What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 150,728 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Well, I'd been watching Aliens since I was 5 but it wasn't until I was 10 than I became a fan. I was forced to sit down and watch it all and finally became obsessed. Soon enough I was playing AvPGold, visiting AvPNews - I remember actually lurking the forums until I was old enough to sign up. Then...when I learnt HTML, I made AvPWorld and that led me on a path to here.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

the first time i saw aliens and predator, i was like 8 years old, i get pretty scared hahaha, dont know why but i became a fan  :D A HARDCORE FAN!!!  8)

Nihil

Nihil

The commercials for the fist predator movie.

I was about 7 or 8 at the time.

I dreamed of what the predator was and what he was all about.
The next year I saw the movie and it was everything I expected and more.

The predator is kind of like a hero to me.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Nihilus on May 01, 2007, 02:16:46 AM
The commercials for the fist predator movie.

I was about 7 or 8 at the time.

I dreamed of what the predator was and what he was all about.
The next year I saw the movie and it was everything I expected and more.

The predator is kind of like a hero to me.
cute.......

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I saw Predator when i was four years old, and i thought that the pred was the coolest thing i saw since batman returns, coincidentally i also the alien movies when i was four, in a FOX tv special that showed all three movies, and i also thought that those aliens were awesome, then i started buying toys, and later had little fights with them, not knowing that an actual Alien vs Predator comic book even existed. 13 years later and i'm still a major fan of these two sci-fi creatuers, THE BEST designs for any costumes EVER.

Predboy

Predboy

I became a fan during the summer before I went to the 6th grade. I played avp extinction and when I played the preds, using all there cool weapons and seeing how badass they were, that made me interested in them. After I started watching the movies, I got hooked for life.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

I remember my Dad had bought a few brand new Videos from a guy in the local Pub back in 1990 and Aliens was one of them.  My mum wouldn't let me watch it because it was an 18 certificate.  So one night i snuck down stairs and watched it while everyone was in bed  ;D And when i finished watching it i was like  WOW! F*CKING HELL! so i watched it again straight away. Then i saw a copy of Alien in a video store and i learnd it was the first movie to Aliens.  Again wasn't allowd to watch it so i borrowd a copy off my friends Dad (when i say borrowd i nicked it  ;D) and watched it in Private.  Been an Alien fan ever since  :D it was the second movie that got me hooked. Then wheni saw the first i was blown away.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

would anyone belive me if i said i have been a fan girl for less then a month and yet im really obsesed with avp?  ???

fluxcap

fluxcap

You've been a member for about five days and you already have 60 posts under your belt, I believe you. ;)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: fluxcap on May 04, 2007, 04:02:33 AM
You've been a member for about five days and you already have 60 posts under your belt, I believe you. ;)
{grins and glomps him purring}

Ansul

Ansul

At first it was watching AvP. Meh, not great, but pretty wicked.

Then I saw the Predator movies, and I thought that the Preds were the bomb.

But one night, this year, Alien Resurrection came on, and I watched it, then Alien 3, then I watched Alien at my dad's. I got hooked onto the Aliens.

Now my older bro and I have fights about who would win all of the time.

This site did the biggest in it, though. Just looking at it, I can tell that it's been up and running for a long time. Which really says: Hey, this site on AvP has been up for a long time, which has to mean something.

So everything came together for me quickly. Thanks to Wikipedia's similar links.

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

I saw the Alien movies when I was 6-7 years old. I instantly became interested in the creatures and started drawing them. Then came a time when I was around 12 and saw Predator. For me, it was the best movie. I watched Predator2 a year after that.

Frankie

Frankie

Ehehe, sadly, I got hooked by watching AvP in theaters.  With Ansul, actually! ^-^ That was back before I was nerdy and cool :3 And now I looove Aliens! Though I've never seen any of the Predator movies... T.T I gotta work on that.  But actually, I probably wouldn't have gotten into AvP unless Anny had introduced me into the world of Star Wars.  Ahh, Star Wars, my introduction into a world of fun!

And so, through Anny I fell in love with Star Wars, then AvP! ^-^ Hooray!  Though I'm probably not a 'true' fan to most of you, having not seen any of the other Alien movies except for Alien itself... T.T I feel so inadequate...

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

Well i became at the age of 7 cause i was watching tv and my mom and sister put in a movie they said i would like it I LOVED IT after that i was obessed with predator i saw his second movie a week later it drove me nuts seeing the net gun.But what really had me hooked was how the predator acted in the first movie hunting them skinning them alive and how he had the collection of skulls on a tree.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

For me, it was about 1984/85 (I was roughly ten years old at the time), my mother let me bring the TV into my room to watch a late night showing of a science fiction film I had only heard about in passing.  A friend had told me he really liked it, so there I lay in my bed with the lights out and watched ALIEN for the first time.

I have never shit so hard in my life.  From the facehuger onwards, I barely breathed.

Hooked ever since.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed