

His portrayal of Ash will haunt me forever. He was just so sinister ("I can't lie about your chances...but you have my sympathies"). It's hard to believe the same actor played Bilbo Baggins. RIP to a true legend.

j0nesy

j0nesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 19, 2020, 04:35:21 PM
He seemed a bit reclusive, didn't attend conventions and stuff, so understandable. I understand he also declined voice work for Alien: Isolation?

supposedly, yeah! john hurt was the other one to decline lending his voice for the dlc, and sadly again, someone else who is gone  :(

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Did Creative Assembly ever say why they declined?

Although I suppose high caliber actors like Sir Holm and Sir Hurt might not necessarily have had the time or inclination for voice work.

Kailem

Kailem

Sad news indeed. He was always a highlight of anything he starred in. Ash was obviously great, but I really liked him in The Fifth Element too, and he was the definitive King Lear.

Thankfully we'll always have his films, and in those he'll live forever.

:(

:(

RIP Ian.

Elmazalman

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 19, 2020, 04:35:21 PM

He seemed a bit reclusive, didn't attend conventions and stuff, so understandable. I understand he also declined voice work for Alien: Isolation?
It's regrettable that he and Yaphet Kotto didn't participate in the 2003 documentary: The Beast Within: The Making of ALIEN.

Prez

Prez

Rest well Sir Ian. Thank you for your wonderful and memorable performances that will continue to be in our memories.

BlueMarsalis79

The appropriate words do not exist, I only hope he passed peacefully, goodbye my dear Bilbo.

razeak

razeak

We all have to go some day. Sad reality. RIP to one of the great ones.

JungleHunter87

RIP Ian. Thanks for all the great performances.

RidleyScott99

Sad news

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed