PC Patch #2 Details - Comparison Screenshots/Videos Inside

Started by ikarop, Mar 15, 2013, 01:37:15 AM

Author
PC Patch #2 Details - Comparison Screenshots/Videos Inside (Read 37,853 times)

poisonreap

poisonreap

Here it is. It's built into the shaders. You can find it under UberPostProcessBlendPixelShader.usf in your Aliens Colonial Marines\Engine\Shaders path. Still haven't figure out how to make it work without crashing it.

// add image grain = animated noise for a more filmic look
#if USE_IMAGEGRAIN
   {
      const half ImageGrainScale = ImageAdjustments1.w;

// per channel (faster?)
      // todo: use Square(float3) once it's in common.usf
      float3 GrainAmount = (1 - GammaColor) * (1 - GammaColor) * ImageGrainScale;
      // 1/256 to fight 8 bit quantization artifacts, image grain itself should only affect the darks
      GammaColor = saturate(GammaColor + (PseudoRandom(PixelPos) - 0.5f) * (GrainAmount + 1 / 256.0f));
   }
#endif // USE_IMAGEGRAIN

Xhan

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Mar 19, 2013, 03:54:45 AM
Film grain-  :'(  :-*

Hope to see it on the xbox and ps3.

No, no you don't.

It's f**king horrendous.

SM

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Sadogoat on Mar 18, 2013, 09:58:49 PM
Apparently Gearbox are looking into a toggle for the film grain - although it can probably be manually tweaked off in the .ini settings.

nnnnnope.

artisitcintegrity.gif

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: Xhan on Mar 19, 2013, 06:14:48 AM
Apparently Gearbox are looking into a toggle for the film grain - although it can probably be manually tweaked off in the .ini settings.

nnnnnope.

artisitcintegrity.gif

yes they are Xhan, Chris allready stated that in the update thread. You might have missed it due to the spamming of idiots.

ChrisF

QuoteThanks for the feedback thus far, all. Will be passing it on to the team, particularly as it relates to film grain not having a toggle.

They gave us a nice patch, no reason to think they wont add the toggle in the near future

Jango1201

I really hope the next patch for the Xbox fixes the graphics like it did for pc. I'd hate to have to spend money on the pc version just for a better gaming experience

Hemi

Quote from: Jango1201 on Mar 19, 2013, 08:06:40 AM
I really hope the next patch for the Xbox fixes the graphics like it did for pc. I'd hate to have to spend money on the pc version just for a better gaming experience

It will not, and get used to it.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Hemi on Mar 19, 2013, 07:56:17 AM
Quote from: Xhan on Mar 19, 2013, 06:14:48 AM

nnnnnope.

artisitcintegrity.gif

yes they are Xhan, Chris allready stated that in the update thread. You might have missed it due to the spamming of idiots.

ChrisF

QuoteThanks for the feedback thus far, all. Will be passing it on to the team, particularly as it relates to film grain not having a toggle.

They gave us a nice patch, no reason to think they wont add the toggle in the near future

The nope was for can you turn it off in the .ini settings, which, you can't.

Neither FilmGrain=blah nor PostProcessing=blah have an associated boolean, flag, or hook.

You can, however, turn the overlay a solid color on the alpha and thus remove it "manually".

Redfield83

A plea for help. I just moved and have no internet, say for the campus terminal which I am on now. I can't lug my tower to campus as security would probably think I am up to something bad (I am just a gamer officer). How is the patch coming in; is it an executable or is steam just overriding textures as it goes?

Could anyone host the patch for us stranded by non internet equipped homes?

Just asking for a lifeline here.

Thanks anyways, and awesome reporting.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The film grain is a little OTT. It's looking like a very old and worn VHS recording of Aliens!
If they can decrease the film grain opacity by about 50 to 70% it should help. Along with an option to completely disable it. The extra fogging looks good.

teras

No love for the consoles then?
Expected   :-(

PsyKore

The graphics do look better. I like that it's darker too, and some good fog effects. Some things still need some love, though. But it's by no means bad-looking.

The film grain is cool in a way, but it doesn't properly replicate the movie at all. The grain in this is too much and looks worse than VHS.

The aliens AI generally seem to target the player more, which makes solo play extremely hard in some sections, mostly in parts where you have to defend a spot. It can be frustrating and unfair.

One funny thing I found: there's a really bad glitch with the first lurker you encounter above where Keyes is hived. If you walk up to the lurker while he's still curled in the wall, his model starts moving around in the air. You can keep pushing him around all over the place while he's still in his static curled animation. Strange.

Not much else to really say. I still would like them to get rid of the stupid sway animation on the guns. It looks ridiculous seeing my laser pointer facing one way and seeing the hit detection to the right of it.

SPECIAL FORCES

Next patch: Improved AI and kill O Neal!!!

ACM will sell 200.000 copies more...eeeeasy.

shakermakerman

Silly question is this a steam only patch or all on pc?

EvilPraetorian

ACM on PC is purely a steamworks title,  Regardless of that,  It's all PC's naturally :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed