Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon?

Started by Oasis Nadrama, Jan 28, 2019, 09:34:01 AM

Author
Canon does not exist so... What is YOUR Alien versus Predator canon? (Read 22,560 times)

SM

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 29, 2019, 09:19:30 AM
Indeed.

But what would we do without the is "X" Canon arguments?

Although I think my head would explode if I saw either F&S, TRW or Titan Trilogy regarded as Canon. :laugh:

Post pics

The Old One

The Old One

Roods. No noods.

No... AP.
Spoiler

Contradicts/doesn't align w'the films = Non-Canon. The aforementioned material.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

Gearbox's ACM = "Canon" once,
Randy Pitchford lol.
:D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

This can change like ACM's status did (Praise the lord). As it stands, this is where we're at.

Prometheus, Covenant, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection. All books after (and including) Out of the Shadows (though only some of Bug Hunt. Hell if I know which). All comics after (and including) Fire and Stone. All games after (and including) Isolation.

The Cruentus

Problem is that Covenant does affect the Shadow trilogy and probably the Rage one as well. Aliens are depicted as being ancient in those books, having killed off another civiliation centuries before the Marion mining peeps found their bodies.

Necronomicon II

They'll just have to change those aliens to Neomorphs now, easy fix.  ;D

The Cruentus

If only it could be that easy. The book describes them as looking like the aliens, black, acid blood and Ripley recognizes them.

Necronomicon II

Yes indeed, they'll just have to make some revised editions. Not that they will, mind you lol

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 29, 2019, 12:05:08 PM
Problem is that Covenant does affect the Shadow trilogy and probably the Rage one as well. Aliens are depicted as being ancient in those books, having killed off another civiliation centuries before the Marion mining peeps found their bodies.

That's going to depend on where a potential third prequel takes that Alien creation angle. If Scott continues down the current road it's going to wipe out Titan's current stuff (aside from Cold Forge).

Necronomicon II

Frosty Venom

My current personal canon includes:

Predator: 1718
Predator: Hell Come a Walkin'
Predator: Nemesis
Predator: The Bloody Sands of Time
Predator: Blood on Two-Witch Mesa
Predator
Predator: Concrete Jungle (comic/novel)
Predator: Cold War
Predator: Big Game
Predator: Bad Blood
Predator: Dark River
Predator 2
Predator: Hunters
Alien vs. Predator
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
Predator: Turnabout
Predator: South China Sea
Predator: Prey to the Heavens
Predators: Preserve the Game
Predators
The Predator: Hunters and Hunted
The Predator
Aliens vs. Predator: Eternal
Predator: Concrete Jungle (game)
Prometheus
Alien: Covenant - Origins
Alien: Covenant
Alien
Alien: Isolation (comic)
Alien: Isolation
Aliens: Defiance
Aliens: Resistance
Aliens: Alchemy
Alien: Out of the Shadows
Alien: River of Pain
Aliens
Alien: The Cold Forge

This is where there is a divergence in the timeline. It has nothing to do with time travel or anything like that but simply the hypothetical of parallel universes. There are approximately 3 self-contained realities co-existing with the main timeline making up a multiverse of sorts. Depending on what happens to Ripley, Newt, Hicks and Bishop whilst in cryo-sleep in the Sulaco on the way back to Earth decides the future of that particular timeline.

The main timeline is:

Alien 3
Alien: Resurrection
Aliens: Original Sin

The first alternate reality is:

Aliens: Outbreak
Aliens: Nightmare Asylum
Aliens: Female War
Aliens: The Alien
Aliens: Genocide
Aliens: Harvest
Aliens: Horror Show
Aliens: Music of the Spears
Aliens: Crusade
Aliens (2009 short story)
Aliens: More Than Human

Second alternate reality:

William Gibson's Alien 3

The third:

What ever Neill Blomkamp's film was to become.

From here the rest of the material I'm going to list I include in all timelines:

Aliens: Tribes
Aliens: Renegade
Aliens: Colonial Marines (comic)
Aliens: Rogue
Aliens: Backlash
Aliens: Labyrinth
Aliens: Salvation
Aliens: Stronghold
Aliens: Frenzy
Aliens: Mondo Pest
Aliens: Mondo Heat
Aliens: Lovesick
Aliens: Purge
Aliens: Kidnapped
Aliens: Survival
Aliens: Wraith
Aliens: Apocalypse
Aliens: Once in a Lifetime
Aliens: Fast Track to Heaven
Aliens: Inhuman Condition
Aliens: Dead Orbit
Aliens: Dust to Dust
Aliens vs. Predator (original comic series)
Aliens vs. Predator: Blood Time
Aliens vs. Predator: Duel
Aliens vs. Predator: War
Aliens vs. Predator: The Web
Aliens vs. Predator: Three World War
Aliens vs. Predator: Deadliest of the Species
Aliens vs. Predator: Pursuit
(Not all comics are listed because the list is already long enough but I tried to include the most important ones.)
Aliens versus Predator 2/Primal Hunt
Aliens versus Predator: Extinction
Aliens vs. Predator (2010)
Alien: Sea of Sorrows
The Rage War
(Most but not all short stories from the Bug Hunt and If It Bleeds anthologies are also included)

"The Word of God" of what is and is not canon to me would need to be an official statement from Fox.

I tend to consider the director and assembly cuts canon though the Runner gestated in a dog. So that means yes to eggmorphing, sentry guns, royal facehugger and the capturing of the Runner.

Until David is confirmed as the outright creator of the Xenomorph species I can easily consider AVP canon.

Relating to the founding of Weyland-Yutani - Charles Bishop Weyland inherited the family's satellite mapping company Weyland Industries. Under the young Weyland's supervision, the family business grew to be the largest satellite systems operation in the world within a decade. Weyland's business success was offset by personal misfortune when he was diagnosed with advanced bronchogenic carcinoma — lung cancer. Days after his 14th birthday, Peter Weyland is granted a Method Patent for a synthetic trachea constructed entirely of synthetically-engineered stem cells in an attempt to save his father/relative. But at around the same time, 3 October 2004, Weyland Industries Satellite PS-12 detected a heat bloom beneath the Antarctic island of Bouvetøya, which revealed an ancient pyramid complex buried deep beneath the ice. Charles decided that he didn't have the time for the operation and risk the discovery falling in to competitor hands and so quickly assembled an expedition to investigate the discovery. 8 years later Peter Weyland founded the eponymous Weyland Corporation using his inherited assets and the groundwork his father/relative layed out before him with Weyland Industries.

My personal canon towards the Engineers: 4,600,000,000 BC - Space Jockeys/Pilots create Engineers. 3,200,000,000 BC - Space Jockeys unleash Xenomorphs creating a universal wave of extinction. Pilots almost successfully exterminate Engineers before the Xenomorph infestation backfires on them, wiping them out. The Engineers create the Black Pathogen using Xenomorph samples and start to seed the universe with new life using a form of the Black Pathogen in combination with their own DNA. A cycle of life and death/creation and destruction.

Nightmare Asylum

Prometheus
Alien: Covenant
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien: Resurrection

And, depending on how I'm feeling, Alien: Isolation. It is the one piece of expanded universe material I've experienced that really feels like it deserves to sit alongside the films.

The Old One

The Old One

TCF > Isolation IMO

& Canon, friend.
No fanfiction.

yhe1

Do we have a list of what FOX currently considers canon?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed