Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2

Started by ShadowPred, Oct 27, 2013, 05:03:04 AM

Author
Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2 (Read 55,791 times)

Infected

Quote from: SM on Nov 01, 2013, 05:43:45 AM
Apart from that whole getting impaled thing...

I don't get the whole 'Vickers might've have survived' thing.

Did people really want to see the bloody smear she left behind?  Is not the crunching and abrupt cut off scream not enough?
Didnt see the blood no, but i was saying it because it was just such a simplistic stupid death scene.
But you never know maybe she was an android cos Janek doesnt say it for nothing and we never get the answer only the "my quarters" scene.
but nevertheless if the second Prometheus will only revolve around Shaw and David they have to come up with some good sheit.

Rong

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 01, 2013, 05:55:36 AM
Quote from: Rong on Nov 01, 2013, 04:40:30 AM
VIKKARS IS A RoBOOBOPPP MANG
Charlize Robop
You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you?
Her woeful dialogue is matched only by her terrible delivery.

SM

QuoteDidnt see the blood no, but i was saying it because it was just such a simplistic stupid death scene.
But you never know maybe she was an android cos Janek doesnt say it for nothing and we never get the answer only the "my quarters" scene.

:laugh:

Weyland also had a simplistic death - HE IZ ROBOTZ 2??

Infected

Quote from: SM on Nov 01, 2013, 09:29:13 PM
QuoteDidnt see the blood no, but i was saying it because it was just such a simplistic stupid death scene.

:laugh:

Weyland also had a simplistic death - HE IZ ROBOTZ 2??
With the leg parts he was kinda cyborg so in a matter of way he was a robot :p

SM

So people with wheelchairz IZ ROBOTZ 2??!!11

Gash

Dave Ross.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Gash on Nov 01, 2013, 12:12:40 AM
I'd agree that the vast majority of the movie going audience wouldn't have known, but The Book of ALIEN, Giger's ALIEN and the novelisation certainly made it a very famous missing scene long before Aliens came out

To a minority of the audience - all of whom understood it was just that: Deleted.

Quoteand it's reinvention as nothing more than 'glue' in 86 was certainly very obvious to many fans of A L I E N.

It was nothing more than glue in the original scene, too. ;)

The only difference was in why the victims were being cocooned in the first place and it's completely acceptable to have egging as a way to produce a Queen-laying facehugger. We just haven't seen it, unfortunately.

Quote from: Infected on Nov 01, 2013, 10:39:58 AM

Dare I say it, but David 8, Ash, Bishop and even Call wouldn't have done much better, either.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Infected on Nov 01, 2013, 10:39:58 AMBut you never know maybe she was an android cos Janek doesnt say it for nothing

I'm pretty sure he says it because the writer thought it would be a funny line, considering that the character was deliberately written and acted to be ambiguous.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Gash on Nov 01, 2013, 12:12:40 AM

Quoteand it's reinvention as nothing more than 'glue' in 86 was certainly very obvious to many fans of A L I E N.

It was nothing more than glue in the original scene, too. ;)

The only difference was in why the victims were being cocooned in the first place and it's completely acceptable to have egging as a way to produce a Queen-laying facehugger. We just haven't seen it, unfortunately.

I think there is a major difference in the Dallas scene and the colonists scene in the way the secretion works. In  A L I E N  the cocoon is an insidious growth that is invading Dallas, basically eating him up as nourishment for an embryonic facehugger. Left to his fate he'll be consumed. It is why it is so horrifying that he is there with Brett's body, seeing what will happen to him.

In Aliens it really is just glue, holding colonists in place whilst facehugger eggs are placed before them. It's just not as horrifying an idea. All I remember thinking in 86 was that the whole concept had been misinterpreted. Obviously it was done for convenience to play the false hand of 'losing' Newt but being able to save her, but it was one of those re-invented conveniences that irritated me.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I don't think there was anything to say that the cocooning material, itself, was doing that. In fact, I think that in one version of that deleted scene (or at least, an early script draft), she asks Dallas what the Alien, itself, has done, which provokes some kind of emotional reaction from him, inferring he underwent some kind of violating invasion. And in the novelisation, based on the script, Alan Dean Foster writes of Ripley's thoughts going back to a comment Ash makes, in regards to parasitical wasps impregnating spiders (which I'd imagine would have been based on notes which were passed to him when he was writing the novel).

So, I don't think there was ever even behind-the-scenes intention of implying the cocoon material was doing anything but holding Dallas and Brett in place. It was something the Alien did which was meant to have begun the mutation process.

Also, in concept art, Giger (and, I think, O'Bannon) has the nest material more along the lines of silk, with Dallas and Brett undergoing the change into eggs, which further implies that it wasn't the material which was causing it. Later on, its general appearance changed to look more like what we know of today.

RoaryUK

Is it just me or does anyone else think Scott looks like he's just crawled out of the nearest boozer before that interview....???  ;D

Xenoscream

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 02, 2013, 11:42:27 PM
I don't think there was anything to say that the cocooning material, itself, was doing that. In fact, I think that in one version of that deleted scene (or at least, an early script draft), she asks Dallas what the Alien, itself, has done, which provokes some kind of emotional reaction from him, inferring he underwent some kind of violating invasion. And in the novelisation, based on the script, Alan Dean Foster writes of Ripley's thoughts going back to a comment Ash makes, in regards to parasitical wasps impregnating spiders (which I'd imagine would have been based on notes which were passed to him when he was writing the novel).

So, I don't think there was ever even behind-the-scenes intention of implying the cocoon material was doing anything but holding Dallas and Brett in place. It was something the Alien did which was meant to have begun the mutation process.

Also, in concept art, Giger (and, I think, O'Bannon) has the nest material more along the lines of silk, with Dallas and Brett undergoing the change into eggs, which further implies that it wasn't the material which was causing it. Later on, its general appearance changed to look more like what we know of today.

Yep I agree that the Alien did something to them and it's not the hive material that doing that. One cool idea for a new film would be to rescue someone who has just started the progress and hopelessly try to cure them as they mutated into an egg.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Xenoscream on Nov 03, 2013, 03:19:51 PMOne cool idea for a new film would be to rescue someone who has just started the progress and hopelessly try to cure them as they mutated into an egg.

That's F'ing freaky! I could get behind that.

StrangeShape

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 02, 2013, 11:42:27 PM

Yep

Nightmare Asylum

"You are... a beautiful, beautiful butterfly."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed