Biehn Interview - Newt's Inclusion Confirmed

Started by Xenomorphine, Nov 20, 2015, 01:28:22 AM

Author
Biehn Interview - Newt's Inclusion Confirmed (Read 46,667 times)

Perfect-Organism

This is awesome!  Great to see the spirit of Blomkamp's film is being kept alive.

The passing of the torch idea could have some pitfalls with it.  I mean remember how the last Indiana Jones installment played out?  That was basically about passing the torch.  The new Star Wars seems to be about passing the torch.  We'll see how that pans out.

I think that going after an idea vaguely similar to the original Mark Verheiden Aliens series from Dark Horse is not a bad idea but some serious changes have to be made.  Firstly, the whole idea of the Elephant-nosed Alien is passé because of Prometheus, and everything from Aliens Earth-War needs to be discounted as its simply not that good.  But I think the idea of having an infestation on earth playing out IN THE BACKGROUND as opposed to in the foreground would be an interesting thing to do.  You don't have to show the Aliens literally invading every city one by one.  Sometimes, the less you say, the louder the message is.  It is better to tell a very personal story of Hicks, Ripley's and Newt's struggles in the context of a large scale earth infestation rather than focus on the infestation itself.  You have to admit, the whole objective of the Aliens films is to avoid the infestation and destruction of earth.  So the natural conclusion of the series is to let it happen and to deal with the repercussions.  To not do that, would be to sell short.

...and for pity's sake, please no time travel.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 20, 2015, 03:24:34 PM

I don't think we have to worry about that.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 20, 2015, 03:25:33 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 20, 2015, 03:24:34 PM

I don't think we have to worry about that.

It's just a feeling I have about the Prometheus films.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 20, 2015, 03:14:43 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Nov 20, 2015, 02:48:15 PM
Alien 3 fans,its over,we lost and Alien 3 is being retconned.

Depending on how the retcon is handled.. we'll see.. If they use memory implants or dreams, then we've truly lost.

If they don't acknowledge Alien 3 in anyway, ignoring it like many films have done with less than popular sequels... we maybe okay. Cause then Alien 3 will be OURS. Forever.
But the characters ,the story, the ending all to great.It is like the fear expansion packs were retconned because of the shitty FEAR 3 i dont want the same thing to happen.

Shamo

27?? Then I want some Nude Newt!!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Shamo on Nov 20, 2015, 04:15:06 PM
27?? Then I want some Nude Newt!!

Here you go:

Spoiler
WARNING: NSFW
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Corporal Hicks

^^ Well played, sir!

Shamo

Aaaah. So thats what a Newt is..... thx ;)

predxeno

I remember that A:R was originally going to star a clone of Newt instead of a clone of Ripley, I do like the idea that that idea still lives on in NB's Alien 5.

Robert Diedrich

Robert Diedrich

I would like to make an appearance in Alien 5 if it comes out? Cause originally I was suppose to be in the Movie The Ringer But that was Cancelled when my Special Olympics Team found out what a rotten person JONNHY Knoxville was. So I would very Much like anther chance if so?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2015, 04:05:54 PM

....What?

Whiskeybrewer

Its still sad to me that Alien 3 looks like its on the outs. But if it happens I want Jennifer Lawrence for the pure giggles to play and adult Newt. Neil Blomkamp presents Alien : Hunger

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 20, 2015, 07:05:19 PM
Its still sad to me that Alien 3 looks like its on the outs. But if it happens I want Jennifer Lawrence for the pure giggles to play and adult Newt. Neil Blomkamp presents Alien : Hunger

I thought Jennifer Lawrence would be good too...

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 20, 2015, 07:02:13 PM

....What?

Double what??  Corporal do you know something we don't?  Time travel?  Seriously?  Aww Bro.  Noo!!

RakaiThwei

Its still sad to me that Alien 3 looks like its on the outs.

I'll only consider Alien 3 as truly gone if this movie renders them dreams..

But... I'm curious, where are people getting time travel from? If that is true... well... alternate timelines? Like... Know what.. we don't know anything, so, until more comes out.. just sit this one through.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 20, 2015, 07:39:48 PM

I thought Jennifer Lawrence would be good too...

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 20, 2015, 07:02:13 PM

....What?

Double what??  Corporal do you know something we don't?  Time travel?  Seriously?  Aww Bro.  Noo!!

Though its unlikely, there's a possibility of time travel playing a role in Alien Covenant. After all Ridley Scott has admitted that Ripley will have a preference in some shape and form. Will this be an attempt to tie it into Neill Blomkamp's movie? However I highly doubt it and I hope that's not what they're going for.  :-[

Do any of you wonder what Neill Blomkamp's feeling are regarding Prometheus and its element of demystifying the Alien series which he is such a big fan of?

I highly doubt he'll acknowledge the event of the Prometheus films in his upcoming Alien 5/retcon movie. I wonder if he's put on the spot in and interview and questioned about it how he'd respond. he'll probably react like this... A animated parody of JJ Abrams avoiding to admit he hates the Star Wars prequels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4QfcXeZyhQ

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed