Your Loadouts

Started by Lie, Feb 13, 2013, 04:07:59 PM

Author
Your Loadouts (Read 6,323 times)

Lie

Lie

As the titles says and why.

Soldier Alien = Impale and Heavy claw

Cause it's an easy Tail, claw, dead move on.

Marine = Pulse Rilfe hotdog sight extended clip and pump shotgun. I'd use hicks but it doesn't have a grenade launcher.

RedHood

RedHood

Marine LVL 45 (Did all Marine and campaign challenges)
Pulse Rifle = firebomb launcher, extended clip, reflex site, magazine accelerator.
Pump Shotgun (need i say more)

Xeno Lurker LVL 13
Heavy strike
Enraged pounce
Adrenaline rush
Heavy chitin
Hyper metabolism
Breathless

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Marine level 20
Pulse Rifle, laser sight, tactical shotgun attachment
pump shotgun
claymore

Xeno Warrior level 11
Flurry
Impale
Hollow exoskeleton
hyper metabolism
in and out.

the speed and the power.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Hudson's Pulse Rifle
Hick's Shotgun
Gorman's Pistol.

Because it's an Aliens game. Forget all those attachments and mods. Damnit all.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I don't like the magazine accelerator for the PR; it makes it sound all funky and different. It's great hearing the bursts from PR's and Smartguns in between Alien screams around the level, really pulls you into it.

So many options for Xenomorphs, too, really nice. I paired Hollow Exoskeleton, Hyper Metabolism, and Adrenaline Rush on the Lurker and now he hauls super ass, almost like a black runner! Dodge is an incredible feature, too. I've straight dodged gunfire several times, and if these goddamned marines had any facial expressions, I'm sure they would be pants-shitting in nature. :laugh:

The Lurker is clutch in certain modes, for the Shockwave ability. It works, but hard to pull off like the rest of the pounces and you have to be pretty much adjacent to the marines to knock them down. It's a dream for barricade situations, though, as you can fly in and knock a few down to distract for a boiler or possibly your soldiers to run in and hack em up.

Anyone tried defensive curl yet? Another nice distraction option...

I'm just unlocking some of the last of the loadout upgrades, but the appearance customization ones take much longer and some can only be gained by completing challenges, I believe.

Njm1983

Njm1983

Right now Im low level, but I prefer the PR and Auto Shotgun and the claymore.

I prefer the PR with just the iron sight and extended mag. I find the red dot to not help much and im more inaccurate with it for some reason.

Im so terrible with the alien ive only got 1 mutation unlocked.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

i really wish i was better at using the lurker and spitter, i just can't seem to get the hang of them =/

RedHood

RedHood

Quote from: Byohzrd on Feb 14, 2013, 09:17:10 PM
i really wish i was better at using the lurker and spitter, i just can't seem to get the hang of them =/

Practice aiming at the ceiling at walls then jump to it and run on them. That will give you the Alien feel and confidence to attack from above with your tail. Never go head on, keep jumping and evading. Sneak, sneak, sneak if your spotted run away and try a different route. Find your best load out.

Spitters have a good Loadout when you unlock them. I like to get close in, he's not the fastest so add adrenaline. As for the rest I use the spray, acid slash, rupture (guaranteed kill or multi kill if close), and armor.

And the Lurker is just badass so just practice and pounce from places other then the floor. The ceiling evade move and regeneration is good for when you have to get away.

Finally... go to a private match and practice, practice, practice.

I'm not the best writer but I think you get the point.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Great advice. A lot of Aliens players seem to be getting more comfortable with walls/ceilings/vents. This makes the Alien gameplay much more effective.

And it's always worth mentioning that you'll do best with a team. Even playing with random people, it's easy to find other marines or Aliens and follow them. This will also help you get kills as you can enter the fight when you see a good opportunity and don't have to be the first one to charge in.

The teamwork is almost natural, like Left 4 Dead. They did a good job with it.

avpfan101

avpfan101

Ripleys pulse rifle and tactical shotgun with grenade launcher

Njm1983

Njm1983

Finally got some unlocks for my xeno.

I prefer the warrior

Flurry
Bludgeon
Hollow exoskeleton
adrenaline
in and out.

So much improved its almost over powered.

I wish the load outs for the marine could use different attachments for the same weapon. I also wish I could change them while in a match.

Lie

Lie

ACR

ACR

Colonial Marine Rank 40

Loadout 1

Primary Weapon

Battle Rifle

Alternate Fire: Armat Pro-Mine Launcher (Great way for a marksman to cover his flanks, even if it doesn't kill a Xenomorph, the explosion will warn you of their presence. They can also stick anywhere you place them, furthering it's usefulness. = D )

Attachment: Armat A14 Barrel Extension

Scope: Armat Smart Targeting Scope (Being able to see where your enemies are no matter what is a good thing. ^^ )

Skin: Jungle Boogie

Fire Mode: A19 High Velocity Ammunition (Being a marksman, you can worry less about your rate of fire because you'll want to be as far away from Xenomorphs as possible. = D )

Secondary Weapon

Assault Rifle

Alternate Fire: W-Y ID23 Incineration Unit (AKA: A Flamethrower attachment, I will confess to being slightly more of a Thing fan than I am an ALIENS and Predator fan, so i'm kinda hardwired to grab a flamethrower whenever I can. Only aliens that a flamethrower likely won't work well on is the Mars Demons from DOOM 3. xD )

Attachment: W-Y RE93 Absorbing Stock (Suppressing a rifle against an enemy that is more stealthy than you is pointless, making sure your bursts all hit a charging alien is far more important. xD )

Sights: W-Y S91 Dot Reflex Sight (Jesus Weyland-Yutani makes everything. = P )

Skin: Mean Green (AKA: Woodland Army Camo like the old BDUs the US Army used to wear.)

Fire Mode: Three Round Burst (I see the five round burst as a waste of ammunition and a quick way to run out of ammunition in a close encounter with the Xenomorphs.... = P )

Sidearm

Service Pistol

Attachment: Nothing (it's again. Kinda pointless to suppress a weapon because the enemy is far more stealthy than you, another reason is because you WANT your teammates to hear your shots so they know where the attack is coming from, you either want them to be able to help you in time, or at least know the attack came in that direction so they can get ready for it to come to them. XD )

Sights: Armat Laser Targeting System (Might as well, it's the only upgrade for the pistol in that category. XD )

Skin: Urban Jungle (Pretty sure there is no orange in any urban camo I know of.... Eh.. XD )

Fire Mode: A27 High Velocity Ammunition ( It's lowers your rate of fire, but not too badly. This also makes it the most powerful pistol you can carry, even more powerful than Vasquez's Pistol. )

Tactical Weapon

Tactical: Firebomb. (I love fire. xD )

Armor

Armor= Standard Issue Armor (I have not unlocked any armor at all yet. >_> )

Trait

Trait= None (Haven't unlocked any. DX )

Xenomorph Rank 16

Xenomorph Spitter Loudout

Primary Attack

Primary Attack= Spit ( I like playing the Marksman role when being a spitter. = D )

Secondary Attack

Secondary Attack= Flurry (Because it's effective if you get caught in close combat or surprised, also it's kinda funny to watch your xenomorph flail around like a psychopath. xD )

Ability

Ability= Adrenaline Rush (Being able to run and regenerate health is a good thing for a Spitter, you wanna get to a good high place as quickly as possible or to flee and also to be able to recover your health as quickly as possible so you can go back to harassing Marines. = D )

Carapace

Carapace= Heavy Chitin (Your a spitter, you need all the health you can get. It also strengthens your chances of surviving a counterattack by Marines armed with Battle Rifles. = D )

Trait

Trait= Heightened Senses (Like with the smart scope of a Marine Battle Rifle. Being able to see everything for the most part is a good thing for a marksman..... Well, Marksmorph, but you know what I mean. = D )

Fatality

Fatality= Acid Rain (I have not seen what happens to a Marine if they caught with this yet. DX xD )

(Oh wow, that took a good while to type all down. I was planning on putting all 5 of my Marine Loadouts and the Loudouts of my Soldier and Lurker Xenomorph, but now seeing the length of this post I'm thinking better of that. Plus it would also be a pain to read it all.... DX )

Also here is my Marine, not really impressive looking I know, but I still love him nonetheless. xD

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Lurker- 'Runner' Load-out-

Quick-strike= easier to handle than the Flurry swipes, but sacrifices your attack mobility.
Enraged-Pounce= longest jump and certainly acts as an alternative to the Escape ability.
Adrenaline-Rush= gives you that AlienĀ³ Runner feel, plus it helps with health-regen.
Hollow-Exoskeleton= this one works out well, if you play your cards right. Marines usually panic when they see an Alien going like a runaway freight train.
Hyper-Metabolism= turns the freight train into an SR-71, enough said.  :laugh:

Be sneaky, be quick...and kill away. :-*

Predaker

Predaker

Warrior Alien (Soldier)

Primary: Flurry
Secondary: Impale
Ability: Adrenaline Rush
Carapace: Hollow Exoskeleton for TDM/Extermination, Heavy Chitin for Escape/Survivor
Trait: Bloodlust
Fatality: Constricted, In and Out, Rise Above

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed