Do you think we will see the derelicts holo-recordings in Alien 5?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Mar 29, 2015, 03:41:40 AM

Author
Do you think we will see the derelicts holo-recordings in Alien 5? (Read 5,213 times)

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

I was wondering, since we didn't have a direct prequel to Alien explaining what events transpired within the derelict engineer craft, whether in Blomkamps film will we see weyland yutani or Ripley and co access the derelicts holo-records, like we see in prometheus. This will give us a hint of what visually happened and leads to the dead engineer sending it's warning before it's chest burst That wouldn't tread on the toes of a prometheus sequel, whilst explaning what actually happened and indirectly ackowledging prometheus, so some questions are answered without going into too much detail. If David accessed the juggernauts technology quite easily in prometheus, androids by the time of Alien 5 should be alot quicker and able explore the derelicts technology in more detail.

NickisSmart

I really wasn't a fan of the holograms, over all.

whiterabbit

The holograms sucked UNLESS they sucked because our humans eyes were unable to properly interpret them. Which I will assume was the case.

Infected

the holograms where terrible, how could an advanced species look back at those recordings?? they had to run over the whole facility to see what happened to their mates who died, so following the hologram would lead the rescue party or survivors straight to certain death. LoL
No it was terrible.

NetworkATTH

Nah. It fits in Prometheus' setting, not really here. Plus, the derelict is so bruised and battered and bloated and decomposed, if it's even the same Derelict in the concept art, I doubt it would be capable of much.

Local Trouble

I prefer the solid, three-dimensional graphics used by the Kryptonians in Man of Steel.  The engineers should use something like that.

Gash

The holograms are 2000 years old, you expect them to look pristine? Of course they should look degraded.

Corporal Hicks

I really liked the holograms. Would be really interesting to see more of the Derelict's past. Or even if it's not the same ship as in in Alien, would be nice to see some more history.

oduodu

well i hoped for a scene just like that but very vague and only bits and pieces. not the whole thing explained outright.

that's be cool

and definitely in holograns

YESS !!!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Gash on Mar 30, 2015, 12:34:42 AM
The holograms are 2000 years old, you expect them to look pristine? Of course they should look degraded.

Did they record the holograms on VHS tape?

Corporal Hicks

Regardless of format, data corrupts.

Never say no to Panda!

Corporal Hicks

Doesn't mean it might not still corrupt. Sure, might mean it doesn't. It'll do whatever the story requires it to but it's not unreasonable.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Archival quality DVD's are already available with a claimed lifespan of over a 1000 years.

One would think that an ultra advanced interstellar space faring species could do even better.

Corporal Hicks

You would. But there's all sorts of other mitigating factors. Was the storage damaged? Was some other system damaged? etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed