Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 27, 2020, 07:07:52 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Thread (Read 21,437 times)

Wweyland

Read on Reddit that others have the mouse inversion issue as well. Also, still unable to to do a stealth kill, even if I press and hold the left mouse button.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: acrediblesource on Mar 28, 2020, 01:28:15 PM
NOTE the dead body that you need to Claim your Trophy on is a random designated one. You've taken screenshots of the bodies but obviously the one that is marked- which also should show up floating on screen or on your map- is not there. I think this was on purpose. That got me too as you would think the last person you killed should be the one and every kill should have that common trait to claim one. but for the purpose of the tutorial --they made it random so you should go find it on your map. hense in the middle of combat, you dont really want to hang around the dead while being shot at if you're already spotted.

If not on the minimap, you have to look around and see if it is far off in the distance as I encountered my Claim Trohpy guy in the second last part of the map in the jungle.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 28, 2020, 01:21:39 PM
Very annoyed. I spent over two freaking hours trying to complete the tutorial last night. I tried maybe six or seven times. Each time it never let me finish the Predator tutorial because I couldn't claim the trophy by ripping out the boss's skull and complete the objective. I tried rebooting. Studied the controls in case I was missing something. Watched YouTube videos in case I was missing something. Still it told me to claim the trophy, but it wouldn't let me claim the trophy and time would frustratingly run out - every time.

I went on the Illfonic forum and apparently I'm not the only one experiencing the problem. Apparently the claim trophy bugs out and is not over the body somewhere but stuck in the air, where you can possibly jump from a high tree over it and if you're lucky, time your buttons right and set it off.

If I didn't love Predator and already pre-ordered the damn game, and was on the fence about buying it, I would have walked away and said hellz no!  And guaranteed, some will walk over this and they won't waste time registering on Illfonic's forum to report it. Is this even advertised as a BETA? Damn Illfonic when you can't even get your tutorial bug free.

Wrong. I already thought of that. I checked every body, not just the boss to be safe. And the trophy marker pointed me away from them, in the air. Please don't pretend to know the problem.

https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/cannot-claim-trophy-in-tutorial/52/6

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 28, 2020, 01:21:39 PM
If I didn't love Predator and already pre-ordered the damn game, and was on the fence about buying it, I would have walked away and said hellz no!  And guaranteed, some will walk over this and they won't waste time registering on Illfonic's forum to report it. Is this even advertised as a BETA? Damn Illfonic when you can't even get your tutorial bug free.

They used a 'trial' name which can be considered as a beta. Otherwise a demo would have been put out like a week before game's launch.

SuperiorIronman

I encountered the trophy bug where the guy just despawns. The tutorial however doesn't seem to be required and there's nothing all that special about completing it anyways. I played the tutorial a few times though and only encountered the bug once.

Corporal Hicks

I experienced the trophy claim bug too. Just I restarted it and did it second time. Honestly, I'd put it down to doing the slam leap on him. But ultimately, it's just the tutorial and there's still time left for Illfonic to take feedback into account.

molasar

I wonder what a real budget of the game is to compare it quality wise to other projects with a similar one.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Anyone fancy joining RidgeTop and I in around 3 or 4 hours for a party of the stream?

SuperiorIronman

I'd be interested in joining in but I don't know how fun I'd be since I don't do mics.

Just had a match where we managed to make it to the end and the optional objective was way back. About 200 meters farther from where we needed to go. Still a member of the fireteam and I stayed back to consider it and we got swarmed with enemies. Then the Predator showed up and while I got killed the other guy managed to bring it down but let it start the self-destruct. Foolishly he's still shooting at it as the energy is building up and I'm just on the other end screaming "NOOOO HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THESE MOVIES?!". We proceed to blow up.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 28, 2020, 02:19:48 PM
Then the Predator showed up and while I got killed the other guy managed to bring it down but let it start the self-destruct. Foolishly he's still shooting at it as the energy is building up and I'm just on the other end screaming "NOOOO HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THESE MOVIES?!". We proceed to blow up.

If you manage to kill Predator whilst the energy is building up, it will cancel the self-destruction.

Vulhala

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 28, 2020, 02:07:52 PM
Anyone fancy joining RidgeTop and I in around 3/4 hours for a party of the stream?

I'm DL'ing it now then I'll be up for a few games, mate.

SuperiorIronman

I only just realized  the purple colored pickups looks like it's discarded parts of Predator equipment and armor. If the Predators spend a hefty amount of time in the area I can imagine they would've dropped a few bits.

I can tell the combistick is quickly becoming Predators BFF because these are just tearing through large groups. I saw on Reddit people complaining the Predator is underpowered so I guess it's just waiting to get the spear and they're all set. I haven't seen too many use the netgun yet.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 28, 2020, 02:19:48 PM
I'd be interested in joining in but I don't know how fun I'd be since I don't do mics.

As long as you can hear us, that's fine mate.

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 28, 2020, 02:36:45 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 28, 2020, 02:07:52 PM
Anyone fancy joining RidgeTop and I in around 3/4 hours for a party of the stream?

I'm DL'ing it now then I'll be up for a few games, mate.

Drop us a friend request, Vul!

Vulhala

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 28, 2020, 04:09:23 PM
Drop us a friend request, Vul!

Are you on PC or PS4, mate?

fluxcap

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 28, 2020, 04:09:17 PM
I can tell the combistick is quickly becoming Predators BFF because these are just tearing through large groups. I saw on Reddit people complaining the Predator is underpowered so I guess it's just waiting to get the spear and they're all set. I haven't seen too many use the netgun yet.

I played a game where myself and other members of the Fireteam ran into a storage container to hide from some plasmacaster spam (Dumb, I know). As we were reloading and healing, the predator drops down with a combistick and just carved through all four of us with no effort in under 4 seconds. Unless my teammates all had super low health and I didn't realize...that's a touch too powerful I think.

There are perks locked out of the trial that gives you more health and reduced predator damage, those may become crutch perks if the combistick is that powerful.

Otherwise I'm enjoying the game alot. Aside from the derpy enemy AI, however I would say their AI is accurate to 80s action movie henchmen, so good job Illfonic I guess? Haha

Look forward to playing with some members!

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed